Can you walk the beach the whole way from Hilton to Outrigger

mgasaway

Does anyone know if you can walk along the beach the whole distance from the Hilton Hawaiian Village to the Outrigger without having to cut through one of the hotels or go up to the street? By looking at a map it looks like you can, but I've learned never to trust a guide map 100%. We're planning on taking an outrigger canoe ride and a beach walk would be a prefered way to get there.

Thanks!

You can, although when you reach the Sheraton Waikiki it has a very narrow beach area and if memory serves me, you may have to use the walkway there to reach the other side to continue down the beach where it opens up again. When I have stayed there I don't recall any of the staff at the Sheraton impeding the flow of foot traffic. You won't lose sight of the beach area as you don't actually enter the hotel.

I agree....you can walk the beach to the Outrigger Reef, but if you are going all the way down to the Outrigger Waikiki, you will have to use the walkways in front of the Halekulani and the Sheraton Waikiki. During high tides, the beaches in front of these properties are underwater, so the elevated walkways make it possible to keep walking along the oceanfront.

Archived