Pharoahs and the Promised Land

So thats our luggage weights etc. sorted then Del boy ...whether we can life up a case weighing 23 kgs is another matter !!!!!:)

We're flying Thomson from Exeter...and looks like we'll be able to do the Red Sea from Exeter next winter which will be good as it saves the long trek to Bristol or Gatwick....

So thats our luggage weights etc. sorted then Del boy ...whether we can life up a case weighing 23 kgs is another matter !!!!!:)

I had enough trouble lifting ours in June and they were 20kg each, most we've ever packed. They usually average about 12.

Berwyn

Hello, We have just booked our very first cruise (pharoahs and the promised land 17/03/10). We have loads of questions but the one that I am quite curious about is the dress code. Now this being a Thomson cruise, do people actually dress up for dinner, ie a suit for a guy ...........or is smart casual trouser and shirt ok?:confused:

Jenny Wren

Lets hope all goes well with the reopening of the hotel,Had a few holidays with Thomson and they've never let us down ...yet!

Not heard anything about tickets,but still got time.

Yesme

If this cruise is as good as our last one then we'll have a great holiday. Hope your boss feels generous.

Hello, We have just booked our very first cruise (pharoahs and the promised land 17/03/10). We have loads of questions but the one that I am quite curious about is the dress code. Now this being a Thomson cruise, do people actually dress up for dinner, ie a suit for a guy ...........or is smart casual trouser and shirt ok?:confused:

Re dress code, It states in my personal guide which is sent with your tickets, there is no dress code to speak of. By night its smart casual. This means its full length trousers and either open necked shirt or polo shirt for gents.

Once a week there's the Captains Cocktail Party and Gala Dinner, its your chance to dress to impress. For gents it means a Smart suit and tie, or dinner jacket. Ladies meanwhile pull out all the stops, with elegant evening dresses.

If you would rather keep smart casual, the lido café is open as normal on gala night.

Well that's funny cos when I went into it there were no excursions to Jerusalem ?????

I have just had another look and under the port of Haifa, it keeps mentioning that you will not want to miss Jerusalem and gives a write up re Jerusalem, but as you say does not seem to be a specific excursion going to Jerusalem, strange.

Cruise anorak-- All my shifts covered, we are going to. Booked and very excited! :D

Jenny wren -- Cornwall will be 1/2 empty as there seems to be several on this cruise from here. Which area you to? On the other site my mum and dad who are also going are chatting with Morris from St.Columb also going on these dates.

We are on this cruise starting 10/03/10 and wonder if any one else is on this one?

We are travelling with a party of nine, though we are all staying in different levels of cabins.

Hi y'all, sodemall here, we are fastnloose on the other site. We are on the cruise along with daughter, son-in-law and grandaughter, they are yesme. We are there to celebrate my 60th birthday during the cruise. see you all there!!

AAaahh now it is all fitting in to place!!! Sodemall (love that name!! I used to say that alot before I retired!!!)

Not long now ...two weeks on Wednesday we fly out to Paphos from Exeter for a week in a hotel first...then join the ship the same day as you all. Lets hope its warm and sunny and we can top up the tan!

Yesme

Your boss was in a good mood then when you asked him for the time off. Are you going to do the formal night again? We are so hubby can wear his dinner suit again! I see from your parents that your son isn't going with you this time.

Holiday getting closer now,got most things sorted just odds and ends to do.Just over three weeks to go.

Jenny Wren

You must be more excited than us as you only have just over two weeks to go.

We booked for Haifa-my husband has ben there and me to see it. It looks like there is not any excursion to Jerusalem or Bethlehem :( The two places I wanted to visit.

I rang Thomson on Friday and they put me through to the excursion centre, and they claim there will be trips to Jerusalem, and claim the website just gives a guide to excursions. I would of thought Jerusalem would have been worth mentioning as that seem to be one of the major sites in Israel. So lets hope they are right cos i its the main reason we are going also.

It's the first time we've done a cruise and stay,in the past we have always just cruised. I think the packing at the end of the cruise going to the hotel is going to be the difficult part,trying not to crease the clothes too much when putting them back in the cases.

Hi all,

Not that I'm going but being a nosey old..... :D and with nothing better to do until today's Winter Olympics restarts this evening I had a browse and it's approx 100 miles by road from Haifa to Jerusalem one way. So the excursion is quite possible, but it's much further than from Ashdod.

Also the Dead Sea is offered and it's the other side of Jerusalem from Haifa.

Berwyn

Berwyn...yes I thought it was funny that the Dead Sea had an excursion whereas Jerusalem didn't.....anyway sounds like they do go to Jerusalem from Haifa so all will be well...

Cruise anorak....I haven't even thought about the packing yet, we've got visitors this week, but as soon as they've gone I can spread everything out !!....we've got the hotel first but like you will have to be careful putting the clothes back in the cases.

I have just booked this cruise, leaving 10th March, for myself and my husband (Ruth and Chris). I have just been looking at the foreign office website, where it states that a visa is needed for entry into Syria. I am hoping that it is available at the port, or obtained by Thomson, does anyone else have more information.

I have just booked this cruise, leaving 10th March, for myself and my husband (Ruth and Chris). I have just been looking at the foreign office website, where it states that a visa is needed for entry into Syria. I am hoping that it is available at the port, or obtained by Thomson, does anyone else have more information.

Hi Ruth,

If you're a British passport holder Thomson's will get a group visa for you.

Nearly time for you all to go now, we've still got another 6weeks to go.

Berwyn

As Berwyn says Thomson will get a group visa for all passengers...the only problem may be if you already have an Israeli stamp in your passport (as my OH has!!) but Thomson say as long as we go on an organised excursion we should be OK.....we will check this on board before we book an excursion though just to make sure !!!

Archived