Luke, it is your DESTINY! 01/21/10, Pictorial Review

DarthGrady

Awesome review well done! We were on here on the 1-2-2010 cruise and had a good time. Noticed those doors are still broken. I was wondering how they broke. It was kinda windy on that part I was thinking the wind caught them and they got slammed.

Grady I love the title of your review and also the section that you called "the dark side". I'm enjoying the review so far. Can't wait to read more tomorrow!

:eek: That's really bright and purple!

Yep, it was like being in Prince's living room.

Hi Grady, thanks so much for the pictorial review!!! I was on the ship just prior to you - the notorious cruise to Nassau one :rolleyes:

I am intrigued by that one shot of the broken glass door to the buffet area as I don't recall any of those doors being broken when we were onboard. Which door was it, BTW? I wonder when it happened? Hopefully it wasn't one of our disgruntled pax ... not good at all, if that was the case.

Can't wait to see more pics. Keep up the great review, as you always do! I thoroughly enjoy reading them.

Miriam

Hi Grady, thanks so much for the pictorial review!!! I was on the ship just prior to you - the notorious cruise to Nassau one :rolleyes:

I am intrigued by that one shot of the broken glass door to the buffet area as I don't recall any of those doors being broken when we were onboard. Which door was it, BTW? I wonder when it happened? Hopefully it wasn't one of our disgruntled pax ... not good at all, if that was the case.

Can't wait to see more pics. Keep up the great review, as you always do! I thoroughly enjoy reading them.

Miriam

Miriam,

I think it might have been on the upper deck of the Lido restaurant. Did you make it up that way?

Miriam

It was the upper deck of the lido buffet, the two doors that lead out to the aft sun deck above the pool. The starboard side door was the one broken and out of service. The port door was still working but also shattered.

She looks a lot different than when I was on Dec. 04. Must have had a major refit since then.

Yes, as I understand it she did get drydocked a couple of years ago. I think she got some renovations during that, though I'm not sure what all it entailed.

great pics, looks like you have everything covered. did you charter the ship for yourself? it looks empty!:eek:

LOL, yep all to myself, I like the legroom! :D;) No, but I do try to get the timing right so I can capture just the ship and not the crowds. Some areas are easier than others.

LOL, yep all to myself, I like the legroom! :D;) No, but I do try to get the timing right so I can capture just the ship and not the crowds. Some areas are easier than others.

Don't shower for a few days prior to the pics? :p

Your pics are making me miss the Destiny!!!! We were on her Dec. 10, 09-and luckily made it to both Key West and Cozumel. We were in between the madness but got lucky with our trip. It saddened me to hear that people's long awaited vacations(Like yours)were ruined bc of the issues the ship had, and nothign was done about it. Not everyone is lucky like to go on many cruises and for some it was their first or maybe second cruise. But, I am glad Carnival is FINALLY after MONTHS of issues is doing something about it to fix the ship. My family and I had a lot of fun on the Destiny and I hope she continues to be a fun ship for Carnival for many years to come!

It was the upper deck of the lido buffet, the two doors that lead out to the aft sun deck above the pool. The starboard side door was the one broken and out of service. The port door was still working but also shattered.

I used the starboard door on our last sea day, thinking it was fine (at least I remember it opening for me :)

Decks 2, 3, 6, 7 and 8 are almost totally devoted to passenger cabins. Lido Deck 9 does have a few cabins, but is mostly an exterior deck that is home to the ships main sunning decks and the main pools. The Sun and Sea Buffet is between the main and aft pools. The ship’s spa is on deck 10. I visited it only once, but it appeared to be in very good shape. The locker areas were clean and the gym equipment was in good repair. At the very top of the ship, wrapping around the funnel is the mini golf course. At the forward end is the Camp Carnival and Circle C area.

Seaside Theater

232323232%7Ffp4335%3A%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3333%3B96%3B48326nu0mrj

Exterior Promenade

232323232%7Ffp43353%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3333%3B95%3B69326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43368%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3333%3B96%3B5%3B326nu0mrj

Day 1, Miami:

The first day on the ship was mostly spent at the Lido Deck. We hit the hot tubs and enjoyed some great food in the buffet. Our wait staff in the main dining room was top notch, and the food was probably the best we have had on any Carnival ship. After dinner that night we spent some time in the piano bar, but did not stay long. Most of us were tired, so it was an early night.

In Miami

232323232%7Ffp43438%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3333%3B57454326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43368%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3333%3B57457326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43368%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3333%3B55498326nu0mrj

Archived