Lot's of Snow = New Cruise?

keishashadow

With all the snow the NE has gotten, has anybody who was 'housebound' book a new cruise?

Just wondering...I moved our existing one up a month:p. Girl I spoke to @ Carnival said the phones were ringing off the hook yesterday with new bookings.

With all the snow the NE has gotten, has anybody who was 'housebound' book a new cruise?

Just wondering...I moved our existing one up a month:p. Girl I spoke to @ Carnival said the phones were ringing off the hook yesterday with new bookings.

Not housebound (but there's another storm forecasted for tonight), but Chicago winters always are pushing me to book. We booked about a week ago

Not housebound (but there's another storm forecasted for tonight), but Chicago winters always are pushing me to book. We booked about a week ago

i'll bet, we're supposed to get same storm tomorrow night for another 8 inches of snow (on top of the almost 2 feet we have on the ground now) bleech

I've been thinking about doing 1 for my bday in december for the last few months. Since we've been stuck in the house I have since brought it up to my best friend and the planning has begun (we WILL be buying trip insurance!). Carnival Dream here we come! Oh and theres also a discussion of doing the Pride in September or October to sail with John Heald but we'll see what happens.

Oh and 1 more thing us folks here int the DC/Metro area are under a winter storm watch that starts tomorrow afternoon and ends Wednesday afternoon. The national weather service says there is the potential for 5 or more inches. Yipee:rolleyes:

Booked 3 Feb. for DEC Wifes early birthday gift Spent the storm digging out and still doing so :eek: had 31 inches Ready to book a cruise real soon just to get away from this weather

Lived in AZ. before coming here , Upper marlboro MD. Ready to go back

Paul

snow rate, that'd work;)

breezycruiser - i just saw video on yahoo, yinz guys in DC metro had a heck of a snowball fight:D

The sad part is everyone has dug out they're cars and are starting to get on the road and now we have been upgraded to a winter storm warning and they are calling for 10-20 inches of snow to pile on the 25 inches we already got!:(

Maybe CCL will come out with a SNOW RATE :D

Someone posted that they booked on Saturday for the Pride leaving Sunday ... I asked him if he got a special deal, but they didnt answer about the last minute rate. I would have thought there were some cancellations to book cheap last minute.

The snow's falling here in Chicago. We could get another 14 inches.

I just came in from talking my dog for a walk (she, unlike me, LOVES the snow!) and it sure feels great to know I'll be cruising in just over 20 day! I'm ready now though!

The snow's falling here in Chicago. We could get another 14 inches.

I just came in from talking my dog for a walk (she, unlike me, LOVES the snow!) and it sure feels great to know I'll be cruising in just over 20 day! I'm ready now though!

Lovely snowy Chicago... my dogs love the snow too

Our cruise is way too far in the future - have fun on your escape from the snow!! Let us know how the cruise was. I'm trying to sustain myself by reading the boards.

The sad part is everyone has dug out they're cars and are starting to get on the road and now we have been upgraded to a winter storm warning and they are calling for 10-20 inches of snow to pile on the 25 inches we already got!:(

we're supposed to get it easy this go around & only get 10 inches tonight, with another big storm forecast for Sunday:rolleyes:. They've taken to calling it snowmagedon :cool:

my youngest DS has been off school since Monday, we're up to 4 snow days to be automatically tacked onto end of school calendar...starting to approach our cruise date:eek:nutz

we're supposed to get it easy this go around & only get 10 inches tonight, with another big storm forecast for Sunday:rolleyes:. They've taken to calling it snowmagedon :cool:

my youngest DS has been off school since Monday, we're up to 4 snow days to be automatically tacked onto end of school calendar...starting to approach our cruise date:eek:nutz

Actually, I think we're on Snowmagedon II: Electric Boogaloo here ...

I'm just hoping and hoping that our Thursday night flight (with a connection in CLT) will make it down to south Florida as planned. We have trip insurance just in case, but insurance doesn't warm up our cold bones or sooth our snow-shoveling-sore backs!

breezycruiser - i just saw video on yahoo, yinz guys in DC metro had a heck of a snowball fight:D

Hey fellow yinzer - hope your street is plowed better than ours is....

I'm just hoping and hoping that our Thursday night flight (with a connection in CLT) will make it down to south Florida as planned. We have trip insurance just in case, but insurance doesn't warm up our cold bones or sooth our snow-shoveling-sore backs!

Hey fellow yinzer - hope your street is plowed better than ours is....

nope, they did crappy job scraping street the 1st time & now can't fit the plow back down:rolleyes:or so they tell us

good luck making the connection, it appears as though u will time it just right between the next 2 storms:)

Archived