which show is less crowded?

Bandit614

first time on RCCL in March. I have heard the nightly shows get very crowded and its hard to get a seat unless you get there very early. We did not have this experience with Carnival or Disney. Would you recommend the first or second show for less crowds? we have my time dining so could go to either. Thanks.

first time on RCCL in March. I have heard the nightly shows get very crowded and its hard to get a seat unless you get there very early. We did not have this experience with Carnival or Disney. Would you recommend the first or second show for less crowds? we have my time dining so could go to either. Thanks.

I have only encountered overcrowded theatres when there is a "BIG" or "KNOWN" performer scheduled.

There is no predicting which show will be better attended. Depends on the passenger mix on your particular cruise.

Some cruises, you have a lot of "experienced" cruisers who are show-skippers.

:)

It will differ with each sailing...just depends on if you have a "party crowd" or an "early to bed" crowd!

Those two descriptions hardly describe whether those people will be going to the shows.

Early to bed people may take in the early show.

Party crowd people may skip the shows to go to bars or the disco.

If you skip the show a couple nights, can't you watch it on the TV in your room? is there a certain channel? Also, Is there a a day in review of alll the activities for the day that the cruise director does that you can watch each morning while getting ready? I loved it last year on the Voyager, but couldn't find it last October on the Freedom?

I checked your profile and I see you are going on Freedom.

I think you'll have to decide this for yourself. I would think both shows are equally crowded because that is the purpose behind having two shows each evening: to divide the passengers between two shows.

If you are dining early, you can go to the theater after dinner and have a drink before your show; check at 15 minutes before showtime and see how many seats are left. Don't let this be an issue for you; you may even decide you don't want to see the shows. :)

Enjoy your cruise.

It seems that different ships have different turnouts, we have just been on the Rhapsody in Australia and went to the shows every night as they were wonderful. We had the 8.30 seating for dinner so went to the 7pm shows which were never that full, you could always get good seats even if you strolled in at 7pm. People that had early dinner said the late show was always pretty crowded and some nights people were standing at the back of the theatre.

I don't recall the last time I had problems getting a seat during a show. EVERY show on the Liberty in Nov had PLENTY of seats.
Me either, I think most of the people the OP is talking about really meant they couldn't find prime seats where they wanted them (after showing up at the last minute).

Archived