Changes to C&A...when you think???

Do you think RCI will change the C&A program again.? Specifically, we are wondering about the numbers between D and D+. We are currently D and we have a JS booked in April so that will leave us 2 credits short of being D+. I wonder if/when they will change. If I do a JS shorty in the Summer and make it to D+ if they will Grandfather the D+ in.

I sure hope so........:confused:

I was disappointed that they did not give us our Diamond status on our recent Explorer cruise because we had already paid for it prior to sailing. Then I was told you have to take the cruise before the change takes effect. Sounds to me like you should get the status as soon as you have made the full payment. Everytime we went to Dizzy's and saw the D and D+ area it ticked me off that my seapass did not reflect my paid for status.

I was disappointed that they did not give us our Diamond status on our recent Explorer cruise because we had already paid for it prior to sailing. Then I was told you have to take the cruise before the change takes effect. Sounds to me like you should get the status as soon as you have made the full payment. Everytime we went to Dizzy's and saw the D and D+ area it ticked me off that my seapass did not reflect my paid for status.

The rules on this are clearly spelled out. You earn cruise credits for completed cruises. You do change your membership level after having earned the according number of cruise credits and as you have to complete the cruise for it the membership level will also always change after the completion of a cruise. It has nothing to do with payment.

It´s the same concept as with airlines, it doesn´t give you anything to book a flight, you have to actually board the plane to get the points.

Do you think RCI will change the C&A program again.? Specifically, we are wondering about the numbers between D and D+. We are currently D and we have a JS booked in April so that will leave us 2 credits short of being D+. I wonder if/when they will change. If I do a JS shorty in the Summer and make it to D+ if they will Grandfather the D+ in.

I sure hope so........:confused:

Stay tuned.............April is right around the corner.

You can not have what you have not earned. And the only way you earn cruise credits is by completing the sailing.

We would all have to agree something has to be done. The numbers are skyrocketing. To not grandfather you at the level you currently hold would cause a lot of folks to be upset. Set some new criteria and allow reasonable time for folks to reach the next level. I like the days at sea criteria.

We would all have to agree something has to be done. The numbers are skyrocketing. To not grandfather you at the level you currently hold would cause a lot of folks to be upset. Set some new criteria and allow reasonable time for folks to reach the next level. I like the days at sea criteria.

I too like the "nights at sea" criteria, especially with "bonus" nights if booked in Suites, etc.

I'm just curious, but what's in April or did I miss reading some updates on C&A.

If you use the "search this forum" here on CC and enter in Changes to Crown and Anchor you will be amazed at the different threads you will get.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1117460&highlight=changes+crown+anchor

Once you attain a certain level I highly doubt that they will take it away from you. I'm sure if you make Diamond at 10 cruises and the follow year they raise the number to 15 or 20, you'll be grandfathered.
One can hope, but I also hoped that they would grandfather CL access for people who were already Diamond, but alas ...

I don't know why it should bother you. The rules are that you must have COMPLETED ten cruises (or the equivalent). You have not COMPLETED the tenth and qualified for Diamond status until you begin the eleventh cruise.

Kathy

After 9 previous cruises in the C&A program, you didn't know that the credits weren't applied until the cruise was completed? :confused:

There she is! There's the Patti I came to adore on these boards! :D

Now, where's Carol?

Yep, it gets frustrating after a while.:(

Do you have any idea how many times I copied and pasted the deployment schedule that was released in March of last year for 2010 up to April of 2011 itineraries in different threads this week.:eek:

All somebody had to do was put in key words and it would have come up.

After 9 previous cruises in the C&A program, you didn't know that the credits weren't applied until the cruise was completed? :confused:

Now that was good!

If we all used the "search forum" then we wouldn't have need for any responses or discussion at all since everything has already been talked about that could possibly be talked about!! I think exchanging conversation in a new thread keeps things fresh!!

If you use the "search this forum" here on CC and enter in Changes to Crown and Anchor you will be amazed at the different threads you will get.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1117460&highlight=changes+crown+anchor

I wasn't aware you could do a search, so I really appreciate you telling me about the "search this forum" on CC.

Archived