FLL- Hyatt Place North Review

edvanp

Hi we will be cruising in January. Does anyone know when ValueTrips will be posting their January rates? Also thanks for all the reviews and tips!

I was informed by Value Trips that 2011 rates will be posted sometime Oct 2010. Guess we

just have to start checking sometime this Fall.

I scored Hyatt Place North on Hotwire for $89. 4 of us total. I figure this saved us about $100 over what I could have booked on-line.

We got into FLL at 9:20pm, had our bags by 9:40 and I called the hotel for a Van pickup. They told me where to proceed to for the pickup and said they'd have a driver there in 20 minutes. In 10-12 minutes, the mini-bus showed up.

The room was a mini-suite on the 6th floor. It was fairly big and clean. The only negative would be the noise of the AC, which we shut off. We had 2 double beds and a pull-out couch. Some people have complained about the smell, but we didn't notice that and my wife has a super sensitive nose.

Free breakfast the next day. Bagels, toast, fruit, juice, cereal, coffee, etc. It wasn't an embassy suites breakfast but for free, it was fine.

The staff at the hotel was friendly and I have nothing negative to report. For $89, I would stay there again and I would rate it 3.5/5 stars. The Hyatt Place South (airport) did look nicer/newere FWIW.

The bad news is you paid too much. The good news is you could get that deal at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites-FLL South where all the studios and suites have full kitchens.

I just booked it through Hyatt directly and it was $116.00 for the senior rate for December. Value trips was 109, so not a significant savings - for this reservation time anyway.

We stayed at Hyatt in April 2010 and the going Sr. rate per day was $199. Booked thur

Value Trips for $89 and then used gift card purchased at Costco. Final cost of room per night was $69.

That is a good value!

Thanks texkan. I received an email from valuetrips that stated April 2011 would not be out til October. Was a bit confused but now straightened out. I really think that is a great rate. Never used valuetrips but have heard good things so waiting, waiting, waiting!

I just read through this thread because we ( a party of 6) needed to find a hotel for a cruise in December. We are flying into FLL and sailing out of Miami. Just checked value trips and it was offered at $109 plus $15 for 3rd & 4th guest. We would need two rooms so it still seems pretty reasonable for our budget. Does anyone know if SAS does transfers from this hotel to Miami? Or if it would be any easier to stay at Hyatt South? I have never stayed in this area so I am kind of lost as to what to do! Thanks for all your help so far!

Value Trips does not have rates for 2011 posted. Was told that will not happen till

Oct. 2010.

My point was that if you look at the past Jan, Feb, etc, you can get an idea of what they might be, and when the highest prices are. ;)

Archived