Suggestions for hotel at Miami port???

remidog

We always stay on South Beach when we're there. It's like having another port. Great night life, great beach. 10 minute cab ride to the port. It's a little more expensive than staying near the port. If you're just looking for a place to crash, stay at the Holiday Inn or the other hotel that everyone always recommends that is near the port. But if you're coming in early the day before and want to check out the beach, stay in one of the hotels there. The Clevelander is nice.. http://www.clevelander.com/

Looking for suggestions for good hotels and locations for a night b4 cruise stay near shopping, restaurants, ect.... (maybe transfers too...):p:o

The Holiday Inn - POM is a perfect location for shopping and restaurants. It is located across the street from Bayside Market Place, which we really like going to. If you are curious, you can pull Bayside up on the internet and check it out.

Sue

Looking for suggestions for good hotels and locations for a night b4 cruise stay near shopping, restaurants, ect.... (maybe transfers too...):p:o

Either the Intercontinental or the Holiday Inn are close to the pier and you can walk to the BayMarket mall which is really a fun place. I think the interCont is much nicer, but for one night, either is fine.

Nita

HI-POM...i was really SURPRISED how we LIKED this for our 1 night stay back in January....from all the reviews and then the recent talk of BAYSIDE....we had a GREAT time at BAYSIDE...walking around "shopping"

and eating at Bubba Gumps!!!

also our room at HI POM was very NICE and CLEAN and we were on the top floor with a GREAT view of the port-we found the staff very NICE and HELPFUL and would not hesitate to stay there again!!!...was so COOL to walk in and see the ships out the window in front of us...i didnt even think to ask about the port view rooms and were really surprised to see WE GOT ONE!!!

We just stayed at the Best Western Inn on the Bay in North Bay village and loved it. Not near much shopping but within walking distance to decent restaurants, liquor store, has a good pool and free breakfast and a $30.00 shuttle to the pier. It's outside the Miami "experience", but that's what we were looking for.

The Holiday Inn POM is a dump and you can get the Intercontinental which is a luxury hotel for sometimes less money.

Bayside Marketplace is a tourist trap.

There are so many other nicer areas of Miami (Key Biscayne, South Beach, Bal Harbour, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove) that are indicative of what Miami really is than downtown.

FWIW, unless you are a twenty something that parties, I'd probably skip The Clevelander. When they unvieled their multi million dollar renovation last year, the updated rooms were made "vomit proof".

Oh good. A nice little selling point on the website. LOL! BH, you never cease to crack me up! Bwahahahahaaaa!!!!!

It is true! The mattresses are all sealed in heavy duty plastic, the mattresses sit on boxes which are caulked to the floor. No carpet on the floor. The room can be hosed down.

They did an awesome job on the renovation but it is still more of a place for the twenty something party crowd.

Would I stay there? For one night if I had to because it really is a nice hotel.

Archived