Disappointing pictures of Spirit Veranda cabins

cruzemaven

Debbie,

looking at your picture it seems that it would be difficult to recline the chair and stretch out facing the sea,sideways looks better, but with two of you on the balcony it looks too small.Thanks for your response.

This looks a much smaller balcony than the standard verandahs on the Odyssey.I know that both are in the brochures as being 65 Sq Ft.

Not to burst your bubble, but you can point your chair (flat down) in any direction with plenty of area. It might be the only space that is not inferrior to Odyssey. Are you happy now?

Got to love a guy that looks at a room and deems it to be fine, then moves to his superior quarters.

This doesn't do the balcony justice since it only shows one of the two seats and not the width.

Balcony looks great to me ... I'll definitely enjoy it (especially since I've never had one before:))

Thankx for posting the pic Debbie.

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

It is unforgiveable that a new ship has such badly designed suites.This makes the choice of booking a Silver suite the only option.Silver suites have been my choice on Shadow and whisper also.

You have quite the strong opinions, Lord. Can I ask--do you work in the travel industry or have any ties--financial or otherwise--to other lines? If not, that's fine--I would just like to know. Your opinions are so strong, especially for someone who hasn't tried the product in question, therefore not giving you the same basis as others, whose opinions you do discount.

I have been told by some SS passengers that you are a travel agent with some special ties to another line, but I most probably am misinformed.

You know, I have to speak up. The suites are not "badly designed". They are lovely. The one area that is not the greatest is the narrow passage between the bed and mirror/make-up table/stool. The rest is just wonderful and a step up from the other Silversea ships. We were on the maiden voyage so have experienced them first hand.

I use make-up, but do mine in the bathroom. I used the area in question for drying my hair, but just sat on the bed instead of the stool and my husband and daughter could pass by if needed for the 15 minutes that I sat there every two days. I think some of you are making way too big of a deal about this.

Again, it is narrow but the rest of the suite more than makes up for it - in my opinion. People have different priorities, so making blanket statements that the suite is badly designed is inappropriate. As people actually experience the suite, then they can decide for themselves.

I couldn't agree more with your view. As you know, we were on the maiden voyage for 27 days and very much enjoyed the suite layout.

So many strong opinions from people who have never laid an eye on one of the suites except from a photograph.

IF we manage to climb aboard the Spirit one of these days, we will report back with accurate (to the inch) tape measurements of all the relevant dimensions. Won't that be objective and helpful?

meow! if you climb aboard the Spirit in Barbados in November, I will help u:D:D

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

You have quite the strong opinions, Lord. Can I ask--do you work in the travel industry or have any ties--financial or otherwise--to other lines? If not, that's fine--I would just like to know. Your opinions are so strong, especially for someone who hasn't tried the product in question, therefore not giving you the same basis as others, whose opinions you do discount.

I have been told by some SS passengers that you are a travel agent with some special ties to another line, but I most probably am misinformed.

Yes,you are misinformed.

You only have to read these boards and speak to people that have been on the Spirit to know what the good and the bad is about the ship.

I have over 400 days with Silversea and many more with other lines.

Not to burst your bubble, but you can point your chair (flat down) in any direction with plenty of area. It might be the only space that is not inferrior to Odyssey. Are you happy now?

Got to love a guy that looks at a room and deems it to be fine, then moves to his superior quarters.

The picture does not suggest this,that is why I asked Debbie about the space available.

Getting back to the shape of the cabin: assuming that at this level nobody wants an inside cabin, however luxurious, isn't it inevitable that as ships get bigger and wider, standard cabins get longer but no wider? And isn't that going to make them look thinner if you stand at one end and look towards the other end? (I never could walk past the end of the bed at the same time as my wife sat at the dressing table, even on Wind or Whisper.)

Debbie,

looking at your picture it seems that it would be difficult to recline the chair and stretch out facing the sea,sideways looks better, but with two of you on the balcony it looks too small.Thanks for your response.

This looks a much smaller balcony than the standard verandahs on the Odyssey.I know that both are in the brochures as being 65 Sq Ft.

This pic is showing about half the balcony or so, maybe 2/3. It seemed to me there was room to put the chair back a bit. It is bigger than on the other SS ships, and the seats are better. Definitely the door to get out is better.

My recent post of many photos on the All Things Spirit thread didn't include the Veranda balcony, but here are a couple. Ignore the man behind the curtain. This balcony was roomier than the Shadow/Whisper and quite pleasant. The chairs were very comfortable and reclined well. Had a number of lovely snoozes.

Veranda balcony/ Veranda balcony

My recent post of many photos on the All Things Spirit thread didn't include the Veranda balcony, but here are a couple. Ignore the man behind the curtain. This balcony was roomier than the Shadow/Whisper and quite pleasant. The chairs were very comfortable and reclined well. Had a number of lovely snoozes.

Veranda balcony/ Veranda balcony

Fantastic pics...thankx Wellseasoned.

Looks like I'm never gonna leave my balcony! :D:D

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Archived