Various tastings?

erdoran

The thread about the margarita tasting got me thinking---in addition to the margarita tasting, I think I saw something about a martini tasting? Are there other events like this too? How much do they cost and what are they like? The margarita one sounds great, especially because you can share with someone (no way can I put down 4 or 5 drinks, I rarely drink at all, but I'd love to try the different ones). What are the other options and what are the details? thanks!

The martini tastings are great fun - about 6 small martinis with garnishes. They tell you how each one is made and the tastings that I have participated in were combined with a trivia contest. They also allow sharing and I think the cost was $15. It is a great way to make new friends on the ship - and get really blasted...

My husband did the beer tasting, but was disappointed, because they only served one dark beer.

My wife and I did the martini tastings and they were great fun. I never thought I would like a martini but so many kinds, you can swap with ones you liked better with your partner. This is well worth the cost. :p We made friends and had drinks with them a couple more evenings during the cruise.

i really enjoyed the martini tasting and by # 3 you love everyobody you are sitting near!:D Really we had a blast and met some great people Nothing like little vodka to loosen your mouth up! I thought it was an excellent bargain at $15.

i really enjoyed the martini tasting and by # 3 you love everyobody you are sitting near!:D Really we had a blast and met some great people Nothing like little vodka to loosen your mouth up! I thought it was an excellent bargain at $15.

yep, we felt the same, it was amazing what good friends we became, the only problem: we didn't recognize each other the next day..LOL

Nita

I'm curious about the beer tastings. This will be our first cruise with NCL but I think my DH would really enjoy one of these. So, I've got a couple of questions:

1. What kinds of beer did they serve?

2. Is it possible to share one of those tastings like some of the others have mentioned? (I sincerely doubt DH will want to share but I can always ask! More than likely he'll just end up drinking all mine too.)

3. Did they happen to give any extra 'tastes' on the beer similar to the margarita and martini tastings?

And, for me, are there any wine tastings that are similar? I like margaritas so that might be up my alley but I know I couldn't handle 5 unless I wanted to have no memory of the rest of the afternoon.

I saw two beer tastings. One was euro beers, one was ...not.

A bit of info and some beers. There were five samples i'm guessing 5-6 oz and a finale from the tap. It was cost-effective. Memory fades, but at least one and maybe two were wheat beers. I'd rather be stabbed in the ear than drink another wheat beer.

Bear in mind, the selection of beer on-board is pretty mainstream and awful.

It'll most likely be in the Pub and the beers will be on display. That helped me decide on the 2nd tasting, which I didn't go for.

They did

Pilsner urquell

Franziskaner weisse

Guiness

Celebrator (maybe)

another wheat, I think

finished with Stella from the tap, but Henry obliged me and I got a Murphy's Stout instead.

And, we got a souvenir mug.

I found the dailies from the Dawn Jan.2009...on the first sea day they had

mojito tasting at noon ... $15

wine tasting at 1 pm ... $15

sushi and saki tasting at 2 pm

martini tasting at 3 pm ...$15

beers of Europe tasting at 4 pm ... $15

on the second sea day they had:

wine tasting at 1 pm ... $15

sangria and tapas at 2 pm ... $15

margarita madness at 3 pm ... margaritas $4.95 each

Global beer tasting at 5 pm ... $15

I'm not sure if attending ALL of these NCLU classes would be very smart, but the ones that I have attended have been a lot of fun, a great buy and a terrific way to meet others onboard!

The thread about the margarita tasting got me thinking---in addition to the margarita tasting, I think I saw something about a martini tasting? Are there other events like this too? How much do they cost and what are they like? The margarita one sounds great, especially because you can share with someone (no way can I put down 4 or 5 drinks, I rarely drink at all, but I'd love to try the different ones). What are the other options and what are the details? thanks!

When we were on the Star in October, we participated in martini tasting, margarita tasting, mohito tasting and beer tasting. For $15 you get about five different drinks and a lesson on how to make them. Well worth the money.

Carolyn

My DH and I went to the wine tasting. Unfortunately, we were the only 2 there so they cancelled it. :( They gave us one glass of wine as a consolation prize. They said they need to have at least 6-8 people to have the tasting. I also went to the martini tasting. That was great! We sampled 6 different martinis, then they threw in 2 more....so we were able to sample 8! Walking back to our cabin was fun:p. I think the tastings are a great way to sample different drinks+meet people. We had a blast and would do it again!:) Def worth the $

My DH and I went to the wine tasting. Unfortunately, we were the only 2 there so they cancelled it. :( They gave us one glass of wine as a consolation prize. They said they need to have at least 6-8 people to have the tasting. I also went to the martini tasting. That was great! We sampled 6 different martinis, then they threw in 2 more....so we were able to sample 8! Walking back to our cabin was fun:p. I think the tastings are a great way to sample different drinks+meet people. We had a blast and would do it again!:) Def worth the $

wow, shocked you were the only ones, was it some kind of a tee tottlers cruise or something. LOL

Nita

Archived