Need your best tips/advice for Liberty!

Get a guidebook for the ports you'll visit--it will put you a step ahead and enhance your port days!

Labadee is a beach day--you won't find that in most guidebooks....it's like having a "sea day", but on land!

Bring binoculars--there's alot to see at sea!

If you want to get the most of of the FlowRider, pay the $300 and rent it privately for 1 hour. We did that for my 3 teens and it was THE BEST time they had on it. The instructors are really great, but PHILIP was the one my kids liked the most.

My best tip is that all of the regular coffee, tea and treats are free in the coffee shop on the promanade. We saw the menu board and thought everything cost extra so we didn't go in until day 4 of our trip. Once we realized it we enjoyed a Tea and cookies each evening before bed in there. It has a great relaxing atmosphere, particularly in the evening.

The stuff they charge extra for are the Cappicino's, Latte's, Iced Specialty Coffee Beverages. ($3 - 5 each)

Felt like that luxury of lounging over a coffee in a Starbucks with no place to go that we never have at home!

Danielle

I agree that you should rent the flowrider for a hour. I paid $75.00 which was lessons and use with 10 other people (price is per person) for one hour. If you have a smaller group this is much more affordable you since they fill 10 spots with not the hour rental. But if I was in a large group I would rent the whole thing just for my group and I don't believe that there is a limit on amount of people with this rental. The instructors were great!!! Also it was fun to just watch peole try the flow rider they was seats all around it to just hang out and watch.

Grand Caymen is one of my favorite island I would highly recommend doing the sting ray excusion. I loved it!

2805652850104148394S600x600Q85.jpg

Prime real estate = hot tub by pool bar

2794036210104148394S600x600Q85.jpg

Volunteer to judge the sexy legs contest

2453040670104148394S600x600Q85.jpg

Particpate in Dancing in the Streets on the Royal Promenade

2648441220104148394S600x600Q85.jpg

Pretend you're looking for your child and play in the H2O zone

2404550520104148394S600x600Q85.jpg

Get out there

2232509880104148394S600x600Q85.jpg

Try the Drink of the day

If you want to get the most of of the FlowRider, pay the $300 and rent it privately for 1 hour. We did that for my 3 teens and it was THE BEST time they had on it. The instructors are really great, but PHILIP was the one my kids liked the most.

Could you tell me where you sign up for the lessons and did the lessons both public and private fill up fast.

Shak

2457243880104148394S600x600Q85.jpg

Flow rider

2217600780104148394S600x600Q85.jpg

Food for the young, unlimited food for $5 per visit (Shakes-Drinks extra)

2912670020104148394S600x600Q85.jpg

Full court basketball court (also used for soccer, volleyball, dodgeball) & enormous rock climbing wall

2152897230104148394S600x600Q85.jpg

Promenade, parades, dances, Ben& Jerry's Ice Cream, Sorriento's Pizza...

2539119890104148394S600x600Q85.jpg

Guitar Hero competition

OK, sailing on the Liberty in Feb and those pictures are making me drool. I love the one of the hot tub by the pool bar...great suggestion...just beware of the person who never seems to get out to go the bathroom...ahem!! :rolleyes:

So they play dodgeball on board too? Thats AWESOME!!

Thanks for the wonderful pics! We are on the Liberty in April (our first cruise ever) and l'm very excited! Keep them coming!

You chose a terrific ship for your first cruise! We were on the Liberty two weeks ago; it is beautiful. Photos in the link below. The parades etc on the Royal Promenade are lots of fun. The production shows are very good. We played mini-putt almost every day (it is an ongoing competition between me and my DH). The lunch in the dining room is excellent -- you design your own salad from an extensive selection and the chefs prepare it for you plus there is a menu on at the table; we had salads and ordered turkey burgers -- excellent.

Do join RCI's loyalty program the Crown and Anchor Society; see the Loyalty Ambassador onboard or contact RCI after your cruise. Info on the program on their website. It is a very good program and you start getting perks after your first cruise.

Have you joined your Roll Call yet? We had lots of people on our Roll Call sign up for the Meet and Mingle (link is upper right hand side of this page) and it was great to put faces to names.

The Meet and Mingle Party usually lasts about an hour; munchies and non-alcoholic drinks are served; prizes etc.

Have a wonderful time!

Kathy:)

I'm all in! How do they announce the game and do you remember when in the week it was?

All activities listed on the daily Compass (usually found in your cabin each evening) and differ day to day, most activities will be on the sea days where you're a captive audience.

If you're into competition they also plan a pool volleyball tournament vs crew.

I like the western itinerary - done it many times and it's always fun. If you've never been, you might want to consider the following:

Ocho Rios - go to Dunns River Falls and climb it.

Grand Cayman - take the Stingray City tour.

Cozumel - go to Chankanaab park and swim with dolphins.

If none of these appeal to you, you can always just wander around. Ocho Rios has a nice Margaritaville in the Island Village. Grand Cayman has a new rum, called 7 Fathoms - go left at the pier and walk a few blocks, look for the Hammerhead Brew Pub, get a distillery tour. For Cozumel, just walk the malecon and go shopping.

Further info about all of these ports are on my web site, as well as a review and photos of our recent Freedom cruise (sister ship to the Liberty).

We were on the Liberty in December 08 on the Western, although we stopped at Montego Bay instead of Ocho Rios. WONDERFUL cruise - we did river tubing in Jamaica, Rum Point trip with Nativeway on Grand Cayman (GREAT!), and Paradise Beach in Cozumel (preferred Chankanaab from our previous cruise). I have tons of pics and the compasses linked in my signature, but here are a few highlights:

Son in the Dodgeball game:

243TimDodgeball.jpg

Beautiful Labadee:

378DragonsBreathscenery.jpg

"Village People" on Promenade:

3207LibertyVillagePeople.jpg

Amazing hot tub:

42Viewfromthehottub.jpg

Rum Point lunch...paradise:

5137RumPoint.jpg

You will have a blast!

Thanks everyone! (and thanks to the original poster of this thread, considering I piggytailed off of it haha) This website has been so great, especially for a newbie like me trying to plan excursions. My LOS western goes to Costa Maya, Belize City, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. I have already reserved the stingray/snorkeling trip with Stingray Sailing in G.C. I want to do Nachi Como in Cozumel (and still prob will) but am concerned about our port times (7 am-4 pm). I'm still up in the air in Costa Maya (may just wander Majuhaul and eat/drink!) and Belize (some ruins, possibly). All the pics are wonderful and I love the reviews/suggestions.

Thanks again!

Archived