FLL- Hyatt Place North Review

edvanp

Thanks for the information on confirming your reservations. I'd book this hotel in November for an April stay thru Value Trips. Called today to confirm & they had my reservation but didn't have my correct info in the computer. Got that updated & an email confirmation arrived shortly thru Hyatt.

We just received our confirmation from valuetrips for our pre-cruise and post-cruise reservations. Sure took them long enough. I'm going to call the Hyatt just to confirm our reservation.

Thanks for your help!

I am so glad that you got the reservation. Don't forget that you can purchase from Costco

$100 Hyatt gift card for $80. The card can be used to pay for the room (another $20 savings).

Have a Great trip. :)

Quick question about the gift cards...If I'm staying TWO nights, I can get TWO gift cards (or actually I think it's four because the $100 is in the form of two $50 cards) to pay for both nights, right? They don't have a limit on the number of gift cards you can use do they?

Quick question about the gift cards...If I'm staying TWO nights, I can get TWO gift cards (or actually I think it's four because the $100 is in the form of two $50 cards) to pay for both nights, right? They don't have a limit on the number of gift cards you can use do they?

I purchased 4 cards (2 cards per pkg). The $100 2/card pkg is sold for $80. I am staying 2 nights and will use cards to pay for my room.

Go to the Hyatt website and get info on the gift cards. I would not think that there is a limit on the number of cards used.

I booked thru Value Trips because I was able to pick the hotel/motel of my choice and I can cancel my reservations if I need to do so.

I believe that with Hot Wire, one is not sure what hotel/motel they will receive other than a place with a certain number of stars. Also once you agree to the price you can NOT cancel reservations. I have never used Hot Wire for that reason.

I have also purchased Hyatt Gift Cards that give me some more money off my room.

We also booked thru ValuTrips and want to purchase the Costco gift cards. Has anyone successfully been able to use the gift cards in combination with the ValueTrips reservation?

We also booked thru ValuTrips and want to purchase the Costco gift cards. Has anyone successfully been able to use the gift cards in combination with the ValueTrips reservation?

Assuming when you reserve through ValueTrips you pay upon checking out of the hotel, I can't see how the Hyatt wouldn't take the gift cards. It's my understanding you just reserve through ValueTrips, as opposed to prepaying in advance when you make the booking. Am I correct?

Assuming when you reserve through ValueTrips you pay upon checking out of the hotel, I can't see how the Hyatt wouldn't take the gift cards. It's my understanding you just reserve through ValueTrips, as opposed to prepaying in advance when you make the booking. Am I correct?

Yes, we are guaranteed the ValueTrip rate and pay when we check out and even have the option to cancel our reservation if we need to. So I guess it makes sense that we should be able to use the gift cards.

I called the Hyatt about 2 days ago. They stated they couldn't match the valuetrips price. I just sent a request in to valuetrips. Kinda dumb of the Hyatt as she asked if my days were flexible. I advised her they were not and that I was going on a cruise so she could have my business or I would look else where...she called my bluff. :D

I'll wait to hear from valuetrips.

Does anyone know where in Costco they sell the cards?? and do they always have them?

thank you!!

Just did this yesterday:

Go to member services.

They give you the SKU#.

Take to cashier, buy what you need.

Back to member services, show reciept, they issue your certificates.

Done.

I purchased 4 cards (2 cards per pkg). The $100 2/card pkg is sold for $80. I am staying 2 nights and will use cards to pay for my room.

Go to the Hyatt website and get info on the gift cards. I would not think that there is a limit on the number of cards used.

Thanks! I think I'll plan on doing that then. I also asked last time I was in Costco if they knew how long they'd have them there. Of course they couldn't give me a definite answer but the guy I talked to did say he thought it was a "summer" thing and they'd probably be there through summer. Can't guarantee it though.

Just did this yesterday:

Go to member services.

They give you the SKU#.

Take to cashier, buy what you need.

Back to member services, show reciept, they issue your certificates.

Done.

Wow!!! thank you so much for the quick reply!!

it looks like a nice hotel and every lit bit helps....

I stayed here in 2008 and really enjoyed my stay.

Since I like to board rather late (around 1:30 p.m.), after checking out, I took advantage of the free computer and did some last minute e-mails. At that time the shuttle was empty. The ride is a quick five minutes away from the hotel.

One word of advice, I used super shuttle for transportation (I arrived in Miami airport) and even after telling the driver which Hyatt, he took me to the other one across the bridge.

I'm not sailing until December,but the rates were too high!! With the valuetrip, got the rate reasonable.

Since you are so near to everything, I just might forgo the car both days and just use it for one!

On Valuetrips.com the posted rate for Hyatt North is $89 for 1-2 adults and $15 for an additional adult.

Does anyone know if it's still $15 if the additional person is a child (11 years old)?

I didn't get charged extra for my 10 and 14 year old. I am going April 16th.

Thanks Coop.

I asked the question for my daughter and son-in-law who will have my 11 year old granddaughter with them.

My family stayed here last Friday night (3/12/10) so I thought I'd give a quick review (edit-it's a little longer than expected). We arrived at FLL at 10:30pm after out flight was delayed. Ft lauderdale airport was extremely busy. We called for the hotel shuttle and it arrived within 10 minutes. Unfortunately some other guests decided to call for the shuttle before getting their luggage so we waited about 15 minutes, then drove around the airport which took about 15 more minutes due to the traffic, then finally the last people got picked up. No doubt the driver could have brought us back to the hotel and come back for the others. The shuttle driver said there were only 2 times left for the port shuttle- 10am and 2pm. He also told us we could just walk to the port cause it was only 1/2 mile away, which was not true- especially if your ship was on the far end of the port.

The shuttle was packed with people and luggage which meant a mad rush for the front desk to get checked in. The hotel lobby is not very inviting. It's way too small for a busy night and they only had 2 people working. We were told the computer had to be restarted which took about 10 more minutes which was just frustrating cause we only wanted to rest at that point. The female at the front desk said it was crazy because it was the start of spring break. You gotta wonder why they didn't get more people to work if they knew it would be that busy.

So we finally got checked in at about midnight and went to the room which was very nice and clean. We ordered Italian food delivery from New River (I think was the name). The girl who took the order was not friendly, but the delivery guy and food was excellent. It was some of the best pizza I ever had. That more than made up for the order person I talked to. They are open for delivery till 4am too.

The next morning we walked about 3 minutes to the Harbour Shops and got some soda and alcohol. It was Sat so they start selling early in the AM. There is a Publix and Total Wine so it was very convenient. We thought we would try for the hotel shuttle at 10am but there was such a mess in the lobby and outside. You were supposed to be in the lobby 30 minutes before your shuttle time. There were just a load of people and luggage all over with no apparent order. We quickly decided the shuttle was not in our plans. We went to the lobby about 11am and there were a couple cabs outside next to all the frustrated, anxious and cramped people trying to get onto the shuttle. We jumped in the cab and $10.50 and 5 minutes later we were at the port. I'm sure the shuttle hadn't even left yet. Here's a tip- if the shuttle looks busy, just pay the $10 and get a cab. Unless you're really cheap, I don't think it's worth the savings.

Oh, I forgot about the free breakfast. As you can imagine, it was a madhouse at the breakfast area. Way too small for the crowds they had that morning. The food all looked good but again, it was not worth the hassle. We grabbed a few pieces of fruit and coffee and left as quick as we could. We didn't get to use the pool but it looked nice enough. Free in room wi-fi worked well too. The kiosk check out in the lobby was nice too.

Although this review sounds a bit negative, the hotel was clean and rooms were nice. The Priceline $70 price was well worth it. Just be aware of the shuttle/breakfast/lobby crowding issues so there are no surprises. The airport and cruise port are so close that a cab should be considered. Probably a stay during the week would be very different.

Couple questions about the location- how far is the Publix? and how far is it to the nearest water taxi stand?

and are there any fast food places close by? i know there are many wonderful dining options around, but we are on a budget and figure we will be eating wonderful food all week on the cruise.

thank you for the help!!

Archived