spamming

schmidlapp

I just got 12 e-mails in my spam folder from Azamara, all identical, sent within one or 2 minutes of each other..

Wonder if this is part of the new Club le Voyage?? or whatever they call it.

They could have named it

Azamara Loyalty Club (ALC) or something more basic and down to earth...

Larrry are you reading this??

Hi Everyone !

I recieved a bunch of emails from Azamara this morning.... 16 of them to be exact. I wouldnt call it spam, probably more of a human or computer glitch. I've made Azamara aware of it.

As for the brochures, yes I am searching. I feel like I am on a search for hidden treasure :). Last week, I was told they are not in stock yet. I will ask again today, and see what I can find out. Stay Tuned !

We just got an apology e:mail so at least they're aware of it.

Hi Cruise Junky !

They are definitely aware of it. I emailed Azamara shortly after I recieved 16 emails. They responded immediately, and it's nice to see they were concerned about the glitch.

I received the following message at 12:38 pm Saturday 1/30/10. Apparently, the numerous emails were the fault of their "external resource." :rolleyes: Perhaps saving money by outsourcing isn't the best strategy?

More annoying, however, is the fake attempt at personalization. Note the contrast between the wording, "I wanted [emphasis added]..." and the signature "Azamara Club Cruises" -- who is "I"? They didn't sign it with a person's name or even a title. :mad:

And then at the bottom of the message, the following, which was also attached to the 12 copies of their original message. Seems like a complete lack of quality control by whatever department is responsible.

We hope you enjoyed this email from Azamara Club Cruises • 1050 Caribbean Way • Miami, FL 33132

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com

Dear <first name>,

On behalf of Azamara Club Cruises, I wanted to take a moment to extend our apologies for the numerous e-mails you received from us yesterday. Working with our external resource, we have identified the source of the problem and have resolved it, to prevent this from happening again. That said, we know the repeated series of e-mails were disruptive, and for that, please accept our sincere apologies.

We thank you for your understanding and continued interest in Azamara Club Cruises.

Thank you,

Azamara Club Cruises

Archived