Jumping overboard is no joke!

highcbob

Wonder if HAL picked up the medical charges onboard and in Alaska ... or if the fated couple had to pay those amounts themselves.:p

Wasn't this incident around the time that some poor lady fell off a cruiseship (HAL?) in Alaska waters and washed ashore a couple days later? Actually, I think the reports later indicated that the lady had sold or given away all her worldly stuff and planned from the start to jump/commit suicide.

I say light hearted things all the time, and especially when my guard is down and I'm on vacation. Although I may stick my foot in mouth, I've not made this statement. I'm sure there must have been something more that must have influenced the ships decision.

Good job by HAL.

Threatening to jump overboard to try to get an upgrade? What do people think?

Actually, I can tell you that a lot of air passengers use the word "bomb" if they don't get what they want. They even think it is funny at the securtiy check of a high profile flight to Israel or Iran....

Saying stupid things in a light hearted way is one thing, but to say it in an argumentative way or in a rage (we don't know how it was said) is another story entirely. The crew of the Volendam must have had good reason to first send him to the infirmary and then to the hospital for evaluation.

Removing them from the ship was probably in the best interests of the Volendam and all who sailed on her during that voyage, congratulations HAL.

Actually, I can tell you that a lot of air passengers use the word "bomb" if they don't get what they want. They even think it is funny at the securtiy check of a high profile flight to Israel or Iran....

Maybe "a lot" would be an exageration. Like the dude discussed here, people who use the word "bomb" when travelling by air would possibly not be allowed to travel. There is consequences such as fines and even prison, as this is considered a threat to an aircraft's safety. It certainly would not increase their chances of getting anything...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived