Alberta, Canada..experiences cruising out of Gulf?

locomotion

Hi, we are a small group, half from Ontario and half from Alberta trying to book onto a Caribbean cruise together. Would love to hear from other Canadians on their experiences travelling from Edmonton to Galveston or New Orleans. Is is just simpler to cruise out of Florida? As they say, getting there is half the fun...Thanks!

I agree. It's something like 70 miles from the "big" airport (the one international flights use) to Galveston. It's much closer (I'm guessing about 20 miles - maybe a little less) from the NO airport to the terminal area. You might look at the reviews of the ships at both places and see if you think it might be worth it anyway to make the trip from IAH to Galveston.

• 2 weeks later...

Galveston has been our best port flying from ontario. Yes it's a little drag driving from houston to galveston (45 min), but really worth it!!

Never been to new orleans so i don't know about that port , we have been to three different port in fla which are almost the same.

We just got back from galveston a month ago , so if you need any info please ask.

GO CANADA GO

dave

Archived