Was the frozen drink pkge worth it???

GaryNFla

Hello everyone, I am asking for feedback just from people that have cruised and purchased the frozen drink pkge. Was it a good deal, and how was the service and was it different from the days when we all had to pay as we ordered. Thanks to all that take the time and answer..:):):)

yes it was worth it for me on my 11 day cruise on the equinox. i orded my wife a drink waited 10 min and ordered me a drink. it was also nice not having to sign a receipt every time just gave them my card they gave me a drink and my card back. You can still see on your account how many you drank. It was also nice to try something new and if i did not like it 6.90 did not go to waste as far as i was concerned. I only had to drink 3 drinks a day to break even and before the cruise left port on the first day i was way ahead of my quota. Hope this helps.

I too tried it on the 11 nighter on the Equinox but I didn't get my fill out of it...... to be fair however I should add we had bad weather for many days and I was in quarentine for a day and a 1/2 on top of it. I also found however that it was a bit too restrictive..... especially since I wasn't drinking all that much.

In the future I think I will go back to giving myself OBC in the months leading up to the cruise so I am more flexable.

BEAWARE!!!! Some barkeepers oversee and over hear the package on the card and actually charge you so watch your accounts/bills I have to say I had to do several trips to the desk to have those misposts fixed. Maybe growing pains but still soemthing to watch out for.

I bought the frozen drinks package on the Summit in December. As warthog999 mentioned you only have to drink 3 drinks per day to make it come out, for the drinks are around $7.50 with the tip. The package price includes all tips. We were port intensive with only one sea day, so I didn't drink as much as I could have, but it is definitely worth it in my opinion if you like drinking frozen drinks. If you want a variety, not so much, unless as mentioned you drink at least 3 of the frozen drinks. You can mix up the drinks you get and you can have anything frozen. After trying different drinks I usually went with the pina colada which was made to order with 151 rum and then had a floater of rum on top. Yummy. They were in big glasses, not little ones and the service was fantastic. Did not experience any rudeness because we had a package. I liked the fact that my drinks were paid for and I didn't have to worry about what might end up on the bill.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for coming back on and acknowledging those that took the time to respond. Very nice. Many people start a thread and if they get the info they want, you don't 'hear' from them again.

It's always nice (and proper web--etiquette) to respond back and either tell people what you are doing with their info, or just say 'thanks'.

Denny

Whoa...I did not even know about this package. Sign me up! I was going to get the wine package, but honestly I prefer the fancy frozen stuff. Can't wait until the online reservation for beverage packages is available for me!

This may sound stupid, but can you also get virgin frozen drinks on this package as well? I like frozen drinks but sometime, especially if we are laying at the pool all afternoon, I like to mix it up with a few virgin drinks as well. My husband doesn't drink at all but could easily go through his $ worth of virgin pina colada's. Any thoughts?

BEAWARE!!!! Some barkeepers oversee and over hear the package on the card and actually charge you so watch your accounts/bills I have to say I had to do several trips to the desk to have those misposts fixed. Maybe growing pains but still soemthing to watch out for.

Not sure what you mean...? Do you mean that you'd have bought a package, but they still charge your account for drinks on top of that?

Thank you for coming back on and acknowledging those that took the time to respond. Very nice. Many people start a thread and if they get the info they want, you don't 'hear' from them again.

It's always nice (and proper web--etiquette) to respond back and either tell people what you are doing with their info, or just say 'thanks'.

Denny

My pleasure!!

Are you saying that you paid for one package and shared it? I didn't think this was allowed.

It's never allowed, but I believe it is commonly done. I have had soda packages in the past and ordered at least one soda for DW.

yes it was worth it for me on my 11 day cruise on the equinox. i orded my wife a drink waited 10 min and ordered me a drink. it was also nice not having to sign a receipt every time just gave them my card they gave me a drink and my card back. You can still see on your account how many you drank. It was also nice to try something new and if i did not like it 6.90 did not go to waste as far as i was concerned. I only had to drink 3 drinks a day to break even and before the cruise left port on the first day i was way ahead of my quota. Hope this helps.

Are you saying that you paid for one package and shared it? I didn't think this was allowed.

It's never allowed, but I believe it is commonly done. I have had soda packages in the past and ordered at least one soda for DW.

$2 soda sharing is likely going to be tolerated more than $7 alcoholic drink sharing

This may sound stupid, but can you also get virgin frozen drinks on this package as well? I like frozen drinks but sometime, especially if we are laying at the pool all afternoon, I like to mix it up with a few virgin drinks as well. My husband doesn't drink at all but could easily go through his $ worth of virgin pina colada's. Any thoughts?

Yes any kind of frozen drink is included whether it has alcohol or not. It states it right on Celebrity's website! Enjoy

I believe someone mentioned the drinks including tip are about $7.50, so as they said, 3 drinks a day and the rest are "free." I am planning to do the package on my Panama Canal cruise in April - 16 nights and only 5 port days! Love sitting by the pool drinking those cold ones, and it'll be hot down there! I figure if I want a beer, DH can buy one and I'll give him my pina colada. But we'll pay for the beer! The price for the 16 days is like $352, so I figure that's not bad. Just gotta watch all the calories!

I believe someone mentioned the drinks including tip are about $7.50, so as they said, 3 drinks a day and the rest are "free." I am planning to do the package on my Panama Canal cruise in April - 16 nights and only 5 port days! Love sitting by the pool drinking those cold ones, and it'll be hot down there! I figure if I want a beer, DH can buy one and I'll give him my pina colada. But we'll pay for the beer! The price for the 16 days is like $352, so I figure that's not bad. Just gotta watch all the calories!

Beware. On our Panama Canal cruise in December from San Diego to Miami they were hard pressed to sell drinks as alot of people were not really sun goers. They had 2/1 specials often like 2 miami vices for $ 5.00. We sometimes got the server to give us mudslides and margaritas for the same price so the package for us was not worth it.

Claudette

$2 soda sharing is likely going to be tolerated more than $7 alcoholic drink sharing

An excellent point! :D

I occasionally like drinks other than frozen ones, though, while DW usually only gets frozen drinks, so perhaps we'll order for each other - she'll order the Seabreeze and I'll order the mudslide - and then we can switch off or something. Who knows. All I know is that we had a $200+ bar bill for a one-week cruise, so our next one is 14 nts and I think this package will be worth it. ;)

pattibacon is right though...the frozen drinks have even more calories because of all the creamy goodness!

EDIT: I just suggested this to DW and she said "hey, I was going to get my OWN frozen drink package!" So that problem is solved. :)

Beware. On our Panama Canal cruise in December from San Diego to Miami they were hard pressed to sell drinks as alot of people were not really sun goers. They had 2/1 specials often like 2 miami vices for $ 5.00. We sometimes got the server to give us mudslides and margaritas for the same price so the package for us was not worth it.

Claudette

actually now you remind me, we had buy 1 get 1 free pina coladas one day, during the week (it was when it was the drink of the day so 2 drinks for $5). I think it was in St. Croix or St. Kitts? I forgot they offered that to us one day as well.

Archived