red sea voyage oct 28th 2010

anyone tell me if we,ll have time for an excursion on last day in sharm as were flying home 1945 also what about luggage as we,ll have to exit cabin.are there any trips that get us back in time for coach to airport? Ade.

There were three trips offered on the last day in Sharm;

Glass bottomed boat - to see the coral reefs £24 approx 2hrs departing 09.00

Ras Mohamed by boat - boat trip with panoramic views of coral reef plus opportunity to snorkel/swim £32 approx 4.5hrs departing 08.00

Quad bikes - across the desert £30 approx 3.5 hrs departing 09.00

I guess all three would be ok for timing as I don't expect you'd leave for the airport until mid-afternoon.

You have got time to walk into Old Sharm in the morning if you want to. We didn't think there was a lot there but there are some shops for last minute souvenirs - although you will probably have seen more/better elsewhere during your cruise.

Your hold luggage will have to be put outside your cabin by 2am/3am? the night before so you'll have to keep what you need for the day in your hand luggage. You can leave hand luggage in a supervised area for the day if you're going off the ship - just keeping your passport/valuables/money/flight tickets with you for safety. There are courtesy cabins available on departure day too. I seem to remember that they said you can have access to your hold luggage quay-side before you leave for the airport so if you need to add a few of your overnight things to your suitcases you can.

Hope this answers your questions ok.

thanks kruzseeker i fancy doing glass bottom boat trip.plenty of time yet.can we still eat on ship as were AI i assume so. also thanks mtt and gosport11,see you on board.ade.

Yes, your ship's card is valid until you leave the ship for the last time on your final day. You will be able to have a decent meal on board after your excursion (make the most of it - I thought prices for snacks etc. were quite expensive at the airport) and make the most of your AI! ;)

Sharm airport is expensive and very hectic, we had a good meal before we set off , we were due to leave the ship at 16.55 for a 19.25 flight its 17.05 for a 19.45 flight

What deck are you on, we are on deck 6, looking forward, can't wait for oct to arrive, and hoping there may be something done for halloween

• 2 weeks later...

hi mtt ,were on deck 3/4 but i was thinking of booking an upgrade to 6 or 7 but havnt bothered.we dont spend too much time in cabin and they are much bigger than the destiny cabins it looks like so we thought we,d stay as we are.still tempted though.were A I as well so looking forward to sipping a drink on deck as we cruise.ade.

I think you'll find the cabins on Celebration are much more spacious than on Destiny, ade. And if you're not planning on spending much time in there, I'd save the up-grade towards trips as to make the most of this itinerary, it's quite expensive on the excursions. On this cruise we found our excursion costs were much higher than usual. We generally do a mix of ship and DiY (cheaper) trips, but it's not practical really from these ports and the sights are sooooo impressive, they're not to be missed really. It's all a personal choice and I know others prefer suites but we find the cabins very acceptable.

My OH took the snorkelling trip on the last morning, and was back on the ship by 12.30 or so. He could have 20mins free in a courtesy cabin for a shower. We'd left our hand luggage in the cinema, where you're given a ticket, and he left the ship to put his snorkelling gear in his big case soon after having lunch, when it had dried out a little.

And today we've booked again for next Jan! :D:D:D

Jo.

S6301814.jpg.e81ed78a94ef5acab5726ba6685bff6f.jpg

well kruzseeker thats how we think.ive looked at cabin sizes and their 147 square feet compared to 111 on destiny so we,ll stay as we are i think.as you say were thinking we,d rather spend the money on the trips etc.be nice though to be up on 6 or 7 as long as you havnt got a lifeboat outside.but as long as the beds ok we,ll be happy.looking forward to seeing sights weve learnt so much about in our lives it will be magic to see them.will it be hot at that time of year?what about evenings is it cold?wife already wondering what to take.got a week in perranporth in august so im not going to worry untill after that.tho looking forward to it.

Archived