Which category?

Tucruisers

Having enjoyed a cruise with Seabourn last year to the Norwegian Fjords we are thinking of an Odysey cruise in August this year. Grateful for any advice as to whether there is any point in upgrading the level of the Verendah Suite. They seem a bit higher on the ship, but is it worth the £200 per booking?

Are your figures correct? 200?

Host Dan

I think so. On the UK website the difference in cost per person per cruise for Verandah Suites is £100 so the total for two people would be £200 for each upgrade in category. Not a fortune I know but is it worth it just to be a bit higher up the ship when the suites are all the same?

Tucruisers

Which Odyssey voyage in August? I believe you would certainly enjoy a veranda ~~will be worth the 100 pounds a piece. I stayed on Deck 7 (732) on the Odyssey Tansatlantic and enjoyed the Veranda in Madeira and Ft Lauderdale when we arrived.

Have a great cruise!:p

Martita B.

Booking a higher deck will not be necessary ~~ but I'd advise booking a midship suite. Or even better a suite closest to the aft elevators. Just more convenient to the Seabourn Square, Club, etc.

(Deck 6: suites 650's Deck 5 :suites 530's)

Martita B.

>"but the puzzle was whether it is worth going for a higher grade than V 1."

Don't forget that several of the lower of the V categories have a partial flashing on the balcony. MIght check the small print and the threads here to see iif it is important to you.

I agree with Martha a midships suite is best, apart from anything else it will be much quieter,especially on a port intensive cruise and will be worth the extra money.

Are you thinking of booking direct with Seabourn? I find using a cruise agent you will be getting a better deal and just might find that a midship V2 cat. the same price as Seabourn's lead in price.....just a thought.

I guess I do not understand why you would want to be close to a higher traffic area? At least in hotels they say to be away from stairs/elevators. How inconvient is it to walk a bit further to the areas? I just am getting mixed messages. I have been on the Spirit and found everything very close. I know the ship is bigger, but is it that bigger? I have room 810 on the Odessey this fall. That is on the pool deck and thought that was a good choice.

Grateful for all this. We are not bothered about being slightly further away, indeed might prefer this for the reasons in the above post. We have an option on a VS 3 suite 609 which we will probably confirm in the next couple of days (unless anyone says avoid!).

Tucruisers

We were on suite 604 in the November maiden caribbean of the Odyssey. We loved it as it is a mere steps away from the greatest kept secret on the ship - a very secluded whirlpool all the way forward on deck 6. Also, keep in mind that V1s and V2s all have the type of verandah where only the top third portion is glass and the bottom two thirds are metal. This means that you don't get the same completely unobstructed view. I would definitely go for the V3 if possible. As an aside, we had many a wonderful breakfast set up on our balcony during that cruise, a real pleasure as you sail into ports.

We were on suite 604 in the November maiden caribbean of the Odyssey. We loved it as it is a mere steps away from the greatest kept secret on the ship - a very secluded whirlpool all the way forward on deck 6. Also, keep in mind that V1s and V2s all have the type of verandah where only the top third portion is glass and the bottom two thirds are metal. This means that you don't get the same completely unobstructed view. I would definitely go for the V3 if possible. As an aside, we had many a wonderful breakfast set up on our balcony during that cruise, a real pleasure as you sail into ports.

Claudia

Thanks, most helpful. Will definitely confirm VS3 booking!

Tucruisers

Archived