Carnival Excursion in Belize?

sunlover5

We went on this Carnival excursion in January. It was a last minute decision and we were very glad that we booked it. The beach that we went to was Bannister Island. It was absolutely beautiful! I would do this excursion again in a heartbeat. Let me know if you have any other questions.:)

We went on this Carnival excursion in January. It was a last minute decision and we were very glad that we booked it. The beach that we went to was Bannister Island. It was absolutely beautiful! I would do this excursion again in a heartbeat. Let me know if you have any other questions.:)

We are doing this in April and I was wondering of you can you buy souvenirs at the beach or do we have to tender into Belize?

We did this excursion and enjoyed it! Bannister Island is beautiful, and has a gift shop for souvenirs, but very expensive. They had two different times to do this excursion, and we chose the morning. Would you like to see some pictures of Bannister Island?

Sure, that would be great!!

My husband and my boss did that excursion two years ago. We are going back with our kids on the Valor, and my husband and 23 year old son are going to do that one. We have snorkeled at some great places over the years, but my husband that that this was the best by far. He can't wait to go back - we specifically booked this itinerary so he could go on this particular excursion.

Hope this helps!

I'm confused, I have read on the boards that Carnival no longer goes to Bannister Island. :confused:

Carnvial has 2 snorkling excursions on their website;

Goff's Caye and Barrier Reef Snorkle at Turneffe w/beach break.

So is the one at Turneffe Bannister Island???? Is this the one with the great snorkling??? If it is, can someone go and just relax on beach, as my sister does not want to snorkle!!??

Thank you to everyone for the information!!!

Surprised this post hasn't been moved to "Caribbean," but we did Goff's Caye. Picked up from the ship to the reef and island. Not a very big island, read my review, but I had fun snorkeling. Not a lay out, bring me a marguarita, island either. There was someone selling chicken/lobster kabobs, and a sales man selling carved wood items. I bought a beautiful wooden bowl. So, you can get souveniers, that are usable, not a fridge magnet. We are talking primitive, it's all about the water, not the land. or sand. And yes I would do it again.

I'm confused, I have read on the boards that Carnival no longer goes to Bannister Island. :confused:

Carnvial has 2 snorkling excursions on their website;

Goff's Caye and Barrier Reef Snorkle at Turneffe w/beach break.

So is the one at Turneffe Bannister Island???? Is this the one with the great snorkling??? If it is, can someone go and just relax on beach, as my sister does not want to snorkle!!??

Thank you to everyone for the information!!!

I believe Carnival stopped going there last year because there was a ... MURDER.. that took place there. But I think they are going now on this excursion. I've never been there. We did Goff's Caye, which has great snorkelling, but as previous poster said, there is not much as far as facilities. There are no beach chairs, you would have to lay on a towel on the sand. It is small and remote and primitive and quiet. No live music or crowds. Just a guy with a grill selling kabobs, a guy with a cooler selling beer, and a guy selling wood carvings. The snorkelling is superb. We've snorkled at every port we've been to and this is the only place we've seen sea turtles and we saw 3 or 4 of them. It was awesome.

• 3 months later...
I believe Carnival stopped going there last year because there was a ... MURDER.. that took place there. But I think they are going now on this excursion. I've never been there. We did Goff's Caye, which has great snorkelling, but as previous poster said, there is not much as far as facilities. There are no beach chairs, you would have to lay on a towel on the sand. It is small and remote and primitive and quiet. No live music or crowds. Just a guy with a grill selling kabobs, a guy with a cooler selling beer, and a guy selling wood carvings. The snorkelling is superb. We've snorkled at every port we've been to and this is the only place we've seen sea turtles and we saw 3 or 4 of them. It was awesome.

So, if we did Goff's Caye just for a quiet beach, how is the snorkeling just off the beach? Did you do this, or did you only snorkel off the boat?

Archived