Cigarettes...

Cru1s1ng2009

I KNOW this is a dumb question but my mom wants more than just my reassurances because she still doesnt trust me:rolleyes:.

We are going on our first Carnival cruise and she wants to know if they sell smokes on board by the carton. I said, Mom, of course they do. It is a big money maker for them. But no, that isnt good enough. She needs confirmation from strangers on the internet to prove they sell them;)

So can someone help me out here?

Just returned from Sensation on 1/21, Yes they sell them on board. You can take them with you to your cabin.

Marlboros and other brands were $25.00 a carton or $49.99 for 2 cartons.

Pall Mall (filtered kings) were $31.00 for 2 cartons.

They did not have all brands, but probably had a choice of 12 different brands.

Kurt

We just returned from a cruise in the Eastern Caribbean. Major brands were $14.00 at the duty free shop on the water ferry pier in town in Phillipsburg, St. Maarten. On our wester caribbean this past September, they were $18.00 at the port in Progresso. Also, they are not as cheap by the pack on the ships as they are if you buy a carton.

Okay guys thanks so much! She now knows that she can smoke till her heart's content on board.

Thanks for such a quick repsonse. I am almost off of work and didnt want to have to check the boards at home. i dont even want to look at a computer for a week.

Just returned from Sensation on 1/21, Yes they sell them on board. You can take them with you to your cabin.

Marlboros and other brands were $25.00 a carton or $49.99 for 2 cartons.

Pall Mall (filtered kings) were $31.00 for 2 cartons.

They did not have all brands, but probably had a choice of 12 different brands.

Kurt

Do they have an packs (not cartons) of Djarum Black or any other types of cloves?

I KNOW this is a dumb question but my mom wants more than just my reassurances because she still doesnt trust me:rolleyes:.

We are going on our first Carnival cruise and she wants to know if they sell smokes on board by the carton. I said, Mom, of course they do. It is a big money maker for them. But no, that isnt good enough. She needs confirmation from strangers on the internet to prove they sell them;)

So can someone help me out here?

I am not sure if prices are consistant from ship to ship but..

I got off the Triumph on Thursday morning.

Prices were

27.00 each

2 for 49.00 (24.50/carton)

5 for 108.00 (21.60/carton)

241price.jpg.8733a0c3856ac5d8e91ceb49e6241bf8.jpg

Good prices but unless you smoke 4 cartons in a week or share them... I don't think you can bring that many off the ship, can you?

Yes....Up to 5 cartons. Four of which have to be purchased in the USVI.....

Okay guys thanks so much! She now knows that she can smoke till her heart's content on board.

Thanks for such a quick repsonse. I am almost off of work and didnt want to have to check the boards at home. i dont even want to look at a computer for a week.

Just be sure she has enough to get her on the ship and out to sea!! Duty Free doesn't open, till we're at sea... and closes each night before ports, staying closed while we're docked at the ports...

Be aware that there is a limit of 200 cigarettes that can be brought through customs. You cannot pay duty on the overage, they are destroyed. I does not matter where you purchase them. It is a one carton limit. No exceptions. Whether or not that happens I have no idea, but that is what the rules say.

Be aware that there is a limit of 200 cigarettes that can be brought through customs. You cannot pay duty on the overage, they are destroyed. I does not matter where you purchase them. It is a one carton limit. No exceptions. Whether or not that happens I have no idea, but that is what the rules say.

Please read this.....5 cartons as long as 4 are purchased in USVI.....This is the exception.....

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Duty_Free_Allowance.aspx

I am not sure if prices are consistant from ship to ship but..

I got off the Triumph on Thursday morning.

Prices were

27.00 each

2 for 49.00 (24.50/carton)

5 for 108.00 (21.60/carton)

It does vary by ship and homeport - they are much cheaper on Florida sailings I know. From Baltimore or Norfolk prices are much higher - more like $159.95 for the 5 carton deal when sailing from Baltmore.

Please read this.....5 cartons as long as 4 are purchased in USVI.....This is the exception.....

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Duty_Free_Allowance.aspx

Bummer, we're going west.

I'm not the OP but I'd like to thank everybody for not going apes__t on how bad smoking is. We're all adults and know the risks of what we do. Personally, I'm allowing myself from the day I get off of the ship and my 35th birthday ( early November) to quit, but, that's a personal goal I have not something I'm pushing on others.

Archived