Just a thought on the food....

I keep seeing menus on CC and on every cruise I have ever done the food in the MDR has been the same. So, why do they make a big deal about the Chef when the food is the exact same on every ship and cruise I have been on. Yes I think its cool that they can serve 10,000 meals a day etc and I love RCI, dont get me wrong, but I think its funny that they have these big executive chefs and the meals never change. Make the chefs earn their pay and change the menus a bit and really do Chef stuff.... :p

I guess someone has to be "in charge" in the kitchen....and that would be a "chef"!

We have had the same dishes on different ships, but they do NOT always taste the same....so someone in the kitchen is doing something different at some point in time!

The Chefs can only get creative within the guidlines set by RCCL..They are looking for conformity fleet wide...Too bad...Cause I'm sure there are some great chefs that could really mix it up if they were allowed to....

uniformity fleet wide for convenience, but I do wish they would switch it up a bit. I DO like the food, it was just a thought that maybe they would switch it up fleet wide and try some new dishes. I guess I should consider myself lucky to be able to even say such a statement as some people dont even get to cruise. Even I think Im an A$$ now....lol:o

Cruise shipa are no different from land based resturants. The Chef at Spago in Las Vegas is NOT Wolfgang Puck, nor is he, or any other "name" chef in their resturant on a regular basis. The Executive Chefs are there to run the kitchen, and sometimes entire resturant, as the "big chef" wants it to run. His/Her job is to ensure the quality, consistancy and cost effectivness of all products delivered to the diners.

For a bit of an explination read Anthony Bourdains book Kitchen Confidential

Archived