Cash for OBC at End of Cruise

bala1130

We seem to be collecting more and more OBC for our upcoming cruise in April, including:

• RCCL Visa point OBC - $550
  • TA OBC - $75 per cabin
  • Price reduction OBC - Waiting for an exact number for this one
  • Stock OBC - $100

I have heard some of these can be refunded in cash of you do not use them all.

• Which ones can be refunded?
  • How does this work?
  • Will all the non-refundable ones be used first automatically?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

you need to check with the specific terms of agreement for each source of the OBC for this information. Since the money is not coming from RCI in most cases, it's dependent on the source of the credit.

Usually most OBC are non-refundable.

We seem to be collecting more and more OBC for our upcoming cruise in April, including:

• RCCL Visa point OBC - $550
  • TA OBC - $75 per cabin
  • Price reduction OBC - Waiting for an exact number for this one
  • Stock OBC - $100

I have heard some of these can be refunded in cash of you do not use them all.

• Which ones can be refunded?
  • How does this work?
  • Will all the non-refundable ones be used first automatically?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

The first three are refundable, the Stock OBC is not.

Your stock will be used first. You can go to Guest Relations on the last day of your cruise and request any unspent cash to settle your account.

If you are using a credit card, any unused OBC will be credited back to the card on file. However, if you are using an RCI Visa, that credit will cost you to lose double points.

I have $460 in onboard credit that we earned through a price drop on our cabin - this is for the first week of our B2B. If there is $$ left over, I want to be able to cash it out and put it against the second week's sea pass bill.

What OBC is eligible to be cashed out, and what isn't?:confused:

I have $460 in onboard credit that we earned through a price drop on our cabin - this is for the first week of our B2B. If there is $$ left over, I want to be able to cash it out and put it against the second week's sea pass bill.

Just go to Guest Relations and ask for any OBC from a price drop that is not spent.

Any money that you receive from a price drop is actually your money.........because it was included in your final payment and therefore you are entitled to it.

The first three are refundable, the Stock OBC is not.

Your stock will be used first. You can go to Guest Relations on the last day of your cruise and request any unspent cash to settle your account.

If you are using a credit card, any used OBC will be credited back to the card on file. However, if you are using an RCI Visa, that credit will cost you to lose double points.

Think you want an "un" here.:)

Robyn,

We've got $420 from a price drop and have been told that it will be credit to the credit card on file. I'm not sure how they'll do it on a B2B but the worst is you'll have a credit on the first leg and will need to pay the second. I know that's a PITA but at least you won't lose it. I'm not sure they'll keep an account open for both legs but in your position I'd be on the phone with Royal Carib and even verify the answer at the Purser's desk once on board.

Robyn,

We've got $420 from a price drop and have been told that it will be credit to the credit card on file. I'm not sure how they'll do it on a B2B but the worst is you'll have a credit on the first leg and will need to pay the second. I know that's a PITA but at least you won't lose it. I'm not sure they'll keep an account open for both legs but in your position I'd be on the phone with Royal Carib and even verify the answer at the Purser's desk once on board.

When doing a b2b, each cruise is handled separately and you have an account for each. Once the first cruise is over, your account is closed, and all charges/credits are applied to the cc on file.

Since all credit information is automatically transferred from the first cruise to the second (unless she changes credit cards) any unused OBC will appear on her credit card in the form of a credit.

If both cruises are being done within her current billing cycle, then whatever she spends on the second cruise will be listed on her cc as charges, but will be absorbed by any credit from the first cruise.

Archived