Snow On Board The QM2 - 11/29/2009

Trainman52

Nice video. Here (at the bottom of the page) are my photos of the snow making. It was feeble snow making but a great mob scene, wasn't it?

The "mob scene" was reminiscent of the champagne waterfall on Princess. I have to say that it was different and the bulk of the people were just curious as to what it would be like. It was our last sea day and it was an activity.

Thanks, but I think we've all see enough of the real thing this year.............. :D

Hi there...I do so agree. We even had it in the deep south and that never happens here. I moved here to get away from anything to do with that stuff!

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Feb. 7, 2010....the “Affair” takes a sunny detour when Penny meets a Princess

2010....the “Affair” is indecisive, but back to QM2 for 14 days somewhere

The "mob scene" was reminiscent of the champagne waterfall on Princess. .

Oh my....I just witnessed that unbelievable mob scene when we took a Princess trip for a sunny escape. It was insanity. I couldn't believe the hoards of people who would push and shove so much to see something so silly as a champagne waterfall. Most couldn't possibly have seen it because of the crowding and we could barely get thru the crush to get to dinner. I've not looked at the video but it's hard to imagine that kind of scene on QM2....

Cheers, Penny

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

Nice video. Here (at the bottom of the page) are my photos of the snow making. It was feeble snow making but a great mob scene, wasn't it?

I knew exactly where I was standing and found myself in one of your photos. It was a lot of people in one place, what else would be expected. It wasn't terrible. Everyone was polite; there was no aggressive behavior. I thought the snow was fun once they got the snow fall up to speed. I guess I'm a kid at heart -- that's a good thing.

I finally uploaded the video of the
. This occurred on 11/29/2009. That location is the Grand Lobby. The emcee is cruise director Paul O'Laughlin. The snow was the artificial kind, similar to what is done in Disneyworld.

I enjoyed your video. I also enjoyed seeing myself in it enjoying the moment. Also fun seeing some of the other cc members enjoying the fun....nice seeing familiar faces....brings back memories of a wonderful cruise.

Thanks for posting the video.

Oh my....I just witnessed that unbelievable mob scene when we took a Princess trip for a sunny escape. It was insanity. I couldn't believe the hoards of people who would push and shove so much to see something so silly as a champagne waterfall. Most couldn't possibly have seen it because of the crowding and we could barely get thru the crush to get to dinner. I've not looked at the video but it's hard to imagine that kind of scene on QM2....

Cheers, Penny

I was there, and it was not what I would refer to as a "mob scene." Yes, the area had a lot of people about, but there was space between people and room to move about. One could easily walk around or through the area. Everyone I encountered was considerate, polite, and having fun. There was no pushing, shoving, or rude behavior.

I've experienced "mob scenes." Snow on the QM2 did not fall in that category.

I enjoyed your video. Also fun seeing some of the other cc members enjoying the fun....nice seeing familiar faces.....

Yes, I also spotted many faces I know from various cruises and crossings. One or two I saw straight away, others I only noted on second viewing.

Well done and thank you for posting the video with the snow and all the faces in the scrum, seeing it has made up my mind about booking a Christmas cruise (I thought the "inch of gold" tables were bad) now I know I won't! :-)

Thank you again.

I was there, and it was not what I would refer to as a "mob scene." Yes, the area had a lot of people about, but there was space between people and room to move about. One could easily walk around or through the area. Everyone I encountered was considerate, polite, and having fun. There was no pushing, shoving, or rude behavior.

I've experienced "mob scenes." Snow on the QM2 did not fall in that category.

travelite, you know everyone see it all differnt, like the wonderful snow on QM2 we all saw, how wonderful it was, so many condemed it when I mentioned it in my blog last year although some had since changed there minds.

I am pleased about that

It was a great cruise and snow machine added to it, we are now looking to add a 5th cruise this year and do the qm2 for christmas

As for "mob scene" quite the opposite, I can assure everyone that the event which was 1st for QM2 started with just a handful of people as the time went on a lot of people gathered and Yes it was a lot , the music started and everyone was singing and watching the snow fall, wonderful, the whole event was well run, no mob scene, every just enjoyed it, no pushing at all, then they all walked away to enjoy the rest of the day

I didn't need to see the video, I saw it Christmas Eve aboard the ship. We sang carols and then toward the end the snow machine came on. I was standing with a couple from the CC roll call and knowing the comments I had made previously were not surprised when I made a hasty departure.

We had all experienced the real stuff prior to sailaway when the big storm hit the northeast. And I get too much of real snow here at home.

And Patwell, in all my Princess cruises I have never seen the champagne waterfall.

travelite, you know everyone see it all differnt, like the wonderful snow on QM2 we all saw, how wonderful it was, so many condemed it when I mentioned it in my blog last year although some had since changed there minds.

I am pleased about that

It was a great cruise and snow machine added to it, we are now looking to add a 5th cruise this year and do the qm2 for christmas

As for "mob scene" quite the opposite, I can assure everyone that the event which was 1st for QM2 started with just a handful of people as the time went on a lot of people gathered and Yes it was a lot , the music started and everyone was singing and watching the snow fall, wonderful, the whole event was well run, no mob scene, every just enjoyed it, no pushing at all, then they all walked away to enjoy the rest of the day

There was great footage of the two of you on Trainman's video. I think I also spotted Hillary.

WHAT FUN!

Thank you Trainman 52 for posting the video.

It was so nice for us to see our dear friends Rob and Robin near the piano and Crane nearby during the snow fall.

When we were on board the Queen Mary 2 in December 2007, we enjoyed singing Christmas carols on the last day at sea in the Grand Lobby with Commodore Warwick. If it would have snowed then, we would have enjoyed it so much!

Loretta and Terry

There was great footage of the two of you on Trainman's video. I think I also spotted Hillary.

Thank you travelite, how kind, yes I can see Hilary and Crane as well and quite a few others, those 21 days were amazing.

Thank you trainman for sending me a personal link as well.

Nicely said Rob, especially on a christmas trip it is nice to view the experience with good thoughts and not look for the bad all the time. If we were lucky to be onboard QM2 at christmas our room would be decorated to the nines and we would be taking part in all the camaraderie onboard.

Im sure it was special to the people there.

Fred.

Nicely said Rob, especially on a christmas trip it is nice to view the experience with good thoughts and not look for the bad all the time. If we were lucky to be onboard QM2 at christmas our room would be decorated to the nines and we would be taking part in all the camaraderie onboard.

Im sure it was special to the people there.

Fred.

Yes it was a wonderful occassion, great fun and special too those on board, when i wrote about in on my blog it was pulled apart by a "few" sadly, however many enjoyed it on the ship and on the following sailings.

we must not forget that if people dont like the Mob they have to go see it, although it would seem that they do.

we would put up a few things for christmas as well, In fact our tree at home is full of wonderful things from all around the world Inc a miniture QM2 .

Well done and thank you for posting the video with the snow and all the faces in the scrum, seeing it has made up my mind about booking a Christmas cruise (I thought the "inch of gold" tables were bad) now I know I won't! :-)

Thank you again.

Pepper, it was indeed interesting to see the video and many thanks to trainman for taking the time to post the link.

I do however tend to agree with you about the Christmas Cruises.

I am surprised at Cunard for pulling such a stunt that one would only expect to see at Disney.

Unfortunately we are not in a position to take a holiday over the Christmas period due to caring for elderly parents.

But if this is the sort of experience we can expect on board a Cunarder then l am sorry but l would indeed have to bow out gracefully.

Jackie :)

Well, your fake snow was just that - fake.

Queen Victoria had the real thing in January. Mid Atlantic.

What is with this horrible "Happy Holidays"? Does anyone outside of Hallmark Cards actually say that?

I'm with those who see this as a good reason to stay at home at Christmas - although I note that this wasn't a Christmas cruise. Are they trying to tell us to avoid late November and the whole of December?

It wouldn't have happened on QE2.....

I'm with those who see this as a good reason to stay at home at Christmas - although I note that this wasn't a Christmas cruise. Are they trying to tell us to avoid late November and the whole of December?

It wouldn't have happened on QE2.....

Excellently put. Thank You.

Jackie :)

Archived