Future Cruise Certificates program expands

scperk

On Carnival you can only use one certificate per cabin.

I had two. We were able to put myself and DD in one cabin and DW and other DD in other cabin. The certificate has to be in the name of an adult in the cabin.

So, presumably once on board it won't a difficult to switch cabins at the purser's desk? (If need be you could certainly switch cabins without telling the purser's desk to of course)

I have a vague plan to take a cruise with some of my 3 children, who range in age from 15 to 21. The problem is, at those ages they have their own plans, school schedules, and work schedules so I don't know who will be able to to go when. (They'll never all be free at the same time)

So, I'm thinking maybe my wife and I could each get a FCC, and each have one of the cabins booked in our name, then switch us to the same cabin once on board. Would that work?

Alternately, it sounds like if we have figured out what future cruise we want to be on and who is going by the time we take our next cruise, we could book our cabin while on board and then get a certificate that we could use for the kids' cabins. That would be optimal since it would be 100% legit, but I just don't know if we'll have it figured out by then. College aged kids never know what they'll be doing 6 to 12 months away.

Is there a list of ships that offer this program?

Its been posted quite a few times, but Ill try and remember ... but I always forget one of the five ships.

Valor, Splendor, Freedom, Conquest and .. (one more Conquest class).

Plus verbal rumors that spirit and miracle will get desks as well as Dream and Magic.

Hi - along with everyone else I had several question about the future cruise certificates. My friend cruising with me in May emailed our PVP and here is the response she got back. This email answer most of the questions on here as well as dates for this department opening up on new ships.

Well the copy and paste trick didn't work to well. Give me a minute and let me see if I can convert this

Steph

Stephanie - Thank you. I took the liberty of editing your post to make a more readable list.

The Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program will allow guests traveling on a Carnival ship the opportunity to book their future Carnival vacation on board. The program is currently on the following ships:

• Carnival Splendor
  • Carnival Liberty
  • Carnival Valor
  • Carnival Freedom
  • Carnival Conquest

We will launch the program on the following ships as scheduled:

• Carnival Dream: 2/06/10
  • Carnival Spirit: 2/07/10
  • Carnival Pride: 2/07/10
  • Carnival Legend: 2/07/10
  • Carnival Miracle: 2/08/10
  • Carnival Glory: 2/21/10
  • Carnival Triumph: 3/01/10
  • Carnival Ecstasy: 3/06/10
  • Carnival Elation: 3/06/10
  • Carnival Fascination: 3/06/10
  • Carnival Inspiration: 3/08/10
  • Carnival Destiny: 3/08/10
  • Carnival Fantasy: 3/08/10
  • Carnival Victory: tba
  • Carnival Imagination: tba
  • Carnival Paradise: tba
  • Carnival Sensation: tba

Okay hopefully this will work a little better!

-----Original Message-----

From: Legorburo, Carmen (CCL) <CLegorburo@carnivalpvp.com>

To: xxxxx

Sent: Tue, Feb 2, 2010 9:39 am

Subject: RE: cruise

Hello Tarra,

See below for the details on this program. As you can see it is not yet available on all ships, but based on the schedule below it should be available on the Inspiration when you go in May.

Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program

The Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program will allow guests traveling on a Carnival ship the opportunity to book their future Carnival vacation on board. The program is currently on the following ships:

• Carnival Splendor
  • Carnival Liberty
  • Carnival Valor
  • Carnival Freedom
  • Carnival Conquest

We will launch the program on the following ships as scheduled:

• Carnival Dream: 2/06/10
  • Carnival Spirit: 2/07/10
  • Carnival Pride: 2/07/10
  • Carnival Legend: 2/07/10
  • Carnival Miracle: 2/08/10
  • Carnival Glory: 2/21/10
  • Carnival Triumph: 3/01/10
  • Carnival Ecstasy: 3/06/10
  • Carnival Elation: 3/06/10
  • Carnival Fascination: 3/06/10
  • Carnival Inspiration: 3/08/10
  • Carnival Destiny: 3/08/10
  • Carnival Fantasy: 3/08/10
  • Carnival Victory: tba
  • Carnival Imagination: tba
  • Carnival Paradise: tba
  • Carnival Sensation: tba

1st Promotion/Offer

• Guests who book will receive an on board credit up to $200.00* per stateroom.
  • The guest will also receive two vouchers they can give to Family and Friends to take advantage of the same on board credit given to the host booking.

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise
  • $75.00 per stateroom on a 6-day cruise
  • $100.00 per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise
  • $200.00 per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises
    Single occupancy receive half of the on board credit.

Terms and Condition for the Voucher

• The voucher will include an issuance date which will be the return date of the current cruise the host traveled on.
  • The recipient will have 60 days to book on the same future ship and sail date as the host in order to receive the on board credit.
  • The guest must complete the original voucher and it should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking, in accordance to the option date on the sailing. Document the BCU line as follows: “deposit or balance (enter amount) to be paid w/ (enter type of certificate being redeemed).”
  • Carnival Cruise Line
    3655 NW 87th Ave
    Miami, Florida 33178
    Attn: Special Programs & Promotions MSRZ-356S
  • Photo copies will not be accepted.
  • The voucher is not combinable with Friends & Family rates, Military rates, Interline rates, Travel Agent rates, Welcome Home offer or restricted fares.
  • The voucher is combinable with the Early Saver rate as long as the Early Saver is not protected at the Military rate.

2nd Promotion/Offer

We will offer a 2nd promotion to guests that are not ready to commit on a particular ship or sail date. The guest can deposit $100.00 for their future cruise and receive a certificate for an on board credit worth up to $200.00* per stateroom.

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise
  • $75.00 per stateroom on a 6-day cruise
  • $100.00 per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise
  • $200.00 per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises
    Single occupancy receive half of the on board credit.

Terms and Condition for the Certificate

• Applicable to group bookings
  • Deposit is refundable, however non-transferable.
  • Only one certificate will be applicable per stateroom.
  • Certificate will be valid for 60 months.
  • The voucher is not combinable with Friends & Family rates, Military rates, Interline rates, Travel Agent rates, Welcome Home offer or restricted fares.
  • The voucher is combinable with the Early Saver rate as long as the Early Saver is not protected at the Military rate.

Booking Procedures

• Guest will be instructed to contact their travel agent or Carnival directly; CVS and PVP are permitted to book the direct guests; the Promo Desk will make reservations for guests booked with travel agents.
  • Guests can book the best available fare including Senior rates, Resident rates and Past Guest promotions.
  • The following promotions will be excluded: Friends & Family rates, Military rates, Interline rates, Travel Agent rates, Welcome Home offer or restricted fares.
  • Applicable on all ships and sailings.
  • Document in IRBCU, that the guest is using a Future Carnival Vacation certificate and include the number.
  • Certificates should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking, in accordance to the option date on the sailing. Document the BCU line as follows: “deposit or balance (enter amount) to be paid w/ (enter type of certificate being redeemed).”
  • Carnival Cruise Line
    3655 NW 87th Ave
    Miami, Florida 33178
    Attn: Special Programs & Promotions MSRZ-356S

Carmen Legorburo

1-800-819-3902 ext 82325

Personal Vacation Planner

Carnival Cruise Lines

Please share my name with friends and family so they too can receive excellent service in planning their memorable vacation.

* Rates are quoted in U.S. dollars, cruise only, per person, based on double occupancy. Prices are subject to change without notice. Offer is capacity controlled, subject to availability, and not combinable with any other discount or promotional offers. Some restrictions (including stateroom availability) apply. Rates vary by sail date. Ships' Registry: Panama and The Bahamas.

I have some ?'s on the fcc's. I will give you some of my info and would appreciate your opinions and or advice. We will be on the Splendor the 14th. Have already booked ES for the Spirit in Nov.with a balcony for 8 days. Thinking about possibly booking the Paradise for June with a suite for 4 days. How would FCC's benefit us? Would we purchase one for each of the 2 cruises I have described. How does it work for the ES on the Spirit? How much would this mean for extra $ in our pockets? Do they offer a better rate, when booking while on the Splendor? I know it seems like a lot of ?'s, I appreciate your help. Thanks, Shelly

I have some ?'s on the fcc's. I will give you some of my info and would appreciate your opinions and or advice. We will be on the Splendor the 14th. Have already booked ES for the Spirit in Nov.with a balcony for 8 days. Thinking about possibly booking the Paradise for June with a suite for 4 days. How would FCC's benefit us? Would we purchase one for each of the 2 cruises I have described. How does it work for the ES on the Spirit? How much would this mean for extra $ in our pockets? Do they offer a better rate, when booking while on the Splendor? I know it seems like a lot of ?'s, I appreciate your help. Thanks, Shelly

As stated above, the OBC is by number of days of the cruise, not by ship. so 5 days or less you would get a $50 OBC per cabin, 6 days $75, 7 days $100 OBC.

Its OBC, not a discount.

You are supposed to purchase these and apply them for cruises you have not yet booked, but some have had luck mailing them in for cruises booked before they bought the certificate. I was told no, so like a dummy I didnt even try, but others had success.

You might want to read thru the thread for clarification on some of this if its still confusing.

It doesnt matter which cabin, or which ship, it only matters how many days the cruise is how much OBC you get.

If you book onboard then you dont have to mail them in which is a pain.

You ONLY get onboard credit. You dont get any discount by booking onboard. Thats what I meant when I said its OBC not a discount.

There are some who post you get $100 off, but thats if you bought a certificate for $100, they will apply the $100 you paid to the final payment of your cruise if you mail it in later.

Onboard you only get onboard credit, which is still worth it to me!!!! I had welcome back credits, so so far I have not used FCCs on my shorter cruises, but I plan on it in the future. Even for $50 its worth mailing them in to me.

hey even $50 is $50??!! ... even better if its $100. Buy some stock and you can have $200 OBC on a 7 day before you leave the dock.

Its been posted quite a few times, but Ill try and remember ... but I always forget one of the five ships.

Valor, Splendor, Freedom, Conquest and .. (one more Conquest class).

Plus verbal rumors that spirit and miracle will get desks as well as Dream and Magic.

Also the Liberty....My friend who worked the desk on the Valor is opening the FCC desk on the Miracle on Feb 8th.....she told me that the desk was opening the same time on the Spirit and she is checking about the Dream and the Glory about when they will open...I sent her another e-mail today and she will prob see it and answer tonight.....Dennis

Thanks Fire, one other ?....do they give a better price when booking onboard than on the website?

When I was on the Valor last October they had just announced the new itiniery on the Miracle that went to Aruba & Curacoa. They had a great price with $100 OBC but I was not ready to book and I have not seen that good a price on any of the Miracle sailings..But I bought 4 FCC's and are using those now....Dennis

When I was on the Valor last October they had just announced the new itiniery on the Miracle that went to Aruba & Curacoa. They had a great price with $100 OBC but I was not ready to book and I have not seen that good a price on any of the Miracle sailings..But I bought 4 FCC's and are using those now....Dennis

My PVP sometimes has unadvertised prices too. I dont know why sometimes Carnival doesnt post all prices, but its true. I dont think the FCC desk would be the only place that had access to special pricing is all I meant.

I was on Conquest when the FCC desk first opened, and I think that guy needs some more courses, as he doesnt seem that hot to me. Misquoting some booking rules etc.

My PVP sometimes has unadvertised prices too. I dont know why sometimes Carnival doesnt post all prices, but its true. I dont think the FCC desk would be the only place that had access to special pricing is all I meant.

I was on Conquest when the FCC desk first opened, and I think that guy needs some more courses, as he doesnt seem that hot to me. Misquoting some booking rules etc.

I've never used a PVP and am not sure if I want to..I have a very good TA in Nashville...Although I would like to see some of those unadvertised specials..I understand you can book with a PVP and then have you booking transferred to your TA.....Dennis

I wonder if Carnival will deny the use of the FCC for cruises booked prior to the purchase of the FCC based on this clause:

Certificates should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking

The guy working the FCC desk on Conquest said they were only for cruises not booked yet, ones you book in the FUTURE (his emphasis, not mine). lol

That info is most excellent! And my PVP said she didn't have any information. Guess I need a new PVP... :rolleyes:

I sent the info posted above to my PVP since she didn't know about it. I think I ticked her off. ha ha..

Her reply was that it just became available on Monday. Well I emailed her and she replied to me on Monday afternoon saying she didn't have any info. Hmm...maybe if she got it later that day she could have sent it to me since I had just asked her about it?

Now I don't feel so bad about booking a cruise on the carnival website over the weekend and not waiting for her to come back to work on Monday. ;)

The guy working the FCC desk on Conquest said they were only for cruises not booked yet, ones you book in the FUTURE (his emphasis, not mine). lol

Since you don't redeem them online but just mail them in, I wonder if they would go through the trouble to send them back to you and say it can't be applied if it was for a cruise you had booked before purchasing them?

Guess I'll find out. I'm buying them on the Spirit in April and I have 4 cruises already booked I'll be sending them in for!

Since you don't redeem them online but just mail them in, I wonder if they would go through the trouble to send them back to you and say it can't be applied if it was for a cruise you had booked before purchasing them?

Guess I'll find out. I'm buying them on the Spirit in April and I have 4 cruises already booked I'll be sending them in for!

I too would like to know if you can use them on future cruises that are already booked, but the final payment has not been made yet?

Anyone have that answer?

I sent the info posted above to my PVP since she didn't know about it. I think I ticked her off. ha ha..

Her reply was that it just became available on Monday. ;)

My PVP said it wasnt sent to them just posted where they could read it as they had time. So, it wasnt a email they could just pass on, they would have had to go read it some time during the day. .. at least thats why mine said she didnt copy me on it.

Can someone tell me the OBC you get for a 4 day cruise (if any). I see lots of posts starting with 5 day being $50. Also 12 days. And I'm guessing 8 days is same as 7, $100?

Not sure about 4 day. 7 and 8 days is $100. 12 days is $200.

Archived