JS Coffee/Tea Service Question

What types of perks are included in the coffee and tea service found in JS cabins?

Are mugs included in the coffee and tea service? Are they nice size mugs, or should I bring my own?

Is cream/sugar provided?

Anybody ever bring sealed coffee creamer to keep in their room fridge?

What types of perks are included in the coffee and tea service found in JS cabins?

Are mugs included in the coffee and tea service? Are they nice size mugs, or should I bring my own?

Is cream/sugar provided?

Anybody ever bring sealed coffee creamer to keep in their room fridge?

From what I've seen it is only a kettle for making hot water-no coffee service

On Navigator JS in January - hot water kettle AND one cup coffee pot. There were two ceramic mugs, tea bags, sugar, no-cal sweetener, creamers (non-dairy liquid) and a coffee filter pack. The coffee pack was actually for 3-4 cups so the first cup was a little strong but the second and even third were very good.:D I seem to be in the minority in my LOVE for the coffee pot in the room. It took a little (very little) effort, but having coffee as soon as we got up without waiting for room service or pre-setting a time was pure heaven. That first cup of coffee on the balcony with your honey is the best part of cruising for me!!:D (well...maybe tied with a glass of wine on the balcony before dinner!;))

Hey I'm with you with the coffee pot - got a good tip though with the room steward about the strong first cup - she said oil some extra water in the tea kettle and add half water to the first cup - worked out just dandy

Love being in a junior suite - hubby sleeps in so nice to have that first coffee in the morning on the balcony - put on the nice fluffy robe and read and have coffee - what a way to start the day:)

Hey I'm with you with the coffee pot - got a good tip though with the room steward about the strong first cup - she said oil some extra water in the tea kettle and add half water to the first cup - worked out just dandy

Love being in a junior suite - hubby sleeps in so nice to have that first coffee in the morning on the balcony - put on the nice fluffy robe and read and have coffee - what a way to start the day:)

Thanks for the tip.

On Navigator JS in January - hot water kettle AND one cup coffee pot. There were two ceramic mugs' date=' tea bags, sugar, no-cal sweetener, creamers (non-dairy liquid) and a coffee filter pack. The coffee pack was actually for 3-4 cups so the first cup was a little strong but the second and even third were very good.:D I seem to be in the minority in my LOVE for the coffee pot in the room. It took a little (very little) effort, but having coffee as soon as we got up without waiting for room service or pre-setting a time was pure heaven. That first cup of coffee on the balcony with your honey is the best part of cruising for me!!:D (well...maybe tied with a glass of wine on the balcony before dinner!;))[/quote']We had the 2 cup Mr. Coffee on Radiance with that large pod of coffee.

I wonder if who ever is doing the ordering realizes that they are ordering the wrong type of coffee pod for the small sized coffee maker.

Does anyone know if there is a coffee pot and hot water pot in junior suites on the monarch?

I was on Monarch in a JS last July. There was a coffee pot with coffee pods, tea, sugar, hot chocolate and creamer packets and two mugs. Nice little setup.

The coffee/tea service is supposed to be fleetwide so if you don't have the coffee pot I would ask for one to be provided. It is advertised as one of the perks for the JS so it should be in the room. I would bring some of the coffee pods since it seems that on most ships the coffee packet provided is much too big for a one or two cup coffee maker.

I think we plan to bring Via's with us. Will this work? I was thinking we could just run water through the coffee pot and then add the via right? I need dark smooth coffee on my vcacation and room service just didn't do it for me. Seattle's best was good but I hate sending DH out for it so early. But I like to have my first cup before getting dressed. Windjammer was as bad as room service. The MDR seemed better somehow. Might of had something to do with the wine in advance.

Monica

On my last cruise in Sept. we had the one cup coffee maker but we had that same coffee you show in your picture. It wouldn't even fit in the one cup maker-way too big. We needed the little "pods" of coffee. When I asked the room steward he said those larger packs of coffee was all he had. So I ended up asking him to find me a french press pot and he did bring us one so we boiled the water in the black pot and used those coffee grounds in the french press. Worked fine.

I can't for the life of me figure out why they can't provide the right coffee for those small one cup makers. Several others have complained about the same thing and they were on a different ship.

Oh well, maybe one day!

This was the coffee/tea set up in my Enchantment JS. As you can see, it includes a one-cup coffee maker and a hot water kettle for tea. Also, the correct coffee was provided for the coffee maker.

2014289850080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Nice! :) I am looking forward in staying in my 1st Jr. Suite next month on the Voyager.

On my last cruise in Sept. we had the one cup coffee maker but we had that same coffee you show in your picture. It wouldn't even fit in the one cup maker-way too big. We needed the little "pods" of coffee.

I'm wondering if you had a different coffee maker. The basket on the top of the coffee maker in my picture was the same size as the pods. Notice how it's bigger at the top. They fit in there perfectly. I was able to make one cup, then refill the water and make a second cup that was not any weaker.

I'm wondering if you had a different coffee maker. The basket on the top of the coffee maker in my picture was the same size as the pods. Notice how it's bigger at the top. They fit in there perfectly. I was able to make one cup, then refill the water and make a second cup that was not any weaker.

Paul, did you get a glass pot that collected the coffee as it brewed or did you just put your cup where the glass pot would go?

We had the glass pot on Radiance and it definitely had the one and two cup water lines. The coffee pods that we received were much too big for the coffee machine.

Our machine looked exactly like what you posted, but when trying to smash those coffee pods into the top, I couldn't even close the lid.

The basket on the top of the coffee maker in my picture was the same size as the pods. Notice how it's bigger at the top. They fit in there perfectly. I was able to make one cup, then refill the water and make a second cup that was not any weaker.

Mine did not have a glass pot. It brewed directly in to the cups.

That is what we had on the Mariner

Just on the first cup I filled it out of a water bottle and it overflowed a little the next cup I filled it with the mug and worked fine Coffe was good

Was great for the days that we didnt want to have room service wake us up

Mine was a one cup maker that brewed right into the cup. Only held one cup of water and was smaller than the one in your photo. That pack of coffee would not come close to fitting in there. You needed those small round pods of coffee that we didn't have.

We had the 2 cup Mr. Coffee on Radiance with that large pod of coffee.

I wonder if who ever is doing the ordering realizes that they are ordering the wrong type of coffee pod for the small sized coffee maker.

We will be on Radiance in June! I think I'll bring my own pods:) Thanks for posting info!

This was the coffee/tea set up in my Enchantment JS. As you can see, it includes a one-cup coffee maker and a hot water kettle for tea. Also, the correct coffee was provided for the coffee maker.

You must love strong coffee, LOL! We're on Rhapsody now and have the same setup - the packet states that there's enough coffee for 24 ounces or so. We just add some boiling water to half a cup and it's pretty good that way. We have small containers of milk, not non-dairy creamer, with ours.

We will be on Radiance in June! I think I'll bring my own pods:) Thanks for posting info!

Good idea. As of November, the JS cabins on Radiance still didn't have coffeemakers, just the hot water pot.

I love having the coffeemaker in the cabin - some days we'll order room service, but on days when we want to sleep in, it's nice to have a cup or two before we face the rest of the ship.

Archived