Ruby Princess: photos and menus posted

Infi

Well, they say "better late than never" so I hope it's true for these photos. :) I wanted to share our photos from the Ruby Princess Christmas cruise. Here's the link:

There are pictures of all the menus and food, the islands, and hundreds of pictures of the ship itself, decorated for Christmas. Just click on each album to view those photos. Note: I didn't take these photos, they were all taken by my daughter, so credit goes to her.

Enjoy, and I hope future cruisers find these useful. :)

Well, they say "better late than never" so I hope it's true for these photos. :) I wanted to share our photos from the Ruby Princess Christmas cruise. Here's the link:

There are pictures of all the menus and food, the islands, and hundreds of pictures of the ship itself, decorated for Christmas. Just click on each album to view those photos. Note: I didn't take these photos, they were all taken by my daughter, so credit goes to her.

Thank you. We were on the Ruby's third voyage and will be embarking again in April. Always nice to reminisce.

Amazing photos. Kudos to your daughter. I didn't get through them all yet, I needed to stop and eat - because I started my viewing at the menus! :D

We board the Ruby two weeks from tomorrow - can't wait.

Thank you so much for posting! The pictures are great and I've been searching for 10 day menus to no avail!

Can anyone who has sailed recently tell me if the menus (except for the Xmas dinner one) are the same for all 10 day sailings on the Ruby and in the same order? I am trying to plan the nights for the specialty restaurants and want to book as soon as we are on board.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for posting! The pictures are great and I've been searching for 10 day menus to no avail!

Can anyone who has sailed recently tell me if the menus (except for the Xmas dinner one) are the same for all 10 day sailings on the Ruby and in the same order? I am trying to plan the nights for the specialty restaurants and want to book as soon as we are on board.

Thanks!

The menus are usually the same and in the same order...

Infi, Thank you for sharing DD's photos and tell Crissy ( is that what she ws trying to tell us?) thank you. She is one lucky girl to be able to go on so many cruises and is taking all opportunities to record her memories with these fantastic pictures. Good for her!!!

Nice photos, very comprehensive. I love seeing the differences between the ships. Princess keeps the look very similar, but makes small but noticeable changes. Things like the wall design in the Piazza and different between the Crown, Emerald and Ruby. I haven't been on the Ruby yet so it was nice to see it in photos.

Thanks for the great pictures. I especially enjoyed the food and menu pictures. It looks like there have been some changes in IC. Last April they had a couple of big cakes and pies all afternoon and evening. Now it looks like the desserts are mostly individual servings. The yogurt parfaits in the a.m. are new too.

Do they toast the panini's and croissant sandwiches if you ask? The sandwiches always looked kind of pale to me, but if they were toasted they'd be great.

Okay, I made the mistake of starting with the menu album -- I had to stop after 7 pages because I was drooling all over my keyboard. They're fantastic photos, a big thank you to your daughter for taking the time to document everything so thoroughly. And I cracked up at the caption under the photo of the tea time sandwich tray: "something gross, I don't know what." Too funny.

Can't wait to look at the rest of the photos -- just as soon as I go fix myself a snack!

Thanks, everyone - I'm so happy that you all enjoyed the photos and they were helpful. :) To all those sailing soon, enjoy your cruises!

Hllwdcruiser - I think the menus should be in the same order, but I'm not 100% sure. (I know our menu order differed from a previous cruise.) When you go make the specialty restaurant reservations, ask "what night is italian night" etc. and they'll be happy to tell you.

FritzG - I don't remember seeing any toasters at the IC, but if you asked maybe they could accommodate you? great idea, by the way - I might try asking myself!

TorontoTL - You're right, there are very small differences in design from ship to ship. DD notices that kind of stuff more than I do, but she pointed out the Piazza wall design to me, along with some other things. Good eye!

Rdsqrl - ah, yes, the peanut gallery commentary. I haven't looked through all the photos myself (bad me, but really, there's thousands!), but I've seen quite a few of the comments on the food items. glad they gave you a chuckle, I laughed out loud a few times when I saw them too.

Thanks from me too, the photos were outstanding.

I was interested to see that on your cruise you could enjoy the wonderful French night menu, which I thought had been discontinued. Let's hope it's there when I take the same 10 nighter on the Emerald this October. French Onion soup, Escargots, Duck, Raspberry Creme Brulee.....heavenly:D

Thanks, kool kruiser and angelina! Kool kruiser, this was my first experience with the French night menu, I was surprised to see it. It's a nice menu, because anything with escargots is great. :)

Angelina - how cute that you took notes on the menus! It does help with the specialty restaurant nights, I agree. Remember, you can always ask "what night is xxx menu" when you go to make your specialty restaurant reservation, just to double check you're getting the right night. Have a great cruise.

Archived