Can you go back?

GrammyJill

OK, had an ocean view on Holiday, a balcony on Enchantment, considering going back to an ocean view but not quite sure.

Could you? Would you? If you did go back to an ocean view after having a balcony were you happy?

Nope, will not sail unless it is at least a balcony now or a suite.

I think it would depend on the length of the cruise. I have had balcony, view and inside cabins. If the cruise is over 14 days I would go for the balcony. Our last cruise was an inside and or next will probably be an inside as well. As some have said it's balcony or above for them. My wife and I feel that the type of cabin isn't all that important to us, other than it's relatively quiet. We don't book a cabin near stairs or elevators and like cabins beyond the last stairwell fore or aft.

For me it depends on the time of year. I don't get much use on the balcony in January -- too chilly, and gets dark too soon. Besides, my wife and I are late sleepers, and you can really sleep late in an inside cabin. We had a balcony in Hawaii and really enjoyed it. We had a balcony on the Rhapsody in May 2006 and did not use it as much -- partly because the people on the Lido deck had a good view right into our balcony. All other cruises for us have been inside cabins, except one (don't remember which) where the upgraded us to an ocean view cabin.

Personally, I would rather go on 3 cruises inside cabin than 2 cruises balcony -- which is about what the price difference is. But, as they say, "Differences of opinion is what makes horse races."

Archived