FLL to Key West?

wildernesslady

I wanted to see how long the drive is from FLL to Key West. We are thinking of going there and need to use Southwest credits. I think this if furthest south they fly. Thanks for any help.

it's about 190 miles. So it'll take youa little over 3 hours, depending upon Miami traffic. Flight distance on SW(more straight line)is about 150 miles and will take you about 20 minutes. Plus the hour and a half or more at the airport before the flight takes off.

I wanted to see how long the drive is from FLL to Key West. We are thinking of going there and need to use Southwest credits. I think this if furthest south they fly. Thanks for any help.

Going all of the way down to Key West could take you between 3.5 hours and 4. There are obviously many points along the Keys would are nice such as Key Largo and Islamorada. It depends on the day and time in which you go. From FLL, I suggest taking the turnpike heading South towards Miami and the Homestead as opposed to taking I-95 to Rte. 1 as you can be sitting on Rte 1 for hours. (Once again, depends on the time and day). Just thought I would let you know based on my experience.

maybe I can clarify

from FLL you'd be wize to get on the FL turnpike and then take the turnpike extension around Miami until it ends at US1 at the south side of Homestead.

Then you will take US 1 through the Keys to Key West . . .

Plan on a four hour drive. I've never made it in any less.

Does Southwest fly to Key West?

Looks like it's mostly Continental for direct flights and they are limited. Otherwise you do the connection route through Tampa or Atlanta either coming or going. Certainly not a time or money saver way to go.

Archived