Future Cruise Certificates program expands

scperk

I found out yesterday that the Future Cruise Certificate program is gonig to open on several other ships. The desk is opening on the Miracle and the Spirit in Feb. '10 and the Dream and the Glory will be opening soon.. I've bought 6 and still have 3 of those left and have had no problems using mine and getting my OBC posted...Dennis

I found out yesterday that the Future Cruise Certificate program is gonig to open on several other ships. The desk is opening on the Miracle and the Spirit in Feb. '10 and the Dream and the Glory will be opening soon.. I've bought 6 and still have 3 of those left and have had no problems using mine and getting my OBC posted...Dennis

We're going on Miracle 2/24/2010. I called my PVP yesterday and booked Carnival Miracle for 2011 on the new itinerary.

If I buy a FCC on Miracle in 2010 will I be able to submit it to the one I just booked?

I booked it now because I had checked recent Capers for Miracle and saw Future Cruise Certificates were not offered.

We're going on Miracle 2/24/2010. I called my PVP yesterday and booked Carnival Miracle for 2011 on the new itinerary.

If I buy a FCC on Miracle in 2010 will I be able to submit it to the one I just booked?

I booked it now because I had checked recent Capers for Miracle and saw Future Cruise Certificates were not offered.

Yes I think you can..I always wait till I book and then send it in with our booking number registed mail..My contact says they will be setting up a desk starting on the Feb. 8th cruise..Tell Vivien I sent you...LOL.....:)..Dennis

Yes I think you can..I always wait till I book and then send it in with our booking number registed mail..My contact says they will be setting up a desk starting on the Feb. 8th cruise..Tell Vivien I sent you...LOL.....:)..Dennis

Thanks, Dennis.

I love the future cruise certificates...we haven't sailed on a ship that has them for some time..so really am pleased to see they are opening the program to the Miracle and Spirit...we are on the Spirit in 7 days and I sure hope they will be available then...any insight from your contact if they will be?:D

I love the future cruise certificates...we haven't sailed on a ship that has them for some time..so really am pleased to see they are opening the program to the Miracle and Spirit...we are on the Spirit in 7 days and I sure hope they will be available then...any insight from your contact if they will be?:D

I was told the desk opens on the Miracle on Feb. 8, may be the same for the Spirit..Dream and Glory still in planning, I'm waiting for her to get a response from corporate for them...:).....Dennis

i really hope this means that the glory will be set up by my cruise in april, as i have a cruise that i already have planned out for next year and is already counting down in the sig (yes, i plan ahead, even before i book). please keep us updated on when you hear word on the glory and dream dennis!!

How exactly does this work?

The way Princess does it is you pay $100 for a future cruise credit....then have 4 years to book a cruise. When you do, you get $100 credit toward your deposit and an additional $100 in OBC. You also get a reduced deposit. I'm sure that since Carnival owns Princess it's the same.

that is awesome!! i will have to get some for our cruise next year on the miracle, also we have friends going this time and they are thinking of booking for next feb. hopefully this will be an incentive :D

I think it is a great program, but I had trouble using one. I bought the future cruise certificate and even inquired if I could use it if I received a military discount (I was told "yes"). I booked our next cruise using a military discount. When I sent the certificate in, they denied it. However, they did refund my money for the certificate.

We sail the Dream in 3 weeks, is there a chance she will be set up by them for the FCC?

We will be getting on as you are getting off...she is going to check on monday about when the Glory and Dream will get a FCC desk....Dennis

I hope this timeline is true! We'll be on the Spirit in April. I've been hoping they would expand!

Now I need to look into the details. Haven't paid attention since I haven't been on a ship selling them. I know it's not exactly the same as Princess though.

I think it is a great program, but I had trouble using one. I bought the future cruise certificate and even inquired if I could use it if I received a military discount (I was told "yes"). I booked our next cruise using a military discount. When I sent the certificate in, they denied it. However, they did refund my money for the certificate.

Yes we were told that you could not use them with a military discount...We use ours along with our shareholders OBC and have plenty to use on our sign & sail......If you use one on a longer cruise you get more OBC, we used one for our Elation cruise thru the Panama Canal and got $200 for it and $250 for shareholders ...:)...Dennis

i would hope that since glory is going into drydock tomorrow (i think) hopefully she will get it then

I was also told that the future cruise desk is taking over selling the Seamiles and it has been changed to Carnival Fun Points ...Dennis

The way Princess does it is you pay $100 for a future cruise credit....then have 4 years to book a cruise. When you do, you get $100 credit toward your deposit and an additional $100 in OBC. You also get a reduced deposit. I'm sure that since Carnival owns Princess it's the same.

Is that OBC for the future cruise, or the one you're on when you buy the certificate?

Is that OBC for the future cruise, or the one you're on when you buy the certificate?

For Princess it is OBC for the future cruise, not the one you are one. Also, each $100 FCC becomes the deposit for your next cruise for one person. You can then either pay $100 for the deposit for the 2nd person, or use a 2nd FCC. Since the FCC OBC applies to both people in the cabin you are better off just using one FCC and paying $100 extra for the 2nd person's deposit.

Does Carnival vary the OBC based on category of the cabin? More OBC for balcony vs inside cabin or is it just by length of cruise no matter the cabin category?

It's just the length of the cruise....$50 for 3-5 day cruises,$75 for 6 days, $100 for 7/11 days and $200 for over 12 days.......Dennis

Archived