FLL- Hyatt Place North Review

edvanp

Does the Hyatt charge for parking while staying there? If so how much is it? Also do they allow you to leave your car during the cruise? If so is there a charge? Thanks!

JoAnn

There was no charge for overnight parking----don't know if they allow you to leave car there while on cruise.

How long does it normally take for ValueTrips to get back to you? I reserved a pre-cruise and a post-cruise night(two separate reservations) last night. Just wondering how long it took them to respond. Has anyone ever been denied? (ie, hotel full, etc) We have never stayed here before. Always booked a room up on Ocean Blvd. But, since we're coming in later than usual the day before, just figured we book a hotel close to the port. Also, how is the pool at the Hyatt?[/quote]

The pool is on the small side, but nice enough. The area the pool is in is quiet too.

Does the Hyatt charge for parking while staying there? If so how much is it? Also do they allow you to leave your car during the cruise? If so is there a charge? Thanks!

JoAnn

The parking for cruise passengers was free but now I have read they charge. 12.00 per day, I think. You would have to call and ask. After you hear back from Valurtrips (about 2 days) be sure to call the Hyatt and confirm your reservation. :)

First time I submitted request to ValueTrips, I heard nothing back. I waited afew days and tried again and heard back in two days.

We placed our request on March 9. After two days, still haven't received a response. I sent them an email asking if they received our request. Should I have just tried reserving again? We're getting a little concerned because there will be the Crown Princess, Star Princess, and the Oasis of the Seas at port the same day. That's a lot of hotel rooms needed. We just want to make sure we can get a room. Your thoughts?

We placed our request on March 9. After two days, still haven't received a response. I sent them an email asking if they received our request. Should I have just tried reserving again? We're getting a little concerned because there will be the Crown Princess, Star Princess, and the Oasis of the Seas at port the same day. That's a lot of hotel rooms needed. We just want to make sure we can get a room. Your thoughts?

That is what happened to my request first try. I even sent them email, but NO reply. I waited a few days, tried again and got room.

I would suggest that you go ahead book room at Hyatt (since so many ships will be

in Fort Lauderdale). If you get the room thru value trips, you can cancel the more expensive room. This is what I did.

That is what happened to my request first try. I even sent them email, but NO reply. I waited a few days, tried again and got room.

I would suggest that you go ahead book room at Hyatt (since so many ships will be

in Fort Lauderdale). If you get the room thru value trips, you can cancel the more expensive room. This is what I did.

When you tried again, do you mean by reserving on their web site, or by sending another email? Sorry for so many questions.

We might just go to our usual hotel. It's not the greatest hotel, but we're familiar with it and the surrounding area. We just thought we'd try something different.

When you tried again, do you mean by reserving on their web site, or by sending another email? Sorry for so many questions.

We might just go to our usual hotel. It's not the greatest hotel, but we're familiar with it and the surrounding area. We just thought we'd try something different.

I reserved again on second try. Have two other couples traveling with us. They got value trip rooms on first try.

I booked through Valuetrips and received a confirmation within 2 days. My sister-in-law booked through Valuetrips but never received her confirmation. She called Hyatt directly and they did have her reservation through Valuetrips. You may just want to call the hotel directly and see if they have your reservation. If not, maybe you could ask if they'll honor the Valuetrips price. The worst they can do is say no.

I booked through Valuetrips and received a confirmation within 2 days. My sister-in-law booked through Valuetrips but never received her confirmation. She called Hyatt directly and they did have her reservation through Valuetrips. You may just want to call the hotel directly and see if they have your reservation. If not, maybe you could ask if they'll honor the Valuetrips price. The worst they can do is say no.

I read that someone called Hyatt and ask for the Value Trip price and Hyatt granted them the price.

You are right in that you can always ask.

:confused: I guess I am confused many of you are talking about Valuetrips.com but if I can buy it thru Hotwire for less why would I want to spend more thru Valuetrips when some of you are leary of them. Maybe someone can tell what the advantage is. On Valuetrips for the time I need it next it states it is $89 is that the total price with no taxes and fees? I am assuming not so to me that is not a bargain when some have gotten Hyatt Place for as low as $69 thru Hotwire. Of course it all depends on when you need the room.

I bought it thru Hot Wire last October for our January cruise, for the price I was pleased. I actually thought it was much better than my last two stays before a cruise that were at the Embassey Suites across the street and I paid almost double for that dump:rolleyes:

The one thing I currently cannot remember is on Hotwire was the Hyatt Place 3 stars or 3.5 stars I know it was under the Downtown FLL.

:confused: I guess I am confused many of you are talking about Valuetrips.com but if I can buy it thru Hotwire for less why would I want to spend more thru Valuetrips when some of you are leary of them. Maybe someone can tell what the advantage is. On Valuetrips for the time I need it next it states it is $89 is that the total price with no taxes and fees? I am assuming not so to me that is not a bargain when some have gotten Hyatt Place for as low as $69 thru Hotwire. Of course it all depends on when you need the room.

I bought it thru Hot Wire last October for our January cruise, for the price I was pleased. I actually thought it was much better than my last two stays before a cruise that were at the Embassey Suites across the street and I paid almost double for that dump:rolleyes:

The one thing I currently cannot remember is on Hotwire was the Hyatt Place 3 stars or 3.5 stars I know it was under the Downtown FLL.

I booked thru Value Trips because I was able to pick the hotel/motel of my choice and I can cancel my reservations if I need to do so.

I believe that with Hot Wire, one is not sure what hotel/motel they will receive other than a place with a certain number of stars. Also once you agree to the price you can NOT cancel reservations. I have never used Hot Wire for that reason.

I have also purchased Hyatt Gift Cards that give me some more money off my room.

I like to use Hotwire too, but this time using the valuetrips.com offer I feel is an advantage due to: 1) knowing exactly which hotel I'll be staying in 2) being able to cancel the reservation without penalty 3) being able to buy a $100 Hyatt gift check at Costco for $80

(thereby reducing my one-night stay in April to $69 + tax).

Betsy

We still have not received a response from valuetrips. I think I'll try calling the Hyatt to see if they have received anything. I'll let you know.

It's a little frustrating that they cannot respond in a timely manner........

We still have not received a response from valuetrips. I think I'll try calling the Hyatt to see if they have received anything. I'll let you know.

It's a little frustrating that they cannot respond in a timely manner........

It maybe that Hyatt has no discount rooms since so many cruisers will be in town. It does not hurt to ask Hyatt if they will honor the value trip number.

If Hyatt does not give you the lower price, try Value Trips again.

We are actually cruising out of Miami, but are planning to come into Ft. Lauderdale for price reasons.

Did anyone go to Miam or was everyone traveling out of Ft. Lauderdale?

Thanks

I'm doing exactly what you're doing. We chose Ft. Lauderdale because it's less expensive and because it's a safer location.

According to betterbidding, Hyatt Place is the only 3 star currently in the Downtown zone.

According to betterbidding, Hyatt Place is the only 3 star currently in the Downtown zone.

You mean Hyatt Place is currently the only reported 3 star on Hotwire in the downtown zone. Keep in mind that the hotel lists at BetterBidding.com are a continuous "work in progress" and are complied based on users reporting their Hotwire purchases. At any time, another 3 star in this zone could be reported by another poster. Something to keep in mind should anyone decide to go the Hotwire route.....

I reserved again on second try. Have two other couples traveling with us. They got value trip rooms on first try.

We just received our confirmation from valuetrips for our pre-cruise and post-cruise reservations. Sure took them long enough. I'm going to call the Hyatt just to confirm our reservation.

Thanks for your help!

We stayed at this hotel for one night two weeks ago. Picked it up on Priceline for $70 plus taxes/fees. Room was fine, service was fine, and they took us to the ship. Stayed at the Renaissance on 17th St on the way back. Great room, great service. $82. plus taxes/fees on Priceline. On a prior trip we got the Marriott Courtyard on the beach as three star bid. We also enjoyed this hotel. This year it seemed to take more work to get Priceline bid hotels in FLL and hotels in Miami

Archived