Where to stay in Barcelona?

LarryF

Will be in Barcelona pre cruise for September 26 departure. What area shoudl we be looking at staying? I'm looking for a clean, safe Hotel in Barcelona for 2nights in September 2010. Would like to stay under $300 total for the 2 nights. Prefer 3 star, but would consider 2 star as well.

Thanks,

Larry

We stayed at the Hotel Jazz, http://www.hoteljazz.com/ last October. Our rate was 90 euro per night but a quick check for when you are there shows the advance booking rate at 120 euro which is slightly above your budget. The hotel is less than a block from the metro, the airport bus stops very near and it is 2-3 blocks from Placa de Catalunya. The metro stop is at the University and lots of nearby restaurants. We loved the hotel as well as the location, I'd send them an email and ask if they could improve on the rate. Never hurts to ask. I along with many on this board highly recommend this hotel and if you stay be sure to have a roof top drink at the pool. Use the search button at the top right of this page and type in the hotel name for other recommendations and see if some didn't have a good experience. Happy cruising

We stayed at the Hotel Jazz, http://www.hoteljazz.com/ last October. Our rate was 90 euro per night but a quick check for when you are there shows the advance booking rate at 120 euro which is slightly above your budget. The hotel is less than a block from the metro, the airport bus stops very near and it is 2-3 blocks from Placa de Catalunya. The metro stop is at the University and lots of nearby restaurants. We loved the hotel as well as the location, I'd send them an email and ask if they could improve on the rate. Never hurts to ask. I along with many on this board highly recommend this hotel and if you stay be sure to have a roof top drink at the pool. Use the search button at the top right of this page and type in the hotel name for other recommendations and see if some didn't have a good experience. Happy cruising

Thanks so much for the information. I just booked our room there!

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks so much for the information. I just booked our room there!

Thanks,

Larry

Glad I could help and although I didn't mention it the hotel appears to be a very safe section of town. Hope you enjoy the trip and happy cruising

• 1 year later...

We ended up cancelling the cruise, so we didn't stay there...we spend 16 days in Italy on our own instead!

Just wondering if you stayed at the Hotel Jazz in Barcelona and what you thought of it?

Thanks, Tracie

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that's a GREAT rate....this year the same month of October, when we will be there, the rate is doubled (170 Euros per nite) !! This would be my first choice too....but just slightly higher than we wish to spend.

We also stayed at Hotel Jazz... very happy. They had excellent rates. Dont remember exactly (it was last year), but I do remember the rate was the best of many hotels we checked.

Yes, very convenient to Plaza Catalunya (where we caught the Bus Turista for sightseeing), the airport bus, the Metro, etc. There were restaurants nearby, etc.

Rooms were nice. Pool and nice view from top of Hotel. Mezzanine level with small, friendly bar... good breakfast buffet (we were too tired and lazy in the AM to venture out, and wanted something convenient). :rolleyes:

We also stayed at Hotel Jazz... very happy. They had excellent rates. Dont remember exactly (it was last year), but I do remember the rate was the best of many hotels we checked.

Yes, very convenient to Plaza Catalunya (where we caught the Bus Turista for sightseeing), the airport bus, the Metro, etc. There were restaurants nearby, etc.

Rooms were nice. Pool and nice view from top of Hotel. Mezzanine level with small, friendly bar... good breakfast buffet (we were too tired and lazy in the AM to venture out, and wanted something convenient). :rolleyes:

We have just booked the Hotel Jazz for 2 nights post cruise in August this year we are paying the advanced rate of 87.21 euros per night we booked direct with the hotel.

We have just booked the Hotel Jazz for 2 nights post cruise in August this year we are paying the advanced rate of 87.21 euros per night we booked direct with the hotel.

By direct with the hotel do you mean their website or did you call them?

'

That is unbelievable, we will be there at the end of October and the rate is over double yours....and it is appreciably "at the end" of the tourist season?? hmmmm....really wish I could find that rate for October 25-27....it's my first choice too!!

Yes through their website you get a discount of 15% for the advanced rate.

Maybe I am doing something wrong....I am on their website now, it is giving me an "advanced" rate of 154 Euros for my date??? When I look in August, when you booked, it is showing 106 Euros or more for almost all dates is August. Did you get an additional 15% off the 100+ Euro rate?? If so, how? Where is another 15% indicated? If the rate indicated for us in October were to be another 15% less, I would grab it. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Maybe I am doing something wrong....I am on their website now, it is giving me an "advanced" rate of 154 Euros for my date??? When I look in August, when you booked, it is showing 106 Euros or more for almost all dates is August. Did you get an additional 15% off the 100+ Euro rate?? If so, how? Where is another 15% indicated? If the rate indicated for us in October were to be another 15% less, I would grab it. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I have no idea we just put our dates in and that is what came up. Just checked the website and the price has gone up, maybe they made a mistake or there is something happening that week that we don't know about :eek:. Keep checking the website as the price may go down.

Well, Hotel Jazz is just a little too high priced and have been looking since December when Oct. 2012 rates opened.

Just booked Hotel Pulitzer......has anyone stayed there? It has some nice reviews and location looks good, but some personal endorsements/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Try Hotel Continental Barcelona. It is a bit quirky but includes breakfast and snacks all day (and free wifi). It is on the Las Ramblas about 2 doors down from the Placa Catalunya. We booked for November and our rate is 100 euros a night and I didn't prepay.

I've stayed there in 2008 and will stay again later this year.

Try Hotel Continental Barcelona. It is a bit quirky but includes breakfast and snacks all day (and free wifi). It is on the Las Ramblas about 2 doors down from the Placa Catalunya. We booked for November and our rate is 100 euros a night and I didn't prepay.

I've stayed there in 2008 and will stay again later this year.

The Hotel Atlantis includes a wonderful breakfast as well, right down the street from the Continental. However, I think it's better then the Continentals and we only spent 80 Euros. We knew people staying at the Continental and they even came down to enjoy our breakfast because theirs wasn't much.

When are you booked for and what room do you have? I booked at the Continental 2 weeks ago for November 3-5 and my rate is 145euros

We stayed back last October for 80 Euros a night with the VAT I believe it was like 86 Euro. It's literally a 5 min walk from the Continental.

Archived