Confused about regular balcony cabin amenities

luvabeach

After reading many posts regarding duvets and the many pillow choices one has in a CC cabin or suite, I am concerned about booking a regular balcony cabin! We are booked in cabin 7231 on the Equinox, July 5th. I realize this is not concierge class just a regular cabin...however, does this mean no duvet...just a blanket/sheet and a hard pillow rather than feather one if preferred? I am quite happy with a regular showerhead, no canapes, no butler and smaller cabin/balcony, but do like a duvet and soft pillow!! Cannot believe Celebrity does not offer this...only ever been on RCL, HAL and Princess and they all did...are Celebrity so different??

Guess Europe, here I come, pillow and all! Lol! After reading posts about expensive water package, might even be lugging case of water too - that would really go down well with DH. Can just see me asking a taxi driver to find a supermarket in Rome - definitely thinking about upgrading now!

After reading many posts regarding duvets and the many pillow choices one has in a CC cabin or suite, I am concerned about booking a regular balcony cabin! We are booked in cabin 7231 on the Equinox, July 5th. I realize this is not concierge class just a regular cabin...however, does this mean no duvet...just a blanket/sheet and a hard pillow rather than feather one if preferred? I am quite happy with a regular showerhead, no canapes, no butler and smaller cabin/balcony, but do like a duvet and soft pillow!! Cannot believe Celebrity does not offer this...only ever been on RCL, HAL and Princess and they all did...are Celebrity so different??

If it's any consolation, we did CC on Infinity and never DID get a pillow menu and the canapes, for the most part, became seagull food. I had to ask for a feather pillow, which was provided to me. This cruise, I'm going to request cheese instead of gull food. Guess I have cast iron taste buds.

If we are speaking about S Class ships, a regular cabin has a duvet made up of a blanket in between two nice sheets. The beds are amazing and the pillows (yes there are four) are just fine. If you need to sleep with your own then bring it.

The regular cabins are identical in appearance and design to CC so don't feel as though you are down classed. I sure don't when I book a regular cabin. In fact just the opposite, unless you get to suites, the cabins are all about even.

On our Summit Alaska cruise a few years ago we booked CC and on our upcoming Equinox cruise we booked a regular balcony cabin. I do not not believe that the cc benefits are worth the extrea cost no matter how much it is over regular balcony. Same room size and cabin size and the canapes are really nothing. I cannot speak for Aqua class but the main dining room is great for us, we can skip BLU. On a Century cruise back in 96 our regular cabin was great, comfortable bed and pillows. Do not be afraid to book a regular balcony cabin, you will enjoy it.

we usually book Concierge, but I've read on other threads that you can ask your steward for a special pillow if you are in a standard room, and they will provide one. So go ahead and enjoy your cabin and just ask. No problem with asking!

Denny

Had Concierge on Century 1/23 cruise. Booked regular balcony for Summit in June while cruising. Would not pay extra money for concierge. I had to ask stateroom attendant for isotoner pillow (no pillow menu). As has been said many times canapes are pretty bad. Had cheese platter instead. Could have picked up a plate of cheese in buffet at any time if I needed cheese for cocktail time. My advice: go with regular balcony.....

This is why I love cruise critic! Now, I feel quite good about getting a great deal and sticking with a regular veranda cabin. We have somehow always been lucky and ended up in a mini-suite on Princess and HAL and guess I got used to being a little spoiled...do feel very fortunate to be going to Europe and have decided whatever linens/pillows/food etc we have, will be wonderful! Thanks all.

Archived