Is there something wrong with 'Rhapsody'?

Tanderra

Hi lovely people :)....I have to say that because I've been reading many topics etc for a few weeks....and you all seem like really nice people.

We are going on our first cruise in April, on Rhapsody of the Seas. After reading so many hundreds of posts I have realised that, where people put their past cruises, not very many have been on 'Rhapsody'.

Is there a reason for this?

Thanking you in advance :)

Nah! Just kidding!

Rhapsody is a perfectly fine ship. I think the less talk about it is just a result of it's positioning. It doesn't do the med or caribbean itineraries, which get a LOT more volume. So there are just a lot more people commenting on those ships and trips instead.

Off Rhapsody at the start of January ... she is a great ship (sorry for not posting a review in the review section yet). She's currently sailing out of Sydney right now so in general there are fewer people who frequent these particular boards who sail on her at the moment.

DH and I were on Rhapsody for a month in the Fall of 09--lovely ship (one of our favorite); wouldn't hesitate to sail her again. The theme was music and each deck was a different genre (rock n roll, musicals, etc). There was live music everywhere and dancing every nite on the main deck (Canadians and especially Aussies LOVE to dance--it was great!).

Been on Rhapsody twice, once the worst cruise I have had but that was out of Galveston on the day that Hurricane Wilma left Cozumel and we did not get to a single stop on our original itenerary. So not to let the weather influence me, we went last May on her to Alaska. It was one of the best two cruises that I have ever had. Good service and nice people working on the ship. The TAs that have been in the business for a long while have called that class the "Brass and Glass" ships and that is a good description. But it is a tad shabby just due to her age. But would I go again if the right itinerary was available...............Absolutely!!

We love her Down Under and are lucky to have her for 5 or 6 months. Many cruisers loyal to other lines have jumped ship and are booking on her.

I did a few reviews on her , crew, meals etc just look at my profile and look at posts started by me around NOV/DEC 08

Enjoy your time on her

Di

is, actually, the property of Texas. She is only on load to you fine folks in Australia. But we would like her back, so please tell the Captain when you get onboard to steer through the Panama Canal and bring our ship home!

I would lover her back. I think Voyager is a lovely ship, Heaven knows I've sailed enough times on her, but Rhapsody is a delightful vessel. Her size lends to intimacy. Her crew seems to me to be the happiest in the fleet. The cabin storage of that class of ship is wonderful. I love the extra shelves in the corner. One could do a 4 week cruise on her with that amount of storage!

The only thing Rhapsody lacks, IMHO (in my humble opinion), is sufficient public rest rooms. Other than that, she is my favorite ship in the fleet and I fervently wish that she would come back to Galveston, but I strongly suspect that won't happen unless Carnival starts putting shrimp boats in Galveston instead of mega-ships.

I have sailed on her sister Vsion of the Seas, and that was the ship that got me hooked on cruising. They are very nice with many windows, and by far the best centrum on all Royal Caribbean ships. However, the Vision class ships are not to popular right now do to where they are positioned at, but you can think of the Vsion class as a bit of a smaller version of the Radiance Class ( which are also great ships ), hope this helps and have a great cruise!

Hi lovely people :)....I have to say that because I've been reading many topics etc for a few weeks....and you all seem like really nice people.

We are going on our first cruise in April, on Rhapsody of the Seas. After reading so many hundreds of posts I have realised that, where people put their past cruises, not very many have been on 'Rhapsody'.

Is there a reason for this?

Thanking you in advance :)

I didn't read through all the posts, so I apologize if this is a repeat. The Rhapsody has a limited itinerary, and half the year she's in Australia, which costs much more to get to/from. Having said that, I have 4 more cruises on deposit on the Rhapsody: we just have to make up our minds!!

We were on her for 33 nights last year, and we really love the ship. Nice size, great crew, wonderful Loyalty Ambassador, and the food was AMAZING!! Also, one of the nicest captains in the fleet, IMO.

:) We went on her 2 times while based in Galveston and loved it. Since it is now on the west coast, not quite as easy to get on for a cruise. It is just beautiful and we liked the size.

Go ahead and go and enjoy it for all of us down in Texas who liked to curise on her so much.

To each and every one of you, thankyou so very very much :) :) :)....what a wonderful help you have all been. Yes Texasmunk I most certainly have got the message now and I promise to tell the Captain you would like her back :D

So sorry it has taken me so long to get back, time difference means I am asleep when most of you are awake.

I did see 'Rhapsody' when she called into Fremantle (Perth's sea port) last November.....we just had to go and see her. She is due back in Fremantle on March 15th so we will go and see her again.

So, we fly from Perth at 0.45 am on the 12th April to Sydney to join the ship. Then it's over to Tahiti and French Polynesia and Lahaina before disembarking in Honolulu where we are staying for 7 nights. I just love Hawaii.

That will be 'Rhapsody's' last 'Australian' cruise until next....southern...summer. From Honolulu she goes to Alaska.

Each one of you have made me feel so much better and I'm now looking forward very much to our first cruise.

Thankyou thankyou thankyou :D :D

Archived