Disappointed

prncsscruiser

I know I was j/k. I don't understand those who say a 3 day cruise isn't representative of Carnivals product. A 3 day cruise is their product and shouldn't be used so flippantly. IMHO, YMMV, blah blah

So true. Although I haven't been on a short cruise with Carnival on any of their older ships, I did go on 2-5 day RCI NOS cruises and that was great, especially for the heavily discounted rate which actually made it cheaper than Carnival at the time. But, I wouldn't compare that to the RCI Majesty or Monarch which are far older products nor do I care to try them.

Bottom line it's best to try longer and more modern ships no matter which line to get a varied experience. But, its certainly understandable that once you've had a bad experience that it's natural to avoid an entire line. Just glad I started off with Carnival on 7 day with newer ships that have convinced me to continue with their product but to also keep trying others.

I just want to review my last trip a few months ago on the Carnival Paradise. I am not sure if it is because this was an older ship, or because it was only a 3 day cruise, or if it was simply Carnival, but I felt that it was trashy! In my opinion the food was not even close to any other cruise I have been on. Breakfast I thought fell short, the offerings were typical and very few. I was constantly bombarded by the drink people to purchase a drink, and honestly 5 minutes ago I told you NO and my answer is still the same. The fact that I felt that they were constantly hovering around me ready to pounce was annoying. The room smelled old and musty, the tile in the shower was extremely dirty, the grout was just beyond discolored. There was rust on the mirror. The only good thing I can say I really enjoyed was our waiter was awesome! At this point I will not ever sail carnival again I was extremely disappointed. I knew that Carnival was cheaper than princess so I was expecting a little less from them, but not THAT much less. So it could be the ship, could be the duration, but I was not impressed.

I don't think your complaints have anything to do with the length of the cruise, as some people seem to be focusing on. We were on a week long cruise on the Victory and felt exactly the same way about the ship, the food, and the quality of the people sailing on Carnival. Whether you cruise for 3 days, 5 days, or 9 days, the room should be clean without a musty smell, there shouldn't be rust anywhere in the room, and the food should be plentiful and good.

We'll probably sail Carnival Pride at some point because let's face it, it's cheap, and we can easily drive to Baltimore and avoid flying, but we'll know exactly what to expect. And I don't care what those Carnival cheerleaders say, but Carnival is not at the same level as Princess in my opinion. Everything was of a much higher level on Princess.

Let the flames begin.

- Sharon -

Don't worry, we've been on the Paradise twice (and other Fantasy class ships) and will be again next month too. The Paradise is actually one of the newer Fantasy class ships and we always have a good time. It's all about expectations and attitude. You'll have a great time!

ive done the fantasy and fascination both 3 days cruises.. and had a GREAT time actaully those were even better than the 9 day i did to aruba on rci a few years back on the voyager.. i really didnt care if the grout looked old.. cause i was on vacation i do enough cleaning at home.. and well the cabin is only my home for 3 days to worry about it lol... i dont have to make my bed, i dont have to cook.. good enough for me.. put me on the ship and sail me away :) lol youre going to have a great time.. hey that stuff happens even at exspensive all inclusives.. we were in mexico at a palace resort in november..the shower drain kept flooding the whole bathroom, the remote control to the tv was possessed...the hot tub in the room was gross... we rolled with the punches we werent at home and its all of what you make of it.. i didnt even bother to call concierge to complain, and just a side note.. i paid 3x to stay at that resort than i would have paid on a wonderful cruise ( this was the bf vacation plan , not mine! LOL) vacation is what you make of it...enjoy yours :)

It is my understanding that a shorter cruise on an older ship is not the best example to represent a cruise line overall.

It should be !!!!!! A lot of people take a shorter cruise to sample the feeling of cruising and it should show the highest degree of that line. Of course, this is my opinion.

I don't think your complaints have anything to do with the length of the cruise, as some people seem to be focusing on. We were on a week long cruise on the Victory and felt exactly the same way about the ship, the food, and the quality of the people sailing on Carnival. Whether you cruise for 3 days, 5 days, or 9 days, the room should be clean without a musty smell, there shouldn't be rust anywhere in the room, and the food should be plentiful and good.

We'll probably sail Carnival Pride at some point because let's face it, it's cheap, and we can easily drive to Baltimore and avoid flying, but we'll know exactly what to expect. And I don't care what those Carnival cheerleaders say, but Carnival is not at the same level as Princess in my opinion. Everything was of a much higher level on Princess.

Let the flames begin.

- Sharon -

Quality of people??? I own an Allstate Agency and BF owns a pool company...what does taking a 3 day cruise have anything to do with the Quality of people we are??? its not the only vacation we take a year..in fact its one of several.. we own a second residence in Florida and often combine a weeks stay at the second residence with a short cruise... thats really derogatory.. yea NO *** let the flames begin.. ive also sailed princess and RCI.. the flames wont come from carnival cheerleaders just that your broad ignorant statement of lumping everyone who takes a 3/5/7 days cruise on carnival into a lower quality or caliber of people..

Define quality of people? I hope that you don't mean people with lower income..... Does that mean we aren't allowed to go on vacation also? :eek:

NO LOL.. you can go on vacation.. just not on carnival according to that poster.. lower income doesnt make you low class..if you cruise carnival you are lower class??? Idk, just an ignorant statement all the way around IMHO...

I know I was j/k. I don't understand those who say a 3 day cruise isn't representative of Carnivals product. A 3 day cruise is their product and shouldn't be used so flippantly. IMHO, YMMV, blah blah

But it DOES make a difference, not just on CCL either.

I took a 14 day cruise on celebrity and hated it. I was informed that a 7 day cruise would have been a bit more 'lively' on the same line.

The number of days makes a total difference in the passengers on board and this can make a big difference in your cruise experience.

AND to be clear, age and socioeconomics does make a difference in the passengers.

This is not a derogatory statement. It is fact. If it's derogatory, I am 'insuting' myself because I love Carnival.

I cannot believe that someone thinks they can tell the quality of people by the amt of time the cruise is....

We took a 5 day cruise on Carnival and Carnival took our money just as they would have had we booked a longer cruise.

yes for the amt of money we pd we would expect the shower drains to be running and the room to be rust free.

I think that if anyone on this board posts anything neg about a cruise that people are so narrow minded they cannot beleive things are as stated. And you will be attacked in writting.

I for one will not post on this board any longer.

And what concern is it to ANYONE how long a person waits to post a review? Some of us do have a very busy life and have more to do with our days/nights than read or post to this forum.

But it DOES make a difference, not just on CCL either.

I took a 14 day cruise on celebrity and hated it. I was informed that a 7 day cruise would have been a bit more 'lively' on the same line.

The number of days makes a total difference in the passengers on board and this can make a big difference in your cruise experience.

Lets also rememeber that the vast majority of people takeing 14 days cruises are also retired.. NOT that they are loaded.. there are plenty of 10/14 day cruises i could afford to go on,, but i cant take two straight weeks out of my office... thus the reason why the longer cruises tend to be an older clientele...regardless of the line.. the longer the cruise,, more than 50% of the pax are going to be retirees...

I cannot believe that someone thinks they can tell the quality of people by the amt of time the cruise is....

We took a 5 day cruise on Carnival and Carnival took our money just as they would have had we booked a longer cruise.

yes for the amt of money we pd we would expect the shower drains to be running and the room to be rust free.

I think that if anyone on this board posts anything neg about a cruise that people are so narrow minded they cannot beleive things are as stated. And you will be attacked in writting.

I for one will not post on this board any longer.

And what concern is it to ANYONE how long a person waits to post a review? Some of us do have a very busy life and have more to do with our days/nights than read or post to this forum.

Are you honestly offended by a post from a stranger on a messageboard not even directed at you? I find that fascinating.

NO LOL.. you can go on vacation.. just not on carnival according to that poster.. lower income doesnt make you low class..if you cruise carnival you are lower class??? Idk, just an ignorant statement all the way around IMHO...

...no carnival vacations?!? How about if we stay on the lower decks like the people did on the Titantic?...lol j/k

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe she just worded it badly?

I'm just hoping that she meant that misbehaved people were there....

that's too bad. i understand that a lot of people look at different things to compare, critique, etc.... I also feel breakfast could be a little better. not exactly how, but surprise me ;) as far wanting a clean room, that's fine. many people like to see cleanliness, no matter if it's a cruise cabin, or holiday inn express.

i'd say to try yore luck again, but no pressure, as i'm sure the other lines are quite nice too ;)

Quality of people??? I own an Allstate Agency and BF owns a pool company...what does taking a 3 day cruise have anything to do with the Quality of people we are??? its not the only vacation we take a year..in fact its one of several.. we own a second residence in Florida and often combine a weeks stay at the second residence with a short cruise... thats really derogatory.. yea NO *** let the flames begin.. ive also sailed princess and RCI.. the flames wont come from carnival cheerleaders just that your broad ignorant statement of lumping everyone who takes a 3/5/7 days cruise on carnival into a lower quality or caliber of people..

The only explanation that can be given, and it appears to be discriminatory, is that the person making the statement thinks that people who go on shorter cruises can not afford longer ones, and that people who cannot afford longer cruises are of a lower "quality" than ones who can afford longer ones.

I never knew that financial status had anything to do with quality of people, if it is true then I have something wrong because some fo the biggest low lifes that I knwo have lots of money and some of the most down to earth, nicest people live pay check to pay check.

:( Sometimes I never understand why people don't READ and THINK before they start typing on these message boards.

Let the flames begin.

- Sharon -

Can you say ignorant? :(:eek::( I feel very sorry for your narrow minded view.

Gee . . . I am glad that I never sail with you and I sail much higher class lines than Princess, but I still love Carnival too.

I really like Carnival and have sailed with them several times. I went on my one and only 3 day on the Paradise a couple of years ago and will not do it again.

It was the only cruise that I had experienced a young, drunk, punk of a guy trying to pick a fist fight with a crew member outside of one of the clubs. Not to say this doesn't happen on longer cruises but it is less likely in my opinion. People in the dining room at breakfast in their pajamas, not even taking the time to run a comb through their hair. The first day when we got to our cabin we could smell the strong scent of pot all through the halls. I had a diffucult time trying to explain all this to my then 8 year old daughter.:eek:

Happy cruising!

Toni

Lets also rememeber that the vast majority of people takeing 14 days cruises are also retired.. NOT that they are loaded.. there are plenty of 10/14 day cruises i could afford to go on,, but i cant take two straight weeks out of my office... thus the reason why the longer cruises tend to be an older clientele...regardless of the line.. the longer the cruise,, more than 50% of the pax are going to be retirees...

I'm not forgetting that. I specifically included 'age' in my comment.

The age of the passengers on a shorter cruise will definitely average out younger and this changes the dynamics on a ship.

I have taken a few short cruises. I love them (and I am 47) but I was not the 'average' on the cruise...I was up on the high end at this age on a 3 and 4 day sail. On my 14 days sail on X, we were the babies.

My longer cruises on NCL were a little bit different...There were more people (in both cases) ranging from their 30's to their 60's. On X, (I think because it was a Panama canal crossing, maybe?) the VAST majority of the people were married for 50 or more years. They were mostly in their 70's. There were very few middle aged folks on that sailing.

Besides age, the time of year you cruise and your itinerary make a big difference on top of the cruise line AND the age of your ship.

Lots of variables....

Are you honestly offended by a post from a stranger on a messageboard not even directed at you? I find that fascinating.

Yes I am offended!!!! This type of response is typical of what happens on this forum time after time. Why is it that no one comes back and attacks a poster who has said nothing but wonderful things about the cruise??? Should we say oh that is just terrible that you had such a good time you must be a Higher class person with very high income to be able tohave such a wonderfull cruise.

What difference does it make if the thread is started by you or not. When people attack others on these forums it is everyone concern to put a stop to it.

Let people have their say concerning their cruise. We were not on their cruise and if we were, we do not know what their expectations were.

Yes I am offended!!!! This type of response is typical of what happens on this forum time after time. Why is it that no one comes back and attacks a poster who has said nothing but wonderful things about the cruise??? Should we say oh that is just terrible that you had such a good time you must be a Higher class person with very high income to be able tohave such a wonderfull cruise.

What difference does it make if the thread is started by you or not. When people attack others on these forums it is everyone concern to put a stop to it.

Let people have their say concerning their cruise. We were not on their cruise and if we were, we do not know what their expectations were.

Hey, you're still here. happywave.gif

Utah, there are certain hot-button issues on any internet forum that always create a flame war. If you drop certain phrases, you are bound to get a heated response. Is it any surprise that a poster who stated on a Carnival message board that Carnival passengers were "less" than she expected is going to be flamed? Try dropping that phrase in any other forum and the result is likely to be the same.

This forum has a lot to offer. Simply ignore the crap you don't like. Don't let it get to you.

Archived