Need help to choose between lines by tomorrow

FamilyCruisers5

:confused:I am completely new at this and could really use some help QUICK! We are crusing for our 20th anniversary. Grandma rececently died, so no easy babysitter and Dad insiststs on taking all three girls (7 , 8 & 25). We wanted to do Western Caribbean, because kids are in dual language school learning Spanish. We wanted to do adjoining rooms, but turns out there are very few in the class we wanted. We tried to go up -no luck. In 2 of the 3 lines that have adjoining availability, we are ending up in the bottom of the ship Ocean View. Agent has found: Carnival Valor, RCCL Liberty, and balcony rooms on Celebrity Solstice. I am completely overwhelmed by trying to sift through the info. I think the kids would love the water slide on Carnival, but I gag when I look at the colors in the pictures. Agent was sure Solstice had a slide at the pool, but picture did not show one. So I called and they said no. Any help? Sorry this is so long and late (I had trouble getting confirmed). Thanks

If your agent thinks there is a slide on any Celebrity ship, it is time for a new agent.

It seems to me you have already made your choice. You don't like the colors on the Valor (which pretty much rules out the rest of the Carnival fleet by the way) and you want something that is kid friendly, which is not something someone knowledgeable would say about Celebrity. Oh sure, Celebrity has a special kids area and probably has a good kids program. But if you want to avoid kids, Celebrity is a good choice.

So that leaves the Liberty of the Seas. Royal Caribbean is a kid friendly line. The Liberty of the Seas is a kid magnet because of the H2O Zone. The Liberty of the Seas does not have a water slide, but it does have:

H2O Zone (a miniature water park)

ice rink (ice skating)

miniature golf course

Florider (a surfing simulator)

rock wall (rock climbing)

Royal Promenade (kind of like an indoor shopping mall - with a Ben & Jerrys)

The following pictures are from the Freedom of the Seas (which is just like the Liberty of the Seas except the name is different).

This is the Flowrider ...

1sf-Flowrider.jpg

The arcade ...

IMG_1831.jpg

The ice rink ...

IMG_2432.jpg

Miniature golf ...

1sg-IMG_2343.jpg

And the H2O Zone ...

1sxa-H2OZonefromabove.jpg

1sxe-FreedomH2OZone1.jpg

Even if you don't have "connecting" cabins, your 25 year old can certainly supervise the younger girls in a cabin next door, or across the hall....(she's lucky, at her age, that her parents will pay for her!!!) A balcony for you, the anniversary couple, with an inside cabin for the kids would work just fine, and be quite cost effective.

Personally, I think Liberty would be a perfect ship for all...plenty for the kids, and it's a beautiful ship for you.

A water slide shouldn't be the deciding factor....I mean, how many times can you go down a slide before it's "old hat"? There are sooooooo many things to do, and you'll have the port days, too...a sliding board should be the least of your concerns!

A water slide shouldn't be the deciding factor....I mean, how many times can you go down a slide before it's "old hat"?

For my nephew, a lot. I'm surprised he didn't wear a hole in his bathing suit - he really enjoyed the water slide on the Carnival Pride.

Hey,

I'm looking for a carnival ship with the waterslide could someone please let me know which one is the best. thanks

All the Carnival ships have waterslides. However, the best are probably the ships with the waterworks upgrade. These ships are the Fantasy, the Sensation, the Imagination, the Inspiration, the Dream, the Magic (when it comes out) and perhaps the Ecstasy (I'm not sure about the Ecstasy yet).

All the Carnival ships have waterslides. However, the best are probably the ships with the waterworks upgrade. These ships are the Fantasy, the Sensation, the Imagination, the Inspiration, the Dream, the Magic (when it comes out) and perhaps the Ecstasy (I'm not sure about the Ecstasy yet).

Yes, Ecstasy has it, as well as Fascination. EM

We just finished a cruise on the Carnival Inspiration. Our kids loved the waterslides that were added with the Waterworks. Anytime during the day if the kids had their choice that's where we were. Even DH enjoyed the slides (the kids liked getting to beat their Dad on the racer slides).

Thank you so much to Everyone. Given my children's LOVE of water slides and the enthusiastic response of slide lovers, I will close my eyes to the colors and take the Carnival. Thanks again. ;)

This is what the water slide on the Valor will look like. These pictures are from the Glory, but the two ships are sisters. The Valor does not have the water works ...

IMG_2763.jpg

Slidestretch-1.jpg

Archived