Having fun wish you were here. Greetings from Dawn Princess

cazz0069

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to touch base and say hi. We are half way through our holiday and having a wonderful time. In Gibourne today, the weather is awesome and about to go and have some lunch at the wharf.

The Dawn is looking after us well. We had really rough seas out of Melbourne, which resulted in a lot of people being a no show on deck for the following day. After that, we had smooth sailing the entire way.. Cruise staff are good, the CD Gavin Chandler, seems a little reserved in comparison to what we are used to, and it seems his staff appear to be far more enthusiastic than he. Dont get me wrong, he is nice, but just appears to lack a bit of oomph.

Our food and wine waiters are amazing, performing magic tricks at the table, and just really relaxed and fun to have around. We were lucky that Tom, (Shiraz49) ages ago, had managed to orginise a table of 7 of us from the early days of our roll call, so we have now become a really close knit little group, even meeting up in our cabins to drink the days offerings on shore. We have met everyone on our roll call, everyone lovely in their own way, but our little group of 7 rocks:)

Sandy, you must be champing at the bit for your holiday, and i hope you have an amzing time. The Dawn was in town the day we left, she looked great and said she cant wait to see you;) The Jewel was also in Auckland too. Hey Shiona, you are also off any day so best wishes on your trip too.

Anyway off to see if we can find some Bluff Oysters....will write more in the next few days...hugs all round....Jas:D

PS Erics leg is much better, making his way around the ship unaided which is good. He was slowing me down hehe;)

Glad to hear you're having a great time - what are your waiters names? We were on the Dawn in October and we had "Jimmy and Gene" both were leaving at the end of our cruise to go home for a break. Gene especially was good with the magic tricks. Enjoy what's left of your cruise.

We had Gavin on our May cruise last year we thought the same and he was the first cruise directer we ever had LOL.... his assistant Tim was much more out there.... we really like Warren on our sun princess cruise at xmas he had oodles more personality

joanne

I think we had him on one cruise too.

If its the one I am thinking of,

we only ever saw him on the cabin TV,

when he did the morning show,

but we were always too busy to watch.

Sometimes we put it on early evening and would say...

Oh is that what he looks like.:eek:

Sandy, you must be champing at the bit for your holiday, and i hope you have an amzing time. The Dawn was in town the day we left, she looked great and said she cant wait to see you;)

PS Erics leg is much better, making his way around the ship unaided which is good. He was slowing me down hehe;)

Haha Jas, glad to hear you are both having a great time and that Eric's leg is improving. Have been watching your progress on the web cam. I'm so excited inside that I am quite calm on the outside if you can possibly understand that!! Everyone else just thinks I'm loopy! :D

Well here i am logged on, as we had to miss Wellington today...real bummer, as this was one port we were really looking forward to:( The wind was very strong all night, to the point that our headboard was rattling (and not in the good way:p) You could here the wind howling for most of the night and it hadnt improved this morning, they attempted to get the tugs tied to the ship but to no avail. Its funny, how missing a port seems to displace people, and all of a sudden everything and everywhere on board are flooded with people. Still doesnt stop people from complaining...i have the perfect comeback to those people `If you could hold onto that complaint, please wait till tommorow, Its Sunday...tell God!!!! I really think the ships captain doesnt sit there and think of ways to p*ss off the passengers:eek:

So we now have this unplanned sea day. Think we will do the trivia this morning. We ate at the speciality restaurant last night and they had it outside under the stars on deck 14...right in front of the Movies under the star screen...it was a lovely night...just a shame they had to have a movie on, made trying to concentrate on conversation hard.

Anyway, hope all is well. Got lots of things to report but will keep that for when i get back....Hugs Jas:)

Well here i am logged on, as we had to miss Wellington today...real bummer, .....................Still doesnt stop people from complaining...i have the perfect comeback to those people `If you could hold onto that complaint, please wait till tommorow, Its Sunday...tell God!!!! I really think the ships captain doesnt sit there and think of ways to p*ss off the passengers:eek:

Jas, you are a scream - so funny!:D I'm sorry you had to miss Wellington - an excuse to go to NZ again. Just love your comeback - I've made a note of it for next week! Hope the rest is smooth sailing.

7 sleeps to go! Woo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Sorry to hear about the rough weather. I guess as a consolation if you're not in port being busy all day you can start those cocktails a bit earlier today. or book another spa treatment, or my favourite - do nothing)

You've also missed some wicked storms in Melbourne this week (Melton and Bacchus Marsh worst hit, Tom's place is fine as is Maureen's aunt). I had water up to my car door leaving work Thursday night, lots of trees down around us, but no major damage in our area.

It sounds like your group is having a great time, despite rough seas. Hope you all have a happy Valentine's day tomorrow and smoother seas ahead.

Happy cruising,

Catherine

Hi Jas and Eric. Glad to hear that you are managing to have a good time in spite of the weather.

It has been really bad here too in sydney.

Sorry you had to miss Wellington, hope you get to see the rest of the ports ok.

Now you have intrigued in your post when you return.

Let us know if they do anything nice for valentines day. Do YOU have anything planned.?

Having a great voyage dispite the seas ......

you can start those cocktails a bit earlier today.

Tom's place is fine as is Maureen's aunt). I had water up to my car door leaving work Thursday night

In order ..... we have and will continue to keep the bar staff happy :D

...... Good news, Thanks (are the emails getting through)

....... Hope the car is OK.

Assume you have the news about the lightning at Keiths place - OUCH.

Now 6:30 pm, next trivia session (with appropriate cocktails) at 6:45, Dinner under the Stars at the Steakhouse was very enjoyable, both the food and company, back to normal group dinner tonight.

ps we suck at trivia .... not enough cocktail related questions..

Reagrds Tom & Maureen.

Jas and Eric only get back the day before we sail, so I hope Jas reports in ASAP! Hint, hint ;)

Haha Sandy, now thats putting the pressure on! I have thought of lots to report back on, so i just need to make sure they stay fresh in my mind so i dont forget anything. This is the first time i have bought internet all cruise, so doing my best to stay off it...just killing some time before 8pm dinner...

:)

Hey everyone! We have just left Milford sound. OMG what amazing scenery:eek: Truly fantastic. They told us we had the best weather for the entire season today. Calm seas, and sunny skies, quite hard to get apparently....On our way home now :(

Oh, must tell you some good news...our balcony cabin seems to be directly over some lifeboat hydraulic that goes off randomly throughout the day and night...usually wakes us up, not too much of a concern but i asked them to investigate for us what the sound was exactly and see if it could be fixed. They advised us last night, it was this life boat thingee, and unfortunetly could not be fixed...they asked if $280 each!!! OBC may sooth the soul:p You better believe it will :D Oh, also remind me to tell you all about the upgrade fairy with various other passengers we have met...Hugs to all....Jas

Hey everyone! We have just left Milford sound. OMG what amazing scenery:eek: Truly fantastic. They told us we had the best weather for the entire season today. Calm seas, and sunny skies, quite hard to get apparently....On our way home now :(

Oh, must tell you some good news...our balcony cabin seems to be directly over some lifeboat hydraulic that goes off randomly throughout the day and night...usually wakes us up, not too much of a concern but i asked them to investigate for us what the sound was exactly and see if it could be fixed. They advised us last night, it was this life boat thingee, and unfortunetly could not be fixed...they asked if $280 each!!! OBC may sooth the soul:p You better believe it will :D Oh, also remind me to tell you all about the upgrade fairy with various other passengers we have met...Hugs to all....Jas

Hi Jas. I kept glancing at the web cam in between packing bits and pieces and could see the weather was gorgeous in the sounds. Hope it continues for the next two weeks.:) Wow, that's great news about the OBC. Don't spend it all at once, will you???? :D

They advised us last night, it was this life boat thingee, and unfortunetly could not be fixed...they asked if $280 each!!! OBC may sooth the soul You better believe it will Oh, also remind me to tell you all about the upgrade fairy with various other passengers we have met...Hugs to all....Jas

Bummer the thingee couldn't be fixed Jas.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D great news about the obc and so pleased the weather today was great.....aren't the fjords just breathtaking....enjoy the ride home......cheers Shiona

Great news about the OBC. Neat gift for you both. How many extra cocktails is that.

I agree The Sounds are breath taking. It was pouring rain, wet and windy when we were there but still could see the absolute beauty of the place.

Great news about the OBC. Neat gift for you both. How many extra cocktails is that.

I agree The Sounds are breath taking. It was pouring rain, wet and windy when we were there but still could see the absolute beauty of the place.

They are truly amazing!!! Would have to be one of the most splendid sights i have ever seen... well its our last day, sad its almost over but glad to be getting home. I dislocated my shoulder yesterday morning, but was able to pop it back in. I was reaching under the bed to grab our suitcase, and BAM it popped out. I have already had 2 ops on it, fortunetly i am not in any pain, although a tad annoyed the medical centre wouldnt sell me a sling unless i was actually consulted by the Dr..another Princess revenue raiser:confused: Have lots to share with everyone, will try and do a review tommorow after catching up with the puddy:p Hugs to all!!!

Archived