Climbing the Leaning Tower of Pisa

emmalouisenicholson

Hi everyone!

This is my first post so hope it works ok.

We have booked our 1st Cruise (Disney Magic - 11night Mediterranean) and are very excited!

One of the highlights of the trip for my 7year old Son was being able to climb the Leaning Tower of Pisa

I have been looking into pre-purchasing tickets and see that only Children aged 8 and over are allowed to climb

Does anyone know how strict the rules are on this? Are Childred required to show proof of age if they look aroung 8?

Any help would be much appreciated!

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'll tell you what I would do, for what it's worth.

When you get there, you'll need to go to the office and exchange your printout for an actual ticket. Since you'll have adults and a child (or children) in your party, I'd send one parent into the office to exchange all of the tickets. If they ask for IDs, you can show them yours, but say that you left the childrens' ID on the ship - this is not unusual. When all else fails, act confused and apologetic.

I'd bet that it won't be an issue, but our kids were mid-teens when we took them, and my cousin's daughter was 10 when we took her this summer, so I don't know for sure.

Welcome to CC.

My daugther at the time was 7 years 8 months and also tiny ( size wise ). We had no problems getting our tickets nor at the entrance when they were collected. She had a blast, but I can see why they have age restrictions as at the top there is some tricky passages and its pretty high and at that point leaning too. She nor my 80 year old father had any issues so as long as you get by the ticket collector you should be safe. :D.

Enjoy the climb with your son ;)

Hi everyone!

This is my first post so hope it works ok.

We have booked our 1st Cruise (Disney Magic - 11night Mediterranean) and are very excited!

One of the highlights of the trip for my 7year old Son was being able to climb the Leaning Tower of Pisa

I have been looking into pre-purchasing tickets and see that only Children aged 8 and over are allowed to climb

Does anyone know how strict the rules are on this? Are Childred required to show proof of age if they look aroung 8?

Any help would be much appreciated!

412434875_4260_ClimbingPisa.jpg.4b10088246a4631ae074cdba92288f77.jpg

Here are a few more, believe it or not as we walked up for one of the rotations it got me ill as my ears and eyes were telling me two different things, very cool... I was the one with the camera and with my dad, way behind the rest. My daughter had long ran ahead to the top.

Do you have any more pictures of the interior or the view ?

1312783042_4240_ClimbingPisa.jpg.a825a976d9bddb55db5e0ec19ffd96f2.jpg

751580978_4250_StepsofPisa.jpg.f8d75817e61f7a6149777e85b65c19ae.jpg

685686218_4270_LaststepstothetopofPisa.jpg.fe5b49a355a88e39ee07057c8fb0ae5b.jpg

1805581010_4280_TopofPisa.jpg.45bd9dec9d758f67ada5551cecb7ad31.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Any idea on aprox how long it takes to climb the tower please?

They don't hang about. You start at the bottom (obviously!) and it takes about 4 mins to climb to the middle where you get a breather (you will need it!). You can walk round the 'balcony' at this level whilst waiting for the group at the top to come down. You then climb another 4 mins or so to the bell level. There is then another 'floor' to go up to get right on top. Beware - you only get about 5 minutes at the top before security starts telling you to go back down, so don't hang about taking photos or going to the top level. You will then go straight back down (about 5 mins). As the Tower is 'on the lean', you can't be precise, but by the route I took it was 301 steps right to the top. Whole thing takes about 20 mins.

Simon

Archived