3 day out of Miami---Hotel??

jasjess7881

Hello all,

I am taking a 3 day cruise out of Miami on the Carnival Imagination in October. I was wondering about where to stay? If anybody could provide the hotel they may have stayed at and what you thought about the location, I would be very appreciative!! We would like to stay in Miami Beach but not sure how far from the port that is. We will be flying in, so we will need transfers and shuttles, I am sure!! And of course we are flying in a day early!! I have never been to Miami, so we would also like to be close to the nightlife!!!

I know that you all have GREAT info, so any help would be great!!

Thanks

We did not stay on Miami beach, but we stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It is across from the Bayside Marketplace, which was a lot of fun, then just a quick cab ride over the bridge in the morning, and you are at the port. You can see the ships in the morning from the hotel. The rooms are small, but for a pre cruise hotel, it is fine. Have a wonderful trip!:D

Hello all,

I am taking a 3 day cruise out of Miami on the Carnival Imagination in October. I was wondering about where to stay? If anybody could provide the hotel they may have stayed at and what you thought about the location, I would be very appreciative!! We would like to stay in Miami Beach but not sure how far from the port that is. We will be flying in, so we will need transfers and shuttles, I am sure!! And of course we are flying in a day early!! I have never been to Miami, so we would also like to be close to the nightlife!!!

I know that you all have GREAT info, so any help would be great!!

Thanks

You should check out the Florida departures board.. TONS of info there .. I am sure they will be able to help you out;) We usually stay DT at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami.. great location close to the Port and night life right across the street :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

You should check out the Florida departures board.. TONS of info there .. I am sure they will be able to help you out;) We usually stay DT at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami.. great location close to the Port and night life right across the street :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Thanks so much...I knew somebody would be quick with info!!! I must have missed this thread when I was looking!! I appreciate it!!

We did not stay on Miami beach, but we stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It is across from the Bayside Marketplace, which was a lot of fun, then just a quick cab ride over the bridge in the morning, and you are at the port. You can see the ships in the morning from the hotel. The rooms are small, but for a pre cruise hotel, it is fine. Have a wonderful trip!:D

We had a HUGE room...we got 2 doubles and a pull out couch (on your reservation form, request a room of a view of the port).

2641423030071447156S425x425Q85.jpg

And this is the view in the morning :)

2675991780071447156S425x425Q85.jpg

The hotel itself is a tiny bit older, but well kept and clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. It's also a block away from a CVS, which makes it super convenient to pick up things you may not want to haul all the way down to FL (especially with the bag fees and overweight bag charges). McDonald's is around the corner for a cheap breakfast, or doughnuts from CVS. It's about a $15 cab ride to South Beach, which is fun to check out the shops and stroll on the beach. Bayside is decent, has live music at night (which is fun) and a decent variety of a few restaurants.

Forget about shuttles and transfers, cabs are plentiful and cheap and definately the way to go.

We've also stayed at the Crowne Plaza near the airport and the Marriott Courtyard downtown, we preferred the Holiday Inn POM.

Search these boards and BlueHeron's blog for more information on Miami Beach hotels, dining and nightlife.

A taxi to Miami Beach from MIA will cost $30+ - dependiing upon traffic the ride will take 20 minutes or so. A cab to POM the next morning will run between $10-15. After your cruise a cab from POM to MIA is a flat rate $24+tip. Good luck!:)

If you want to stay in the middle of the action, that's Miami Beach. A hotel for one night will cost as much as your whole cruise fare.

We stayed that the Hilton Downtown after winning the bid on priceline. It's a nice enough hotel but the area is deserted on the weekends. We took a take to the hotel ($25) & another to the port in the morning. ($15).

If you want to stay in the middle of the action, that's Miami Beach. A hotel for one night will cost as much as your whole cruise fare.

).

That really isn't true.

Stay in South Beach. Lots of shopping and dining and you will not need a car. Avoid the Holiday Inn POM until they do a renovation. It is an overpriced dump. Also downtown is a snooze.

Archived