smoking ploicy on balconies

spikkel

dear sir, we booked 2 cruises with azamara quest on dec 9 en dec 21 2010, we have a cabin with balcony, why can't we smoke on the balcony?

On cruises with rccl end ncl i always bring my own ashtray, with top, so the ash can't blow away and then it's no problem

hope to hera!

kind regards Annelies

You may need to look at another line as Azamara is pretty strict about their smoking policies. There are smokers areas on the ship but they do not want you to smoke in your cabin OR on your balcony. As a former smoker, I appreciate this a lot as I'm sure others do. Nothing else worse than getting the effects of second hand smoke.

You should have checked out the smoking policy before you booked. Your smoke on your balcony would blow on to someone else's balcony. And it's a fire hazard. Perhaps you should change your cruise to another company since it is a year off. I don't understand smokers who don't want to follow the rules they agree to when entering into a cruise contract.

There are or maybe where only 2 places to smoke on board,on out side on the pooldeck and a small area in the looking glass more they pity,also people still smoke on balconies and hang over the edge, you can smell it so every one knows :(:):)

If Azamara is anything like Oceania, of which it is called a clone, smoking on your balcony or any other non designated area on the ship will not be tolerated. Oceania gives only one warning to smokers who do not follow the rules. It seems you made a bad choice to cruise on Azamara. :mad:

You can not smoke on balconies on RCL any more either. As stated above, it is a fire hazard and the smoke blows from your balcony to your neighbors. The buts also blow around. If you wish to smoke on your balcony you need to look at another line other than RCL which owns both Azamara and Celebrity. Sorry

Hello Spikkel !

I've moved this question off the Ask Mr Pimentel question thread, as your question has been previously asked and answered on this forum.

The answer is NO. You cannot smoke on your Balcony. This is Azamara's policy.

Please do not ask this question again, as the answer is not going to change. If you have further smoking questions, please contact Azamara. Thank you !

tHanks Andy for your post to this question, I find it hard to believe that these questons come up on the boards, when all they have to do is access the Azamara Web site and you guessed it, there is their answer

Hi Palamoh !

Thank You for your nice comments. I believe the member was not fully aware of what to expect, so he asked, and I gave him the answer. It's all good.

As the question has been asked and answered, and to avoid any smoking battles, I am closing this thread.

Archived