Preconceived opinions

camperhawk

For all those with preconceived notions..just a question? Do you picture a poster differently than they my appear on-line and posting? I will tell you why I am asking....at a CC group get together, had someone say I never pictured you like you are, another knew me immediately. Just wondering?

Besides the fact that I have a big ole crush on a regular poster here!:D

For all those with preconceived notions..just a question? Do you picture a poster differently than they my appear on-line and posting? I will tell you why I am asking....at a CC group get together, had someone say I never pictured you like you are, another knew me immediately. Just wondering?

Besides the fact that I have a big ole crush on a regular poster here!:D

I'm sorry. I'm married..

Absolutely. On another board I am on I had a Richard Simmons avatar for quite some time. He amuses me, what can I say? Anyway, they were quite surprised that I wasn't sporting a brown fro and was actually a tall woman rather than a short man :P

I have to say I do have quite the mental pic of some of the most seen posters. Let's see, we all see G'ma, Conchhead, Stevaaaa, Halos, NuNu, and of course Host Mach everywhere. Not that I'm sayin I've envisioned all these people as bitter old ladies.... (jj), but the people I see on here tons.. you get to feel like you know them. kinda.:rolleyes:

Absolutely. On another board I am on I had a Richard Simmons avatar for quite some time. He amuses me, what can I say? Anyway, they were quite surprised that I wasn't sporting a brown fro and was actually a tall woman rather than a short man :P

Thanks that what I was asking, sort of?

I have to say I do have quite the mental pic of some of the most seen posters. Let's see, we all see G'ma, Conchhead, Stevaaaa, Halos, NuNu, and of course Host Mach everywhere. Not that I'm sayin I've envisioned all these people as bitter old ladies.... (jj), but the people I see on here tons.. you get to feel like you know them. kinda.:rolleyes:

Not even going there!:D Yep kinda.

How funny!!!!

At the end of this week, I will be meeting a whole bunch of CC folks - on the Dream. It IS going to be strange to have a real person there instead of this conjured up individual. Some of them have photos of themselves as part of their page/signature (like I do) - and that will make some part of it easier. However - a 3 dimensional walking talking breathing vision is quite a change from the 2 dimensional quiet one.:eek:

We recently did an internet girlfriend meetup in Vegas. Even though we all knew from photos what everyone looked like there was still that, "is she going to act the same way she does on line?" Before you see those pics though, you get all sorts of pictures in your head about what the person looks like simply based upon their writing style and word choices. It's fun having one of those "reveal" threads where you show photos of yourself. People usually look completely different than how I picture them in my head.

A lot of people don't get the Buffett reference in my CC name, and many don't recognize he's the one in my picture. Before I put our formal night picture in my signature, many thought I was a man (INSPITE of my actual CC name), LOL.

Although on a roll call, we've always posted/emailed pics of ourselves to aid in recognizing people on the ship.

A lot of people don't get the Buffett reference in my CC name, and many don't recognize he's the one in my picture. Before I put our formal night picture in my signature, many thought I was a man (INSPITE of my actual CC name), LOL.

Although on a roll call, we've always posted/emailed pics of ourselves to aid in recognizing people on the ship.

On my roll call they said it was an aid in avoiding people. :confused:

I can attest to this. Its obvious Nunu is really a bitter old lady. She disguises it with all that humor.

I don't form a mental picture of posters on message boards, I do however "hear" a voice as I read their words and each one is a bit different. Some of you don't want to "hear" what I "hear".

OP, don't get your hopes up unless appearance is secondary in importance.

i believe we all have preconceived notions. It is easier to picture them and hear their voices. It helps to keep everyone's posts separated

I too hear a voice, tone, inflection etc when I read a post. You know the ones: the whiners, the condescending, the know it alls, the ones who just want to have fun, the helpful, the experts (some in their own minds), I could go on. Just from some posts there are members who I would love to meet in person and cruise with and there are others that I am grateful that I don't have to cross paths with. When I met up with some CC members on a cruise one time - I had one say that I was exactly what they imagined and another one said they did not invision me to be fat (I am fluffy but not that big) We had a laugh over that one and we still are friends to this day. I took no offense it was just her observation.

Some of you don't want to "hear" what I "hear".

Your comment made me think of this statement:

I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Personally I think it should be the CC motto~~ :D

Oh and that is me up there ^

I know people seemed surprised by our height. I am 5'9-but with heels- 6'. John is 6'4. I know people thought the glasses we were wearing were our sunglasses...lol a couple people were surprised to see us without them! BTW, those are glasses from ********* 3D at Universal Studios...

I definitely hear a "voice" based on a person's writing style. Sometimes FI reads them to me and makes up voices for each person :D It's kind of funny.

Archived