Cabin crawls

emen822

We are planning a cabin crawl on our next cruise and wanted to hear what others have done. Our last room is an OS and the guests have offered to get some stuff from room service for our little get together. I've only participated in one of these and we walked around, with a drink in hand, some people had things to sample, some had candy in their cabins and the last cabin we lingered a little longer on the balcony. Just wondered what others have done. Please share your experiences.

Thanks. :D

Mary

I've been invited to attend, but quite frankly have never had any interest in people entering my cabin. Nor do I want to enter someone elses cabin unless they are good friends.

I have no idea why people would do this, would you do it in a hotel or resort?

We did a cabin crawl after our M&M meeting on Tuesday. I helped put it together. One other person put together the sheets to use for each player and I posted the rules. We had 6 cabins of all sorts.

What was so nice that everyone got to see different cabins and we enjoyed that very much. Our cabin attendant put together a cute animal on the bed just for the occasion.

Everyone could go on the cabin crawl and those that wished to participate in the poker part each paid $5.00. We collected the money up front, had cards laid out in each cabin and gave out the money at the last cabin. Send me an email and I will give you the rules and a sample of the sheet used. julia@texasits.com

I've been invited to attend, but quite frankly have never had any interest in people entering my cabin. Nor do I want to enter someone elses cabin unless they are good friends.

You should change your name to Crabby ks.

We participated in a cabin crawl once before and are going to participate in a cabin crawl on our next cruise. It was very fun to hang out with people we had met through Cruise Critic and an opportunity to see other people's cabins. I did not mind others coming into my room. My "stuff" was put away as it would be at home.

At the last cabin crawl, and we will do this again on our upcoming, every room that participates in the cabin crawl brings a full deck of cards that they don't mind if they don't get some of the cards back. At the first cabin, everyone (including children) who wanted to participate chipped in $1.00 and drew one card from the deck of cards. At the last cabin the person with the best five card poker hand won the pot. Last cruise my daughter won.

As far as what people provided, most of the cabins last time provided some type of adult beverage and a few also provided chocolates and/or cheese and crackers.

The point is to have fun with those you meet on Cruise Critic.

As far as what people provided, most of the cabins last time provided some type of adult beverage and a few also provided chocolates and/or cheese and crackers.

The point is to have fun with those you meet on Cruise Critic.

We did one too, and everyone had an adult beverage to sample. It was really fun. I like the idea of a poker run.

I was on another cruise and there was a large group who were doing a poker run/bar crawl. I think it was probably more fun than the cabin crawl, because they really got to meet all the bartenders the first night.

ABSOLUTELY! So much fun.

We did a cabin crawl after our M&M meeting on Tuesday. I helped put it together. One other person put together the sheets to use for each player and I posted the rules. We had 6 cabins of all sorts.

What was so nice that everyone got to see different cabins and we enjoyed that very much. Our cabin attendant put together a cute animal on the bed just for the occasion.

Everyone could go on the cabin crawl and those that wished to participate in the poker part each paid $5.00. We collected the money up front, had cards laid out in each cabin and gave out the money at the last cabin. Send me an email and I will give you the rules and a sample of the sheet used. julia@texasits.com

Julia, you have mail:D

Oh, I think it'd be fun. I'd be interested to see in person some of the rooms I might like to book in the future.

At the last cabin crawl, and we will do this again on our upcoming, every room that participates in the cabin crawl brings a full deck of cards that they don't mind if they don't get some of the cards back. At the first cabin, everyone (including children) who wanted to participate chipped in $1.00 and drew one card from the deck of cards. At the last cabin the person with the best five card poker hand won the pot. Last cruise my daughter won.

If you are using multiple decks wouldn't it be possible that at the end of the run more than one person could have a winning hand...such as four of a kind, or the same high flush? How did you handle two people having the same hand?

Thanks,

My hubby and I were in on a cabin crawl in Jan and had a great time. I agree.. I think it's wonderful to see the different rooms and how they are laid out. The little things like if you have a room with a connecting room you don't have a couch in your room, instead you have a chair. It's the little things that are nice to know.

Those are some awesome ideas though for the crawl. We met some very nice people on this cruise as well. :D

If 2 hands were to tie pot is split. Our crawl on upcoming Mariner is a bunch of smugglers. Just a way for CC'rs to meet, have fun and get together and give people a chance to see other categorys of cabins. No need to be negative, if you don't want to have your cabin open or go to others don't go. We are also doing a slot pull with all participants putting in 5 bucks and we will all split any winnings :cool:

I participated in a cabin crawl on my last cruise. One of our fellow cruise critic members, Ann, organized our cabin crawl. We started on the lowest deck on which we had a cabin to visit and worked our way up. We didn't do anything extra. But, we got a nice surprise when we got to my cabin, which was a grand suite. When everyone made their way onto our balcony, a whale made an appearance. It was the hilight of the cabin crawl!

Eileen

julia i mailed u last night did you get it?

The whole point of the cabin crawl is to see the other types of cabins. Our last cabin is an owners suite, which I've never seen and I'm hoping I can book one of these days :D since I usually book a regular balcony and a PR room. I'm not asking to spend the night with them. :rolleyes::D

Thanks for all the suggestions/ideas. We are also planning a slot pull. We did that on our last cruise and had a great time. The poker thing sounds interesting too.

Mary

It is really fun to see the different categories of cabins if for no other reason than future reference when booking your next cruise. On our crawl we didn't spend much time in each cabin...just had a look around and on to the next. The folks in the OS we visited last were kind enough to provide drinks for everyone. Very enjoyable!

I would do it in a resort or hotel if I were with a bunch of folks I had become acquainted with, but I think cruisers, in general, are a "special" breed who really enjoy getting to know their fellow cruisers even if only for the length of the cruise. I realize this may not apply to everyone.

You should change your name to Crabby ks.

Hey, that's uncalled for :(. Each to his own.. I actually agree with her/him but don't care if others do it. I prefer things like a slot pull, or pub crawl, both of which I've done with our M&M group.

I've heard of people playing a version of poker where everyone kicks in a few bucks and then receives a playing card in each cabin visited. Whoever has the best poker hand in the last cabin takes the pot.

We did the poker on one cruise and it was really fun!! To do the cabin crawl is great because you really get to see the different types of cabins.

I want to participate in one of these. I think I'd enjoy seeing all of the room types and even the variations within similar types; IE: adjoining rooms, handicap rooms, obstructed views, etc.

Can I ask a couple of questions?

What if you have several people who want to participate, but their rooms are all identical, like a standard inside? Do you go to all of them anyway? Or do you skip some?

And if you have a dozen people doing this, do you all crowd into the cabins together? Or do you go in in small groups, while others wait outside? I'm trying to imagine 12 people in our standard balcony room, and the only way that works is if some people are standing on the bed :->

Also, how much time do you spend at each cabin?

(Oh, and will you forgive me if you see some underwear on our bathroom floor? That's where I keep it :D )

Archived