Ruby Princess: photos and menus posted

Infi

I'm surprised to see this thread is still alive and kicking after so long! Thanks for the kind comments, BballinQT, Jerseyguys, and Oceans3. :)

Okay, one or two questions, now three, how many memory cards? Or did you just bring a portable hard drive and download? And what kind of camera?

Okay, one or two questions, now three, how many memory cards? Or did you just bring a portable hard drive and download? And what kind of camera?

I had to ask DD these questions, as she's the photographer in this house. (I'm lucky if I can take a picture without getting a hand or finger in the shot.) So, here's the answers: She uses a Sony DSC W-1, and used most of two memory cards (4gb and a 512mb one) on this cruise. No laptop or hard drive for us. I don't know how she takes so many pictures (and video), but she does it every time. :confused:

I had to ask DD these questions, as she's the photographer in this house. (I'm lucky if I can take a picture without getting a hand or finger in the shot.) So, here's the answers: She uses a Sony DSC W-1, and used most of two memory cards (4gb and a 512mb one) on this cruise. No laptop or hard drive for us. I don't know how she takes so many pictures (and video), but she does it every time. :confused:

Thanks for the info. It seems like a lot of high quality photos on just 2 cards, but I could be wrong.

Our DS will take up the task next month!

Well, they say "better late than never" so I hope it's true for these photos. :) I wanted to share our photos from the Ruby Princess Christmas cruise. Here's the link:

There are pictures of all the menus and food, the islands, and hundreds of pictures of the ship itself, decorated for Christmas. Just click on each album to view those photos. Note: I didn't take these photos, they were all taken by my daughter, so credit goes to her.

Enjoy, and I hope future cruisers find these useful. :)

Great pics. We disembarked the day you boarded.

Your pictures were great. We were on the 2nd. sailing of the Ruby, and we loved the ship. Ship is by far our favorite ship. Thanks for sharing your pictures. You have now gave me the cruise bug, worse then I already had it. lol. Carol

Again, your photos are outstanding. Usually, on sea days after my morning exercise regimen, I will repair to the pizza bar for a few slices. However, after viewing some of your pictures, I may change that regimen on our March 10 cruise. By the way, is the International Cafe an additional charge venue?

Thanks to everyone again for your comments on the photos. :)

Jackdiamond, to answer your questions, yes, all the food in the International Cafe is free. Most people don't realize this and stay away for that reason, so it's a nice, quiet place until folks figure out that secret. The only item there is a charge for is the gelato, I believe it's a $1/scoop. As for the seafood buffet, I didn't visit it, but DD did later in the evening and said there were no lobster claws, just crab claws, shrimp, and fish.

Oceans3, thanks for the compliment to DD. I look forward to seeing your DS's photos, please share them when you get back.

Well, they say "better late than never" so I hope it's true for these photos. :) I wanted to share our photos from the Ruby Princess Christmas cruise. Here's the link:

There are pictures of all the menus and food, the islands, and hundreds of pictures of the ship itself, decorated for Christmas. Just click on each album to view those photos. Note: I didn't take these photos, they were all taken by my daughter, so credit goes to her.

Enjoy, and I hope future cruisers find these useful. :)

Thanks for taking the time to post the menus & pic's. Didn't even think to grab them when we were on her back in October. If anyone wants to look at the Patters from the October T/A, I have them posted on my flickr account. Link is in my signature....:):):)

Bob

• 7 months later...
awesome photos...

I am going to miss the international cafe on my next cruise (I adored their tuna sandwiches, and tiramisu)

but it's not like I'll suffer.

I so want to try to remember to take pics this time

Those tuna sandwiches were definitely tasty. I enjoyed several of them when we sailed the Ruby. I also enjoyed the breakfast stuff as well.....:):):)

Bob

Archived