Capri- how does one get there? what to do?

Weroff2rome

My husband has a yearning to visit the isle of Capri. Is there like a shuttle boat or something to take us there when we are in Naples. What is there to do once you are there. He has some romantic notions about it from an old movie and since it is our anniversary I am willing to go but was wondering the cost and how to go about it?

My husband has a yearning to visit the isle of Capri. Is there like a shuttle boat or something to take us there when we are in Naples. What is there to do once you are there. He has some romantic notions about it from an old movie and since it is our anniversary I am willing to go but was wondering the cost and how to go about it?

You can the hydrofoil over to the island and there is plenty of shopping, great restaurants, or you can spend sometime on the beach to relax in the sun.

Take the hydrofoil. Capri is gorgeous. A link with some information:

http://www.europeportreviews.com/Naples4.htm

In Capri, take the funicular up the hill as soon as you can in the morning, as it gets quite crowded as the day goes on.

http://www.capritourism.com/en/home

first, the hydrofoil : best thing is getting in line as soon as possible.

The "funiculare" it takes you from the port at to the famous "piazzetta", sit down and enjoy a cup of tea or an authentic cappuccino. A tea costs about 2,50 euro.

Shopping : prices are adequate to the location :) but you will find the latest fashion.

Buy Limoncello, drink it all or keep it in custody of ship :)

Buy coral

Buy italian cornetti : there is a bakery close to the piazzetta that makes cakes that just melt in your mouth :)... that is, if your not on a diet :) ... otherwise steer clear and look at the jewellry shop right in front of it.

You could drop in for a coffee at Quisisana, just down the road.

When are you going. I visited in October during a land vacation to Sorrento and the weather was good with none of the huge crowds. We also enjoyed the views and walked down the nearly 1000 steps from Anacapri to the port. It was very worth it for the views and we were the only ones doing it so very peaceful too.

we will be there in June. Thank you so much for the links it looks very charming. I think maybe I would have us wear swim suits under our clothes spend the morning sightseeing and then the afternoon at the beach- are there chairs etc there?

there are not beaches with sand, but the water is crystal clear :)

bring shoes for walking on rocks

http://www.capri.com/en/spiagge

We also took a convert.taxi...drove us all around the less-touristy areas, you can stop anywhere and take all the time you like. It was fabulous and worth every euro.

We didn't take one. . .we were on a tour. . .but we wish we had. . .next time. . . .:) btw, our guide told us that Capri is the only place in the world to ride those Taxis. Such style.:)

We also took a convert.taxi...drove us all around the less-touristy areas, you can stop anywhere and take all the time you like. It was fabulous and worth every euro.

do you remember what they cost? I am trying to prebudget for things such as this. thanks I am getting really excited!

do you remember what they cost? I am trying to prebudget for things such as this. thanks I am getting really excited!

Euro 15/25 last september (2009 and still high season prices) from Piazzetta to Anacapri or from Piazzetta to Marina Grande.

Consider also going to Villa San Michele

http://www.villasanmichele.eu/en

Wereoff2rome

If I remember correctly the convertible -taxi drive cost us approx. 60-80E...we just asked the driver to take us to all the must see places and he would wait while we walked around & took photos. We had been to Pompeii that day (by train) so we got to Carpi (hydrofoil) in the late afternoon

so this taxi drive was relaxing and made it possible for us to visit all the sites. The crowds are also less in the late day.

Just be sure to take note of the return time for the hydro.

Hi i was thinking of getting a hydrofoil to capri spend a few hours then one to sorrento can you get one from sorrento back to the port in naples,or do you have to go back to capri first first ever cruise hoping not to get lost can you buy a ticket for a familiy of four for the day to use the boat or do you buy tickets by them selves

Hi i was thinking of getting a hydrofoil to capri spend a few hours then one to sorrento can you get one from sorrento back to the port in naples,or do you have to go back to capri first first ever cruise hoping not to get lost can you buy a ticket for a familiy of four for the day to use the boat or do you buy tickets by them selves

As there are three different companies that make these trips, you buy your tickets individually for each leg, so you get the timing you want.

There is no need to go back to Capri to return to Naples from Sorrento. You can see most of the options (but not all, unfortunately) on this site: http://www.metrodelmare.com/english

This site for Capri has good ferry information: http://www.capri.net/en/ship-timetable

I want to go to exactly the same places, Naples, Sorrento and Capri. So let me know how it goes for you..I can't make any sense out of those schedules right now but I am tired and watching American Idol so it doesn't have my full attention..LOL

Wereoff2rome

If I remember correctly the convertible -taxi drive cost us approx. 60-80E...we just asked the driver to take us to all the must see places and he would wait while we walked around & took photos. We had been to Pompeii that day (by train) so we got to Carpi (hydrofoil) in the late afternoon

so this taxi drive was relaxing and made it possible for us to visit all the sites. The crowds are also less in the late day.

Just be sure to take note of the return time for the hydro.

if you hire the cab for a private tour, the price is correct :). I gave the price for the drive to or from.

Is anyone familiar with "Capri Guide Services?" Good? Bad? They have a tour as follows.

Tour description and quotation :

-English speaking guide will meet us at Sorrento pier at 8AM with sign.

-By jetfoil crossing to Capri at 8:30.

-From Marina Grande, main pier of the Island, the tour by sea begins with the visit of the famous Blue Grotto. By regular motorboat after 20 minutes of a fantastic trip, we will reach the cave (weather permetting).

- Once back to the pier, the tour continues by land. From Marina Grande by private convertible car ride to Anacapri, the highest village of the Isle, here visit of the Monte Solaro by chairlift.

- Afternoon from Anacapri by private car to Capri centre, pedestrians area.

- The visit continues with a nice walk to the Gardens of Augustus to admire the gorgeous panorama of the sea of the Faraglioni rocks.

- From Capri centre short trip by funicolar to the pier.

Price for 2 people......360.00 euros.

Price includes:

- Jetfoil tickets Naples Capri Naples.

- Trip to the Blue Grotto by regular motorboat. Duration 70

- minutes.

- Entrance fees at the cave.

- Private convertible car for the transportation Marina Grande-Anacapri-Capri.

- English speaking guide at disposal.

- Ticket for the funicolar Capri centre to Marina Grande.

- Tickets for the chairlift.

No deposit is required.

Price for 2 people......360.00 euros.

Price includes:

- Jetfoil tickets Naples Capri Naples.

- Trip to the Blue Grotto by regular motorboat. Duration 70

- minutes.

- Entrance fees at the cave.

- Private convertible car for the transportation Marina Grande-Anacapri-Capri.

- English speaking guide at disposal.

- Ticket for the funicolar Capri centre to Marina Grande.

- Tickets for the chairlift.

No deposit is required.

I don't know this company, but my first impression is that this is a lot of money for something that it incredibly easy to do on your own.

• 1 month later...
I did a rough estimate and came up with 280 Euros for all the tickets for two and taxi, so the remainder is for the guide. That may be worth it for someone who knows the area well and travel tricks. We'll see.

When are you going to take this tours ? like to know your view after the trips. Thanks.

I did a rough estimate and came up with 280 Euros for all the tickets for two and taxi, so the remainder is for the guide. That may be worth it for someone who knows the area well and travel tricks. We'll see.

Wow - you must have assumed quite a lot for the taxi. However, if the price feels right to you, then it is right. It's hard to put a price on peace of mind. Have a great time, Capri is gorgeous.

Do you know if they reduce your price if the Blue Grotto is closed, as it is when the seas are rough?

Archived