Loyalty Ambassador on Voyager

39august

Where is the LA located on Voyager currently, please? They are usually in the "buisness center", but I have seen them located on deck 5. And does he/she have an appointment book out even when he is not present? I want to get an appointment as soon as possible to book our future cruise and get a preferred cabin.

Where is the LA located on Voyager currently, please? They are usually in the "buisness center", but I have seen them located on deck 5. And does he/she have an appointment book out even when he is not present? I want to get an appointment as soon as possible to book our future cruise and get a preferred cabin.

Peter is usually on deck 6 in the business center. He is NOT my favorite LA. He needs to take a course in friendliness. That's my personal opinion, but I've heard the same from others.

There seems to be no reason to book on board any longer. You can book for free on their internet stations and get whatever cabin you want.

They are the swiftest bunch on Voyager and can't do a thing you can't do yourself.

Definitely agree, Peter is not exactly customer friendly and way below some of the other LA's we have dealt with.

That was the consensus on the November/December TA unfortunately. He was pretty unwilling to deal with any issues regarding Crown & Anchor and much more interested in future bookings that were going to be quick and easy. :(

There seems to be no reason to book on board any longer. You can book for free on their internet stations and get whatever cabin you want.

They are the swiftest bunch on Voyager and can't do a thing you can't do yourself.

Onboard credits with the NextCruise program are still valuable for many of us.

Onboard credits with the NextCruise program are still valuable for many of us.

Yeah but if you've sailed before your in C&A and would get a better discount than the OBC credit they offer.

I suppose if you didn't know where you wanted to go the next cruise deal would be ok but other than that there's not really a benefit. The $100 deposit never seemed like a "deal" to us since you have to pay the whole cruise off eventually anyway...

Yeah but if you've sailed before your in C&A and would get a better discount than the OBC credit they offer.

Not true. My last NextCruise booking gave me a $300 Onboard Credit - 14-day sailing in an Inside Cabin.

I don't think you can find a better C&A discount than that one, but, feel free to try.

Not true. My last NextCruise booking gave me a $300 Onboard Credit - 14-day sailing in an Inside Cabin.

I don't think you can find a better C&A discount than that one, but, feel free to try.

Wow that's pretty good. They only ever seem to offer $50 when I've been on board. Was it related to you being D+ ?

That was the consensus on the November/December TA unfortunately. He was pretty unwilling to deal with any issues regarding Crown & Anchor and much more interested in future bookings that were going to be quick and easy. :(

We were trying to do a future booking on Celebrity. It became impossible to deal with him so we are making our own reservations. That trip was not the first time he has disappointed me. On another Voyager cruise he booked out and left a bunch of us in the Platinum/Diamond area to find our own way off the ship. By the time we realized he was not coming, we had to wait for everyone in the dining room to leave first. So much for C&A departure benefits. He knew he was going on vacation and should have alerted someone to it.

On a later cruise, I asked him about that incident and I got a "it's not my problem" answer.

There are plenty of friendly folks in the RCI reservation office. Since there is no longer any benefit for getting a next cruise booking when using a C&A upgrade for a balcony, I don't feel a need to bother with him.

We recently returned from a B2B on the Voyager, and we just decided to go ahead and book our 2011 B2B, although it wouldn't have benefitted us at all. We booked early in the first week, and Peter told us we would have the paperwork that night---no paperwork. We went back nearer the end of the week and were assured we would have paperwork that night---no paperwork! Fortunately, I had alerted our cruise agent in Dallas to watch for the forthcoming reservation. We

saw Peter again on the first night of our second week. He didn't have anyone there, so he said we would just do it right then. We left his desk, thinking all was well.

Thank goodness for wonderful Concierge, Israel, and a

wonderful cruise agent at home who finally got Peter's job done for him. On Wed after Peter supposedly had done the deposit on Sunday, our cruise agent got a notice that our booking was cancelled, due to a failure to pay the deposit!!!

We will never deal with Peter again, and I am in the midst of writing Miami about great, as well as incompetent, employees onboard Voyager. You may well guess from my summary above who will be the

incompettne employee. I think he drives more people away than he does good! :(

Cruzin Lady

We recently returned from a B2B on the Voyager, and we just decided to go ahead and book our 2011 B2B, although it wouldn't have benefitted us at all. We booked early in the first week, and Peter told us we would have the paperwork that night---no paperwork. We went back nearer the end of the week and were assured we would have paperwork that night---no paperwork! Fortunately, I had alerted our cruise agent in Dallas to watch for the forthcoming reservation. We

saw Peter again on the first night of our second week. He didn't have anyone there, so he said we would just do it right then. We left his desk, thinking all was well.

Thank goodness for wonderful Concierge, Israel, and a

wonderful cruise agent at home who finally got Peter's job done for him. On Wed after Peter supposedly had done the deposit on Sunday, our cruise agent got a notice that our booking was cancelled, due to a failure to pay the deposit!!!

We will never deal with Peter again, and I am in the midst of writing Miami about great, as well as incompetent, employees onboard Voyager. You may well guess from my summary above who will be the

incompettne employee. I think he drives more people away than he does good! :(

Cruzin Lady

That happened to us last year on the voyager too, but it was a different LA. wonder why they can't get a good one??

Signing up in the appointment book is like having an appointment at your doctor's office. It is a license to wait.

I, too, received less than decent service from the LA on the VOS on our trans-Atlantic in December. I signed up for the first appointment in the afternoon, arrived 15 minutes prior to that appointment, to find him working with someone else who had a gazillion questions and each answer bringing forth three more questions. After 1/2 hour after my appointment time, the fellow still there, I had places to go, and being told three or four times it would be just a couple of more minutes, I let them know how inconvenienced I had been. I reset the appointment for another time (first one in the morning as much as I didn't like having to be there at 9:00 a.m.) and that if I was treated this shabbily again, letters would be flying to every e-mail addy, snail mail addy, I could find up to and including Adam Goldstein.

We got there at 8:45 about the time he did but he didn't start the booking process until 9:00.

I took great satisfaction marking "poor" on the exit survey for the LA.

Tucker in Texas

Wow! I don't see how he has kept his job. I will be all over this thanks to all your responses.

Cause not everyone does not like him...............I have known Peter for quite a while now.....from other ships and I think he does a fine job......I have never had a problem and actually consider him a friend.

Cause not everyone does not like him...............I have known Peter for quite a while now.....from other ships and I think he does a fine job......I have never had a problem and actually consider him a friend.

Thank you for some reassurance! We will be aboard the Voyager next month, and the LA from the Radiance wrote to Peter, as we asked for our crystal, which we were entitled to on the Radiance, be given to us on the Voyager, as we already have one Radiance block.

I'm sure that he will take good care of us!!:);)

Rick

I just got off of the Voyager and booked a future cruise with Peter and he was great and my appointment was on time. Just make sure to make an appointment as soon as you can when you get on board. The appointment book was always on the desk when he was not there and he also extended hours the last night of our cruise.

Someone else had walked up and Peter had asked them if they had an appointment and the guy said no and then asked if I had one and I did and sat down and booked my future cruise within a few minutes. He was friendly.

Thank you for some reassurance! We will be aboard the Voyager next month, and the LA from the Radiance wrote to Peter, as we asked for our crystal, which we were entitled to on the Radiance, be given to us on the Voyager, as we already have one Radiance block.

I'm sure that he will take good care of us!!:);)

Rick

I too am sure that Peter will take good care of you. I have also known him for a while and have NEVER had anything but good experiences with him. He has always been friendly, helpful and considerate. The LAs as well as the rest of the crew and staff are people also and they live a hard life as anyone who has been away from family for extended periods of time knows. Please lets give them a break!!

Rubrrick, make sure you check about your crystal when you get on board, on the transatlantic on Voyager in November we got our block for our 50th cruise. Our friends were also entitled to their 50th block - Peter didn't want to know and Israel, the Concierge was kind enough to get it for them, although they didn't get to take part in the presentation he'd arranged for others. That didn't bother our friends, but I could imagine that some people would be very upset.

We think Israel is fantastic, and he is in a perfect position for his personality. :) We have enjoyed him so much. Also, he is always working---actually doing work, even after his listed hours in the C Lounge.

There are lots of other great RC employees on Voyager. We personally know many who are definitely happy to make Royal service happen! :D

Cruzin Lady

Archived