Robe at Retreat?

kent4489

First, let me say, I would NEVER wear a robe to the Lido (as I read on another thread), but I was wondering if it is ok to do so at the Retreat? We're sailing on the Eurodam in a VT cabin, same deck as the Retreat. We have a family cabana booked for the entire week and I plan on having breakfast/coffee out there... woud it be acceptable or not in my robe?

Thanks!

Personally, I don't see any problem with you wandering from your room on Deck 11 to The Retreat in a robe. It wouldn't bother me in the least. I think it would be frowned on if you went into the Explorations Cafe area in the robe, though. Will you be wearing a bathing suit or shorts w/ top under the robe? When you decide to "disrobe," you'll want to have something more conventional on than boxers or a teddie. ;)

Others have very strick views about where robes should not be seen and those include any venue outside the stateroom. I'm a bit more laid back. Especially given your room is just a few steps from The Retreat, I say wear 'em if you've got 'em....but be "appropriately" attired under it. :)

Thanks for your reply. No, I would not go to the Explorations Cafe, only out to the Retreat for early mornng coffee and breakfast. I hadn't planned to disrobe, so not sure what I would have under... I guess "jammies".

It would be fine with me if you had jammies on. The only concern I would have is if you were commando under the robe, which could possbly cause a riot if a wardrobe malfunction occurred. :D

Enjoy your breakfast at The Retreat in your robe and jammies. I've seen much less desirable attire on people eating lunch in the Lido, e.g., very over weights in bikinis with sheer "cover ups" that didn't do the job. :eek:

Do you normally go out in public in your "jammies" and robe? That's what you would be doing if you were to go to the Retreat (un)dressed that way.

Oh, OK, I guess I was asking if it is a private enough area to do this. I wouldn't want to offend anyone. Robes are provided as part of the Retreat package... why are they provided and where do we wear those? To wear over swimsuits (which I could do instead of "jammies")? To take and wear only in our cabin? Maybe I am missing the point?

I asked this question before and was told that you wear a 'cover-up' (whatever that is) either over the robe or instead of the robe (couldn't tell which they intended). Apparently, a robe isn't 'cover-up' enough.

Q: When is a robe not a robe?:confused:

A: When it's a cover-up!:)

The retreat area includes cabanas on three sides and a central community area available to all who've rented a retreat cabana. Passengers going to and from the Crows Nest can see into the retreat area. Others using the retreat area will see you if you are in the community area or if the cabana door/curtains are not closed.

Afternoon Kent, hope all is well! This (below) is a pic of one of the Retreat "cabanas" on Eurodam's Observation Deck in an unused condition. Sorta, kinda like "Doesn't this look nice?" Evn got some fruit in there! But, please allow me to direct your attention to the left of the "cabana". There, my friend, perefectly alligned on wooden hangers with their "belts" fastened, are two.................wait for it...................HAL robes in all their glory;).

Again, I'm not one of the sharpest pencils in the box but if they, HAL, go through the effort to actually hang not one, but two, robes in one of them cabanas, it sure would indicate to moi that it's perfectly fine to wear those bad boys in/about said location. You might not be making a perfect fashion statement to the clothing pohlease but hey, what's a mother to do:eek:. Hope you enjoy your cruise on Eurodam; she's a fine ship! Don't forget her Tamarind and Canalleto:)

IMG_8699-1.jpg?t=1264709385

Again, I'm not one of the sharpest pencils in the box but if they, HAL, go through the effort to actually hang not one, but two, robes in one of them cabanas, it sure would indicate to moi that it's perfectly fine to wear those bad boys in/about said location.
So John, what is one wearing to/from the cabanas? Not bathrobes, because they are there at the cabanas.

So John, what is one wearing to/from the cabanas? Not bathrobes, because they are there at the cabanas.

Well Mary Ellen;), do you know have any independent knowledge that them "cabana robes" are supposed to stay at/in the cabanas? I sure don't.

I suppose it's always possible that, following "protocol", you are to exit your cabin, "appropriately dressed" in beach attire with or without a cover up, walk to Obs deck, enter your cabana and then put on those bad boy robes and reverse that process upon returning to your cabin. Of course, you could put on your robes assigned to your cabin, make that same trek, and upon arrival, swap your cabin robes for your cabana robes, then reverse that process when you're done:cool:

Afternoon Kent, hope all is well! This (below) is a pic of one of the Retreat "cabanas" on Eurodam's Observation Deck in an unused condition. Sorta, kinda like "Doesn't this look nice?" Evn got some fruit in there! But, please allow me to direct your attention to the left of the "cabana". There, my friend, perefectly alligned on wooden hangers with their "belts" fastened, are two.................wait for it...................HAL robes in all their glory;).

Again, I'm not one of the sharpest pencils in the box but if they, HAL, go through the effort to actually hang not one, but two, robes in one of them cabanas, it sure would indicate to moi that it's perfectly fine to wear those bad boys in/about said location. You might not be making a perfect fashion statement to the clothing pohlease but hey, what's a mother to do:eek:. Hope you enjoy your cruise on Eurodam; she's a fine ship! Don't forget her Tamarind and Canalleto:)

IMG_8699-1.jpg?t=1264709385

This is good work. Robes from the suite to the cabanas. Those of you that think this is improper should give your heads a shake. I think you and I think alike and should be the guardians of the voice for reason.

My vote, WEAR your robes that what it was meant for.

Well Mary Ellen;), do you know have any independent knowledge that them "cabana robes" are supposed to stay at/in the cabanas? I sure don't.

I suppose it's always possible that, following "protocol", you are to exit your cabin, "appropriately dressed" in beach attire with or without a cover up, walk to Obs deck, enter your cabana and then put on those bad boy robes and reverse that process upon returning to your cabin. Of course, you could put on your robes assigned to your cabin, make that same trek, and upon arrival, swap your cabin robes for your cabana robes, then reverse that process when you're done:cool:

good comments you bad boy.

John - why would there be robes in the cabanas if one was supposed to wear the bathrobe from the cabin to the cabana? All cabins have them. Logic.

Sure looks to me HAL is suggesting it's OK to wear them in and around the cabana otherwise they wouldn't be hanging there looking good. Are there groundrules that state you have to leave them in there, say you've rented that cabana for the duration of your cruise? Dunno! Perhaps that question should be asked and answered by someone who has actually used on of them cabanas. There is no doubt HAL provides them for cabana use

Why would this be any different then many people who wear jammies and robes in the Neptune Lounge to get a cup of coffee? People do that all the time and it seems to be perfectly acceptable.

Maggie, here's a road advisory for ya!:cool:

canofworm.jpg

If I were Kent4489 I would not worry about the "clothing pohlease" per Copper 10-8. When we were on the Zuiderdam I was told by the ladies working in the Thermal Suite to wear my robe from the cabin to the spa so that I would not have to worry about a locker and changing. I did what I was advised, but having read the HAL boards, I did walk as fast as I could and avoided the elevators. Having only been on one HAL cruise I would now be more relaxed. I think you should be fine going from your room to the Retreat. 99.9% of the passengers you encounter will not notice or care that you are in your robes. JMO Cherie

I don't see what the big deal is. I've seen people wearing robes in the Lido getting lunch and think they look completely ridiculous, but the original poster has a VT cabin. The diagram below shows the doors that have direct access to the Retreat area from the VT hallways. No one in the Crow's Nest or Explorations Cafe will see them going to the Retreat area. Once again, I think the robes look tacky anywhere else, but by all means enjoy your coffee in your cabana. We rented Mykonos for the week last October and loved it! Enjoy your cruise!!

original.jpg

Oy, I'm the original poster and I almost didn't come back here! Thanks to those who understand what I was asking. I thought those robes were for USING, not just wall decor! If I was coming from another deck, I wouldn't have even asked, but as the above diagram shows, it is just a few steps from my cabin to my cabana. We are early risers and I just wanted to make sure it would not be offensive to step out to the Retreat to "wake up" with a coffee and have breakfast from the Retreat food island. It does appear to be a fairly private area. We really spent a lot of time choosing our cabin, based on our ability to confirm the Retreat cabana for the week. Again, thanks to those who see where I'm coming from. Just for the record, I am not a "tacky" person. I promise, you won't see me at the Lido in my robe! ...Sheesh! I think I will be a lurker...

Archived