FLL- Hyatt Place North Review

edvanp

I scored Hyatt Place North on Hotwire for $89. 4 of us total. I figure this saved us about $100 over what I could have booked on-line.

We got into FLL at 9:20pm, had our bags by 9:40 and I called the hotel for a Van pickup. They told me where to proceed to for the pickup and said they'd have a driver there in 20 minutes. In 10-12 minutes, the mini-bus showed up.

The room was a mini-suite on the 6th floor. It was fairly big and clean. The only negative would be the noise of the AC, which we shut off. We had 2 double beds and a pull-out couch. Some people have complained about the smell, but we didn't notice that and my wife has a super sensitive nose.

Free breakfast the next day. Bagels, toast, fruit, juice, cereal, coffee, etc. It wasn't an embassy suites breakfast but for free, it was fine.

The staff at the hotel was friendly and I have nothing negative to report. For $89, I would stay there again and I would rate it 3.5/5 stars. The Hyatt Place South (airport) did look nicer/newere FWIW.

Thanks for the review! We're booked to stay there on 9/30. I was glad to hear that the van came & picked you up when you arrived so late. On their web site it says the free shuttle is available 5 am - 12 pm. That seemed odd to me, not having shuttle service after noon--I wonder if it's a typo and they meant for it to say 12 AM. We got our reservation on valuetrips.com, also for $89/night. So at least we knew exactly what we were booking and there were no surprises, lol.

Thanks for the review! We're booked to stay there on 9/30. I was glad to hear that the van came & picked you up when you arrived so late. On their web site it says the free shuttle is available 5 am - 12 pm. That seemed odd to me, not having shuttle service after noon--I wonder if it's a typo and they meant for it to say 12 AM. We got our reservation on valuetrips.com, also for $89/night. So at least we knew exactly what we were booking and there were no surprises, lol.

Have you ever used valuetrips.com before? I've booked the Hyatt Place North w/ the AAA rate, but the valuetrips.com rate is lower so I'm thinking of switching the reservation. I was just a little nervous about using this website. Any insight you could provide would really be appreciated. Thanks!

Have you ever used valuetrips.com before? I've booked the Hyatt Place North w/ the AAA rate, but the valuetrips.com rate is lower so I'm thinking of switching the reservation. I was just a little nervous about using this website. Any insight you could provide would really be appreciated. Thanks!

This was actually the first time I used valuetrips to book a hotel reservation. One of our fellow cruisers on or Meet & Mingle board has used them before and suggested it so I thought I'd give it a try. Booked the room with no problem and was even able to put notes in at the bottom of the page such as, "view of port if possible". I got an email confirming my reservation with all of the details.

Then it turned out we booked our flight a day earlier than originally planned. I actually called the hotel directly to see if we could change it. It was not problem at all and they didn't give us any problems about being booked through valuetrips. I asked the hotel if I would be charged that same rate for the new extra night and they said yes. They then emailed me a confirmation showing the new changes and all of the information still showed my $89/night price.

Oh...one more thing. Unlike some of the websites where you book hotels online for a really good price, you don't have to pay in advance. You just use your credit/debit card to hold the room and then you pay when you arrive (or check out, I'm not sure which.) That was a nice feature!

Stayed there twice in the past 40 days. One time the shuttle was at the airport in 10 minutes. The last time (2 weeks ago), they said it would be 15-20 min. After 25 min, I called the hotel and they said the van would be there in 5 minutes. After another 15 minutes...no shuttle. Got a taxi.

Rooms...room on the 3rd floor was fine but a little noisy A/C. Room 404 was terrible with very mildew smell and very loud A/C.

Janetz

Is the Hyatt Place behind the Embassy Suites? I read somewhere that the Outback was behind the Embassy - do you know how far away it is from the Embassy? Also any ideas how far Kellys Landing is?

This was actually the first time I used valuetrips to book a hotel reservation. One of our fellow cruisers on or Meet & Mingle board has used them before and suggested it so I thought I'd give it a try. Booked the room with no problem and was even able to put notes in at the bottom of the page such as, "view of port if possible". I got an email confirming my reservation with all of the details.

Then it turned out we booked our flight a day earlier than originally planned. I actually called the hotel directly to see if we could change it. It was not problem at all and they didn't give us any problems about being booked through valuetrips. I asked the hotel if I would be charged that same rate for the new extra night and they said yes. They then emailed me a confirmation showing the new changes and all of the information still showed my $89/night price.

Oh...one more thing. Unlike some of the websites where you book hotels online for a really good price, you don't have to pay in advance. You just use your credit/debit card to hold the room and then you pay when you arrive (or check out, I'm not sure which.) That was a nice feature!

Thanks for the information! I've booked through valuetrips and am awaiting my confirmation!:)

I booked thrugh Valuetrips Monday afternoon and got my confirmation by e-mail this morning. I called the hotel before booking to ask about their experience with these reservations. They told me that there is no problem except that the room type is not guaranteed. There is a pull out sofa in the King rooms so it will still sleep 4. For me, that would be better...DH & I would get the King and the kids on the sofa and I could blame it on the hotel!

Someone also mentioned that you can buy Hyatt gift cards at Costco. The cost is $80 for $100 gift card. Heading there tomorrow!

I booked thrugh Valuetrips Monday afternoon and got my confirmation by e-mail this morning. I called the hotel before booking to ask about their experience with these reservations. They told me that there is no problem except that the room type is not guaranteed. There is a pull out sofa in the King rooms so it will still sleep 4. For me, that would be better...DH & I would get the King and the kids on the sofa and I could blame it on the hotel!

Someone also mentioned that you can buy Hyatt gift cards at Costco. The cost is $80 for $100 gift card. Heading there tomorrow!

Can that card be used to pay motel lodging bill?

We stayed at Hyatt Place Feb.1,2010 very nice hotel. Cab from the port to the hotel was about $10.00. Won this hotel on priceline for $75.00 doesn't include taxes & fees.

Kellys Landing is walkable from the hotel. The shuttle driver took us to Kellys and picked us up. We didn't walk there because it was raining.

Betty,

We are staying here currently and love this place. It's not in the most beautiful of areas but I would definitely consider it a safe area. Plus lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

Great room. We booked through Hotwire and I would definitely stay here again.

I hear the shuttle to the port starts at 11am and you should line up about 10:30. Alot of people are saying they do cabs so they don't have to mess with the crowds.

I figure we will see how it looks today at about that time and then decide if we want to mess with it when we go tomorrow.

Very nice staff, great breakfast, room, etc. Overall great choice.

We stayed at this hotel in July before our Freedom cruise. I have a review and several photos from the hotel at the beginning of my trip report (link in my signature below.)

I had originally booked through valuetrips, but worried that something would go wrong. I called the hotel directly to confirm the reservation and mentioned that I was nervous about the booking and she suggested that I just cancel the valuetrips reservation and they would re-book me at the same rate. So...anyone considering this hotel might just want to call and ask if they would match the valuetrips rate.

Someone asked about the location in regards to the Embassy Suites...the HP is basically right behind the Embassy Suites.

We had very good luck with the hotel shuttle...got picked up in just a few minutes at the airport and were able to leave the hotel around 10:30 am to go to the port the next morning.

My one complaint...and it seems I'm not alone...the AC was very loud AND the room was very musty smelling. The room itself was great...and the big screen TV was wonderful. However...unless the rate was good I am not sure I would stay here again.

I booked with valuetrips about a week or so ago and got my confirmation email two days later. I called the hotel directly and spoke with sue and she confirmed my reservation for april 4th. Several other posters state they have used valuetrips without incident, so i am hopeful that it will be a positive experience.

A few years ago I used valutrips for this hotel. Everything worked out fine and we were very pleased with the shuttle service and the hotel in general. There is an Outback Steakhouse right next door. There is also a plaza next door that has a Publix and a large liquor store.

We are headed to Hyatt Place again this summer through Valuetrips. I like the location of the hotel. It is close to the airport and close to the port. Looking out a window of the hotel, you can see the port. Everything you need is within walking distance.

Thanks to all of you who spoke of value trips, I just booked our pre-post cruise stay at the Hyatt with them and hopefully I will have my e-mail confirmation in the next couple of days. Someone spoke of a Hyatt card at COstco for $80 with a $100 value, did it work paying the hotel bill with the card?

I'm also interested in the answer to the question about using Costco's Hyatt certificate at this hotel. We booked the Valuetrips $89 rate, which with tax, totals just over $100, so if the Costco certificate can be used for the room rate + tax, it'd be cost effective. Anyone?

Betsy

Reminder, although there is both Publix and Total Wine in the nearby shopping plaza, neither sells alcohol on Sunday until noon. So if your cruise leaves on Sunday, as ours does, and you want to leave for the port before noon, you're SOL if you want to buy a bottle of wine for your cruise.

Betsy

I'm also interested in the answer to the question about using Costco's Hyatt certificate at this hotel. We booked the Valuetrips $89 rate, which with tax, totals just over $100, so if the Costco certificate can be used for the room rate + tax, it'd be cost effective. Anyone?

Betsy

I am interested just like you and agree that the gift card would be cost effective.

Asking someone that is member of Costco to check this for me. When I find out I will

post if the answer is not forth coming.

Archived