Future Cruise Certificates program expands

scperk

We will be getting on as you are getting off...she is going to check on monday about when the Glory and Dream will get a FCC desk....Dennis

We will try to leave a little fun behind for you, It may be hard... We have 65 Cabins in our Dream Catchers group...

All looking for Fun in the Sun, on the Dream

For Princess it is OBC for the future cruise, not the one you are one. Also, each $100 FCC becomes the deposit for your next cruise for one person. You can then either pay $100 for the deposit for the 2nd person, or use a 2nd FCC. Since the FCC OBC applies to both people in the cabin you are better off just using one FCC and paying $100 extra for the 2nd person's deposit.

On Carnival you can only use one certificate per cabin.

I had two. We were able to put myself and DD in one cabin and DW and other DD in other cabin. The certificate has to be in the name of an adult in the cabin. My two FCC's were in my name and when I went to book they said I could only use one.

With a little help from a nice lady named Gloria in the promotions dept. she was able to put one in my wifes name after she checked records and saw she was on the cruise when we bought the certificates.

Rick

For Princess it is OBC for the future cruise, not the one you are one. Also, each $100 FCC becomes the deposit for your next cruise for one person. You can then either pay $100 for the deposit for the 2nd person, or use a 2nd FCC. Since the FCC OBC applies to both people in the cabin you are better off just using one FCC and paying $100 extra for the 2nd person's deposit.

As of right now, Carnival's FCC's can't be used for the deposit, but will be taken off the rate (of one person in the cabin) and also an OBC credit will be given based on the length of the cruise (has nothing to do with stateroom category). You can also only use 1 FCC per cabin and must be issued in the name of one of the people in the cabin.

It's just the length of the cruise....$50 for 3-5 day cruises,$75 for 6 days, $100 for 7/11 days and $200 for over 12 days.......Dennis

That is a little better than Princess then for those that book inside cabins. For Princess 7-9 days is $50 for inside and $100 for outside. 10-15 days is $150 for inside and $200 for outside.

I REALLY hope they start this on the Spirit by April and that it can be applied to bookings I already have. I'll be getting at least four and maybe five of them.

The way Princess does it is you pay $100 for a future cruise credit....then have 4 years to book a cruise. When you do, you get $100 credit toward your deposit and an additional $100 in OBC. You also get a reduced deposit. I'm sure that since Carnival owns Princess it's the same.

It is actually slightly different on Carnival....$100 goes towards your bottom line, not the deposit (it reduces the balance left owing) plus you get $100 OBC when you book and send the certificate in to be applied. You also don't receive any reduction on your deposit, unless your booking is offering it at the time (which is quite rare).

It is actually slightly different on Carnival....$100 goes towards your bottom line, not the deposit (it reduces the balance left owing) plus you get $100 OBC when you book and send the certificate in to be applied. You also don't receive any reduction on your deposit, unless your booking is offering it at the time (which is quite rare).

Yes, you are correct $100 is deducted from the final payment and they give you $100 in On board credit.......Dennis

I love these things! We bought three on the Freedom in October (and we were specifically asked if we used military rates, since they aren't compatible) and have used two already. You should have no problem buying them and applying them to already booked cruises, since you need to send them in after you book anyway. We booked our two upcoming cruises a few months apart, and sent in both FCCs recently with no problems. The biggest pain is that you have to send them certified mail, so it means a trip to the post office, not just hanging the envelope on the mailbox. And they are good for 5 years, not 4 as stated earlier. We were also told if we didn't use them, they were fully refundable. Who really wouldn't use these things in 5 years? :eek:

Anyone with a TA use these? How did that work for you?

I book my cruises with a TA but my DW handles the future cruise certs..She would prob send them in if I ask but we do it ourself...I'll find out monday or tuesday when they will start selling them on the Dream and Glory......Dennis

Has anyone actually booked their next cruise while onboard as opposed to mailing ceritficate in? Are there anyone benefits to booking while onboard? I saw posted by someone on an earlier thread (bad memory though, don't remember who) that if you book onboard you get an additional FCC to use on a second cruise, and an FCC to give to a friend. Anyone else done this or know if it's correct? Thanks!

Has anyone actually booked their next cruise while onboard as opposed to mailing ceritficate in? Are there anyone benefits to booking while onboard? I saw posted by someone on an earlier thread (bad memory though, don't remember who) that if you book onboard you get an additional FCC to use on a second cruise, and an FCC to give to a friend. Anyone else done this or know if it's correct? Thanks!

Close but not quite. You get two friends and family for someone else to use for two more cabins. They have to use them for the same cruise you booked. You cant use the certs yourself for a different cruise.

Close but not quite. You get two friends and family for someone else to use for two more cabins. They have to use them for the same cruise you booked. You cant use the certs yourself for a different cruise.

Great thank you! So could our friends who have already booked same cruise that I am going to book use it then? It is only good for obc for friends and family correct?

Great thank you! So could our friends who have already booked same cruise that I am going to book use it then? It is only good for obc for friends and family correct?

I would tell them to send them in. Whats the worst they can say?? They dont cost you anything, and your friends just pay the postage. They should be good. I think they have 30 days after you book to use them.

PS Im not sure what you mean when you say only good for OBC ... thats all you get as well. They will get the same OBC you are getting.

I would tell them to send them in. Whats the worst they can say?? They dont cost you anything, and your friends just pay the postage. They should be good. I think they have 30 days after you book to use them.

Great Thank You! They will be delighted if they work, if not they are booked anyway and are happy to go on a cruise!

I book my cruises with a TA but my DW handles the future cruise certs..She would prob send them in if I ask but we do it ourself...I'll find out monday or tuesday when they will start selling them on the Dream and Glory......Dennis

Just wanted to clarify. You have your cruise booked with a TA but you mail the FCC directly to Carnival? Just trying to get it straight cause if these things are selling on the Spirit when I sail in April I'm buying a boatload of them (pun intended) :).

It's great they are expanding the program to other ships, but I think they need to make the process easier, i.e. entering the certificate number online.

I am a bit miffed at the whole program. Well at least half miffed. I sent two in (separately) for my two 2010 cruises and one was applied while the other one wasn't. When I called they said they would be applied a month before sailing. Uhhh ok so what, do I pay all but $100 of my final payment in anticipation that they will apply it (and open them up to cancel my cruise)?!?! The CSR replied that I should probably call as final payment gets closer (it's due in June). She did confirm that they received the certificate and that it will be applied to my booking - just not now.

Funny...the other certificate was applied lickety split to my booking for a cruise 4 months after that one :rolleyes:

I am not so pleased with this program. I plan on waiting a month and calling back. If I get the same song and dance I will be asking for a supervisor. If they still won't apply the certificate, I will request an email confirmation that they have the certificate and will apply it before my final payment due date.

What a hassle.

Just wanted to clarify. You have your cruise booked with a TA but you mail the FCC directly to Carnival? Just trying to get it straight cause if these things are selling on the Spirit when I sail in April I'm buying a boatload of them (pun intended) :).

I booked through a TA and I sent my FCC to her and she took care of sending to Carnival.

Beth

Yes, the adress to send them to is on the certificate so we just go to the post office and send them registered mail........It usually takes a couple of weeks to get them posted, but we have no problems with ours at all.....Dennis

I asked my PVP to confirm that the FCC's would start to be sold on the Spirit this month. Her reply, "No information regarding the 'on-board certificate program' yet". Nice.

You'd think they'd want to be letting everyone know about it. I hope it's true! :)

We saw the FCCs last year on Freedom but thought they were too good to be true so did not buy:mad:Having read the boards we should have done it. We sail on the Dream next year and are looking to purchase some then- Anyone from the UK got any experience in FCCs? Do we send then to Carnival in the US or does the TA process through Carnival booking agent in the UK. Any experience from UK or European cruisers welcome

Is it possible for my daughter who is cruising in March to purchase a certificate in my name so that I can use it for a cruise I am taking in June?

Probably not since they are non transferable. I dont see how she could put your name on the form and her cabin # and get by with it.

Archived