Future Cruise Certificates program expands

scperk

Since you don't redeem them online but just mail them in, I wonder if they would go through the trouble to send them back to you and say it can't be applied if it was for a cruise you had booked before purchasing them?

Guess I'll find out. I'm buying them on the Spirit in April and I have 4 cruises already booked I'll be sending them in for!

I have used a FCC on a cruise that I booked before I bought the FCC.

Beth

I wonder if Carnival will deny the use of the FCC for cruises booked prior to the purchase of the FCC based on this clause:

Certificates should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking

I too would like to know if you can use them on future cruises that are already booked, but the final payment has not been made yet?

Anyone have that answer?

I'm more than willing to be a guinea pig. After reading this thread, I contacted my TA to see if I could use one of the FCCs that I just purchased on 1/19/10 on our Elation Panama Canal cruise for which I had already made final payment. The person she talked to said it could be done and they would just credit back the $100.00 that they had charged my credit card. I'm sending the FCC to my TA today so she can submit it. If this thread stays live, I'll let you all know when the credit appears.

As long as they dont seem to have any computerized tracking system for these FCCs so they know when you bought them etc, I dont see how they could deny you.

I expect at some point in the future they will crack down. Right now they are still figuring things out themselves. The mail in system of the original stinks. (they said so they know its not a counterfeit lol). (thats what computers are for!!!)

As long as they dont seem to have any computerized tracking system for these FCCs so they know when you bought them etc, I dont see how they could deny you.

Well, they must be able to track them somehow. Is the form you get that you mail in dated at all? It has a 5 year life, so somewhere it must be recorded when it was purchased, else they wouldn't know when 5 years is up.

All I know is that I will be very happy if I can buy them on the Spirit in April and use them on the cruises I have booked. That will be $450 free money!! :)

Well, they must be able to track them somehow. Is the form you get that you mail in dated at all? It has a 5 year life, so somewhere it must be recorded when it was purchased, else they wouldn't know when 5 years is up.

All I know is that I will be very happy if I can buy them on the Spirit in April and use them on the cruises I have booked. That will be $450 free money!! :)

There is an expiration date which is 5 years after you purchased them.

I just booked our 2011 cruise and plan to purchase 1 or 2 on our upcoming cruise. Sure hope they let me use one. I just re-read the copy of the one I bought on Valor and used for our upcoming cruise and can find no where that it says it has to be a Future Cruise that you have not already booked. I had a copy of the front and back of the FCC.

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased a FCC on the Legend and mailed it in on Thursday for a cruise in Sept that had been booked since January. When I purchased it, I asked the lady if they could be used on cruises already booked and she said she is supposed to tell me no, but that some people do it and it works out for them. She said it basiclly depends on whos hands it falls into at Carnival. I will let you know how it works out.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Dream that sailed on 2-20-10. They were suppose to have the desk open on the ship starting on 2-06, but no FCC desk was to be found and no one onboard knew anything about it. They just told me to call Carnival when we go back. Still dealing with Carnival on getting the certs since they posted that they would be available and of course the weren't.

YES, I am just off the Dream and there is NO Future cruise desk on that ship yet...I don't know it is not open yet but Carnival is cutting back on staff and crewmembers...I'll email my friend and ask what is going on.....:(......Dennis

• 1 month later...

I just got off the Dream on 4-10 and they didnt have a FCC desk there yet!! Todd the cruise director told me to call Carnival once I got home and they would sell the certificate to me and I could get the onboard credit if I booked right away for my next cruise since they were supposed to have a desk set up already. Yeh Right! Called my rep yesterday and she said cant do it, she checked with her supvr. and still they refused to sell me any. Called the number that you have posted today and still cant buy one, All they are saying is "I'm sorry that Todd gave me wrong information". I wasnt the only one he said that to on our cruise. So much for customer service!

What is the Miracle's new itinerary for 2011? Is it out of New York, or Florida? I can't seem to find the itinerary for the Miracle out of New York for 2011.

The Carnival web site is still only showing the first three months of 2011 as being out of Florida. Nothing after that.:confused:

I just booked the Inspiration for December and my PVP told me that it would have an FCC desk by then. It's going into drydock in October. She told me it might be getting balconies too, but she wasn't sure. We have our fingers crossed!!

Our group was told that everyone would get them (and I did, wo I know that they will issue them) and they are still dealing with Carnival. Here is the address for the CEO and I would just write him:

Gerry Cahill, CEO

Carnival Cruise Lines

3655 NW 87th Ave

Miami, Fl 33178

I bet doing that you will get some ones attention!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Rich and/or Dennis,

Have you heard anything yet about being able to purchase FCC's? I keep getting a solid "NO" when I call Carnival(called at least 5 times since we've been home) and tell them about not being able to purchase them on the Dream.

Yes we were told that you could not use them with a military discount...We use ours along with our shareholders OBC and have plenty to use on our sign & sail......If you use one on a longer cruise you get more OBC, we used one for our Elation cruise thru the Panama Canal and got $200 for it and $250 for shareholders ...:)...Dennis

Since you will be on the Elation...

We will be docking together on May 12th in Grand Cayman. (Fantasy)

We are going to try to hook up with Michael (piano bar) and Pat (solo promenade) for lunch!! I have not seen them in years...it will be great to catch up.....

Rich and/or Dennis,

Have you heard anything yet about being able to purchase FCC's? I keep getting a solid "NO" when I call Carnival(called at least 5 times since we've been home) and tell them about not being able to purchase them on the Dream.

Suzie, After going round and round, I finally got the certs I was told I would get, but the rest of the gang has yet to get them. I know that a few of them wrote a letter to the CEO of carnival last week, but has yet to hear back from them. I would write him a letter informing him that you were told by the cruise director that all you had to do would be to contact carnival and now they are not honoring his instructions.

We will be on the Escasty this weekend and I will be looking for the FFC desk!

YES, I am just off the Dream and there is NO Future cruise desk on that ship yet...I don't know it is not open yet but Carnival is cutting back on staff and crewmembers...I'll email my friend and ask what is going on.....:(......Dennis

Hey Dennis!

We've got to sync up our cruising dates!

Did you have the band Music Blitz on Valor, if so how were they?

I don't know why we failed to buy FCC's before. Also, How does shareholder credit work?

Hope to sail again with ya'll soon!

Mike

To get the shareholder OBC you have to send, fax (305-406-6477) or e-mail (guestadmin@carnival.com) a current statement showing your Carnival stock to Carnival. I always ask for a confirmation but have never received one when I faxed it in The last time I used e-mail and got a confirmation right away. You can call 800-438-6744 ext. 70041 and ask if they received it. It varies from $50 for a 3 day cruise to $250 for a 14 day or longer cruise. It is $100 for a 7 - 13 day cruise. This can be combined with any other OBC or booking code. Just remember to white out or somehow remove your personal information. It's a great, tax free, benefit and can be used every time you cruise.

Since you will be on the Elation...

We will be docking together on May 12th in Grand Cayman. (Fantasy)

We are going to try to hook up with Michael (piano bar) and Pat (solo promenade) for lunch!! I have not seen them in years...it will be great to catch up.....

Hey LHP (is it Linda?),

We will be with Carolyn & Dennis on this sailing. In fact, they left home yesterday and are due to fly into San Diego today, I believe. Anyway, my point is that I read where you plan on having lunch with Pat on the day you are in Grand Cayman. Ironically, we were doing Hawaii on the Spirit when Carnival announced they were repositioning the Elation through the Canal. Pat, who had become a friend reported that he had been asked to do this cruise also. We are so glad he decided in the affirmative and are looking forward to every evening of listening to him in the Atrium. Maybe, we will get a chance to meet you as well when we are in Grand Cayman.

Sorry about hi-jacking this thread, everyone.

Archived