Roll Call: Legend 8 April Crossing

skybarshrek

• 2 weeks later...

Doing the "Docs" dance. Well, actually it is only the pre-docs, but my thinking here is that this isn't a very well worked thread and maybe this will shake a few more coconuts from the tree, so to speak. We are less than 2 months away and we have the fewest posters I have ever seen for a trans-atlantic. Of course on last falls Spirit crossing we did discover an inordinate number of "lurkers". Let's hope this is the case . Come on other posters, let's shake this malaise of winter and get ready for our upcoming cruise.

Howard

Good golly - did I say "bargains??" I just took a look at SB website and the price for the spring crossings is well over twice the fare we travelled for in November. Wow. And actually, it's way above any TA fare we've ever paid. So it goes.

I've been watching the Seabourn TA listings for awhile. Prices haven't changed. But I'm surprised at what you say, LtSally. They're pretty consistent with 09. In the states, we experienced $2500 in 08, $3200 in 09 and $3200 in 2010 and 2011 for the A category on the smaller ships. This is with the exception of the 56% off for the Spirit in March 2010. If we didn't already have our airfare home from the Legend, we'd change. We loved the Spirit crew this past TA in November, not that we haven't enjoyed the Legend crews in the past!

Ginger

Looking at the new fares on the Spirit TA, I could have paid less for 13 days on SB than what I'm paying for 7 on HAL!

Host Dan

Yes Dan,and ofcourse you will be looking forward to fixed time dining with the same people every night.

We tried HAL once and had to eat in the Pinnacle grill every evening after experiencing the main restaurant.

Good luck

OK - this is what I looked at yesterday - and $6400 is pretty much of a gobsmack, no?

http://seabourn.com/PlanACruise/Search/index.cfm?a=search&process=1&RegionID=5&date=04%2F01%2F10&shipID=0&duration=0&x=41&y=9

It's not til you go to the Special Savings, which I just did now to find a much more reasonable price.....and recover from my initial 'faint.'

Sure agree with you, Ginger, on the November crew. Fabulous. Hope all you spring crossing sailors have a wonderful time!!

Oh ltsally, you don't really need that tiara, just sell it and come along. Seriously, I for one will miss you. Ginger and I will have to meet for tea and drown our sorrows in cake. I too must admit that the Spirit crew was outstanding. Of course we were fewer passengers than normal and that too had something to do with it. Less than 2 months and we're off once again, I just love Seabourn.

Howard

Yes Dan,and ofcourse you will be looking forward to fixed time dining with the same people every night.

We tried HAL once and had to eat in the Pinnacle grill every evening after experiencing the main restaurant.

Good luck

;)

Host Dan

We will be going on our second Transatlantic cruise with Seabourn. Brother and sister in law will be joining us. Looking forward to meeting with all in Ft. Lauderdale.Who else will be with us?

Bush in New Orleans

My wife and I will be on the Legend transatlantic April 8. We will then continue on to Rome on the April 21 and May 2 cruises. It would be nice if we could meet on the first morning (Friday) to get to know each other and put together a trivia team for those many days at sea

I am also looking for another couple to join us for an extensive tour of Lisbon (April 21 -8:30am till 3:30pm) with a very experienced private guide and separate driver.

Bonnie & Dave

Why don't we plan on meeting as always at the sky bar after lifeboat drill? That has always worked before. Everyone does it. Trivia, is of course, a main reason for going on Seabourn. That and the crew of course.

Howard

Howard - sounds good to us, we will see you at the Sky Bar.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyone on this crossing who would be interested in playing bridge with a rank beginner (me) and a "party bridge" player? My husband thinks this might be a fun way to meet people and pass the time. This will be our first trip on Seabourn, and so we don't know how easy it might be to find partners once on board.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kim (and Jim)

You should attend the bridge classes on board. Speak to the instructor the first day and explain you have 0 experience with the game. Ask if he/she will set up lessons for absolute beginners. We have traveled Seabourn many times a bridge directors. My partner runs the intermediate classes and I take the absolute beginners. Then he runs the duplicate game and when I am not needed there, I work with the party bridge players. Just ask the instructor to set this up. I am sure they will be willing to accommodate.

Archived