S&S Balance

Vianky

I live and I am happy when I have a budget and am able to keep it. In my day to day life I have a very strict checkbook keeping.

When you check your S&S account on lets say your TV on the ship does it give you the balance up to date? Or are there some delays?

Lets say I check it the night before we get back. Will that be the final price I will owe? Or are there fee's and taxes added to that balance you see on the screen?

Thanks so much!

Vianca

They are fairly up to date, but there may be some delays. On ships that have the smart TV system, I try to check the bill once per day to make sure there were no unauthorized charges. On the ships that don't have it, I usually go to the Customer Service desk a few times throughout the cruise and get a printout. I then compare against the receipts, which I keep throughout the cruise.

They will give you a paper print out of your final balance under your door early on the last morning. Barring any late purchases on the last night, it should be accurate. Unless you pre pay your tips, you will notice a charge on your account for gratuities. It is $10 per person, per day. Other than that, all of the taxes and fees shousl have been part of your initial cruise fare.

No fees and taxes added, but you will also have to sign for any charge, so seems like you would know what your balance is unless you are signing for so many drinks you cant remember??

I always knows my balance, unless there is something there by mistake.

So what you are saying is that I should be able to count on adding up my receipts and have that match up perfectly with the balance.

And they always give receipts for everything you put on the S&S? Drink, gift shops and excursions?

I did prepay my tip so that should not be a problem but if I want to tip a bit more one time or another, could I do that in cash or does it have to go on the S&S?

So what you are saying is that I should be able to count on adding up my receipts and have that match up perfectly with the balance.

And they always give receipts for everything you put on the S&S? Drink, gift shops and excursions?

I did prepay my tip so that should not be a problem but if I want to tip a bit more one time or another, could I do that in cash or does it have to go on the S&S?

If you add up those receipts... they SHOULD balance with what you see on the TV or after visiting the pursers desk (if your math is accurate and you have all your receipts for items purchased onboard !).

Additional tips you can do with cash to who you feel has earned that extra $$$.

When I was on the Conquest a few years ago, there was a purchase charged to me from the photo gallery that I did not make (like $30 or so). I went to them (big PITA) and they told me they had to look up the transaction and to come back. After a few hours, I went back to the photo gallery. The receipt had a different name signed to it, and they promptly credited that amount back to me. Otherwise, I have never had a problem.

I always check mine out. Only once was there one photo I did not purchase. Sometimes they give you a list of charges before the last day. There was a charge for a photo when I had not purchased any yet. I called and it was taken off in a few hours.

I like to prepay and make sure I do not go over. I do live it up but not too crazy.

Seems like Carnival has really good systems in place. I always get what I order and only this once was something on the bill that I did not.

Tom n Long Beach

I check our balance daily after about two days. I have had to inquire about charges on each cruise because I didn’t remember what we bought or paid for that night.:eek: Some times the description is a little vague. At the end it always ends up the way I expected it to. :)

Keep an eye on your balance. That's why they give the s/s card (in addition to making life easier on board); you may spend more than planned as it's too easy to just whip it out. Just like a credit card.

Once we got our next-door-cabin's statement by mistake. I looked at the bottom line first, as I usually do, and it was in the several thousand dollars amount. I nearly died since I knew we didn't spend that much at all! I glanced at the items and they were mostly bar purchases. Anyway, I quickly realized it wasn't our bill. Amazing, though, how quickly the purchases add up.

So do keep up with it if you don't want to be shocked or if you are on a budget. For the most part, ours hangs in the $200 - $500 area.

Shay

I check every day. I've found a few discrepencies. I go to the pursers and get them cleared up. It can be a PITA but I'm not going to pay for an excursion, disposible camera, etc... that I didnt' buy. Mistakes happen. *shrug*

Archived